WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
16-year-old Mukilteo boy reported missing; disappearance ‘suspicious,’ sheriff says
christensen.jpg

The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday it is looking for missing 16-year-old Tyler Christensen, who was last seen in the Beverly Park area of Mukilteo on Tuesday night.
http://q13fox.com/2016/04/20/16-yea...nce-suspicious-snohomish-county-sheriff-says/

If he was on his way to an evening event, maybe his parent(s) were asleep when he was supposed to arrive home and awoke to find him not there. Or perhaps they spent time looking for him first before calling it in. He was last seen at 6:30 but they assumed he was at the youth group. So the time would really be from the time they expected him home until 3:15. It's only a few hours. There are lots of woods in that area and the road leads to a beach. Lots of places to look before they called it in.

I don't think the parents waited a long time to report him at all. I'm praying that Tyler is safe.

There are so many possibilities, obviously. Depending on where he was on Picnic Pt Rd, parts of it aren't the safest to walk on (little or no shoulder) but there are lots of people who do run, walk, walk dogs, and cycle there. It is an upscale area but there are still a lot of woods and it is basically one big hill. So while abduction could be a definite possibility, so could an accidental fall if he went off the beaten path. There are unmarked walking trails and short cuts through there (or at least there were years ago) that locals would know.
WS Mukilteo TC missing Google Earth view.JPGWS Mukilteo TC missing.JPG

My inlaws live in the picnic point area and there is a gulch near there that is very popular with cross country runners and walkers. Do we know if Tyler was a runner?

Do you mean the path that goes from Picnic Point Rd up to the back of Endeavor Elementary? It could be a feasible path depending on (if) where he exited Picnic Point Rd since the church is north.

The MSM does say the Snohomish County SD is actively looking for Tyler but I wish there was more information on what their efforts include. No word on search groups, use of dogs, etc.

I am just basing this off his sisters post that he was attending a Russian youth group and the only one in the area is the Spring of Life. Their youth group has a very active Facebook page but not a single mention of Tyler being missing.

Do you mean the path that goes from Picnic Point Rd up to the back of Endeavor Elementary? It could be a feasible path depending on (if) where he exited Picnic Point Rd since the church is north.

I believe it is called Japanese Gulch....

http://japanesegulch.org/trails/maps/

My godson is a cross country runner and I went to a few fundraising events. Tyler's build makes me think runner...and it was a beautiful day. But I'm not sure someone would plan a run right before church. Maybe just a leisurely walk.

The MSM does say the Snohomish County SD is actively looking for Tyler but I wish there was more information on what their efforts include. No word on search groups, use of dogs, etc.

I am just basing this off his sisters post that he was attending a Russian youth group and the only one in the area is the Spring of Life. Their youth group has a very active Facebook page but not a single mention of Tyler being missing.

I noticed the FB pages for the youth group and the church and nothing was said. I'm confused that the church is a Slavic church though.

Yes! That would be the trails I mentioned above. Nice to know they have a name! I did not realize that was all being developed as a park area now. (I grew up very nearby and my family and closest friends are all still there.)

Sorry - my Reply with Quote is not working!

I noticed the FB pages for the youth group and the church and nothing was said. I'm confused that the church is a Slavic church though.

I am guessing his sister is using "Russian" to mean "Slavic". A lot of Americans don't know the difference.

I am guessing his sister is using "Russian" to mean "Slavic". A lot of Americans don't know the difference.

Hmmm...it's been a couple of years since I have been home but it looks like there is a Russian church and two Slavic churches all in Mukilteo. That said, the Spring of Life has an active youth group and the others don't even have much of a web presence so hard to confirm.

Yes, I guess I was wondering if Tyler was Russian (or Slavic, or anything).

Yes, I guess I was wondering if Tyler was Russian (or Slavic, or anything).
He is not Slavic or Russian, unless it goes back pretty far. Not sure why he was going to that particular youth group.

I saw someone report on FB that dogs were in her backyard, so I do think they are being used.

He is not Slavic or Russian, unless it goes back pretty far. Not sure why he was going to that particular youth group.

Do you know the family? I did wonder as the youth group does appear to actually be kids of that heritage (based on majority of the names and that the webpage is not even in English) but Christiansen is not an uncommon name in the Northwest, so wondered if his father was maybe Scandanavian but maybe not his mother? It wasn't a short walk, either. Wonder if he attended the group regularly?

Do you know the family? I did wonder as the youth group does appear to actually be kids of that heritage (based on majority of the names and that the webpage is not even in English) but Christiansen is not an uncommon name in the Northwest, so wondered if his father was maybe Scandanavian but maybe not his mother? It wasn't a short walk, either. Wonder if he attended the group regularly?

And to add...if he was a regular attendee, he likely had a common course that he would travel. If he was new or an invited guest, he may not know which way to walk through the woods, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back