Victoria Wood dies aged 62 after cancer battle.

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Comedian, singer and writer Victoria Wood has died after "a short but brave" battle with cancer aged 62.
Her publicist said the star "died peacefully at her north London home with family" on Wednesday.
Wood's long-time comedy partner Julie Walters said she was "too heart sore to comment - the loss of her is incalculable".

_89334117_woodwalters_pa.jpg

_89334039_wood_dinnerladies_bbcpa.jpg

:cry: I'm so sad to hear Victoria Wood has died. She made me laugh and cry at the same time, a truly wonderful lady and entertainer. Julie Walters and Victoria Wood made such a great team, comedy, drama and just good writing about the human condition and all its flaws. I love them both!

RIP Victoria Wood

Such a loss. A brilliantly funny lady. Who never lost her sight of us 'working class lot'
She was as honest as the day is long. And will be soo missed..
☆sparkly brightly Ms Wood☆

2016 =Annis horribilus

Too many of life's treasures have left us in the first 1/4 of 2016....

#TerryWogan
#AlanRickman
#PaulDaniels
#Bowie
#RonnieCorbett
#DeniseRobertson
#DavidGest
#VictoriaWood
☆ and anyone else who has brightened our lives that I've omitted. As life is somewhat greyer now...
R.I.P all. ♡

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I forgot the link for above post.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36094827

Tributes from the world of entertainment immediately started to flood in after the news was announced.
Comedian Ricky Gervais also paid tribute to the star tweeting: “RIP the brilliant Victoria Wood. So innovative, funny and down to earth.
This has not been a good year.”
Derren Brown also wrote: “No! Not Victoria Wood. What on earth is going on? A shy genius by all accounts. End of an era.”
EastEnders star Danny Dyer tweeted: “A world without Victoria Wood is a sad sad thing. My first major crush. R.I. P beautiful. 2016 ... the year of taking the greats”
Fellow comedian John Bishop tweeted: “A true comedy legend #ripvictoriawood”
David Walliams took to social media to share his memories of star posting: “I have such happy memories watching #VictoriaWood ‘s TV shows with my mum, dad & sister. She was a humble genius.”
Jack Dee said he felt privileged to have worked with Wood describing her as “unique and truly brilliant”.
Absolutely Fabulous star Jennifer Saunders called the comedian an “inspiration”.
The Prime Minister also joined the tributes writing: “Victoria Wood was a national treasure loved by millions. My thoughts are with her family.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...2/news-story/1d5bdfcf960dfe2c26d862b6067c2211

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back