1316 users online (312 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Gayle Fleming, 63, Clemmons, 17 April 2016

Forsyth County sheriff’s deputies searching for missing woman; car found abandoned

Forsyth County sheriff’s deputies are searching for a missing Clemmons woman who was last seen on Sunday.
    http://myfox8.com/2016/04/20/forsyth...und-abandoned/

Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

https://www2.ncdps.gov/Index2.cfm?a=...01683&mpa=3392

Possibly suffering from dementia.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

On Wednesday, Fleming’s red passenger vehicle was found inside Tanglewood Park, in a smaller parking lot near the dog park near the entrance of the park. It was then that a full-scale search of the park began.

On day two, a North Carolina State Highway Patrol helicopter was brought in from Salisbury to search the park from the sky.

On the ground, bloodhounds were given a pillow case of Fleming’s to try to track her scent, but nothing new turned up.

Fleming’s family members have already been interviewed by investigators for several hours, with deputies adding that they have been extremely cooperative.

http://myfox8.com/2016/04/21/crews-s...lemmons-woman/

The N.C. Center for Missing Persons has issued a Silver Alert for Fleming, who is believed to be suffering from some form of cognitive impairment. She is white and has short gray hair and hazel eyes. She’s about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs between 140 and 160 pounds.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local...27de77f5e.html

Here is the latest news report on the search that took place this am:

http://bit.ly/23TiOnS

Based on information I learned at the search, my personal opinion is she met with foul play, but I want to emphasize local LE have said they do not believe she met with foul play.

While I do not know Gayle personally, her family members said she is not one who would venture off the walking trails & into the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by StJohn View Post
    Here is the latest news report on the search that took place this am:

http://bit.ly/23TiOnS

Based on information I learned at the search, my personal opinion is she met with foul play, but I want to emphasize local LE have said they do not believe she met with foul play.

While I do not know Gayle personally, her family members said she is not one who would venture off the walking trails & into the woods.
    For her sake, I hope you are wrong.

Do you know if any more volunteer searches are planned? I hadn't heard about this one today.

Caveat, Gayle's husband said the family are planning to search again tomorrow (Tuesday). He did not give a time but I can find out if you are interested. I will not be able to help with that one.

It has been reported by two different news sources, including the one I posted, that deputies do not believe Gayle is in the park. I suppose it is possible they think she met someone in the parking lot & took off with that person, but they have not shared their theory with the public.

I hope I am wrong too about foul play, but so many of these cases seem to turn out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmonsnc View Post
    I think they need to take a closer look at the husband.
    I imagine they are looking at him closely. Nothing has been reported about who saw her last. It seems spouses are always looked at closely unless the spouse has a solid alibi or other witnesses have seen the person.

If you have any information about the case, the tip line is 336-727-2112.
    Last edited by StJohn; 04-25-2016 at 03:39 PM. Reason: add tip line number

Quote Originally Posted by StJohn View Post
    Caveat, Gayle's husband said the family are planning to search again tomorrow (Tuesday). He did not give a time but I can find out if you are interested. I will not be able to help with that one. <snipped for focus>
    StJohn, that would be great. Depending on the time of day (and their need/want for more volunteers), I may be able to help.

I agree with you on the outcome of a lot of these cases. I was surveying my old subscribed threads and was disheartened to see just how many of them had sad endings of some sort. But I always like to hold out that hope ...

Welcome, Clemmonsnc!

If you have any personal knowledge that you think might be useful to the police investigation, I sincerely hope you share it with the tip line that StJohn shared before: 336-727-2112. Speaking generally rather than about this specific case, if I knew about threats, abuse, or other potentially relevant info in the life of a missing person, I would want to make sure the police are aware of it and can investigate those possible connections.

(Also, I hope someone will link the rules about what is/is not allowed so you can review them. When people have insider knowledge, there are things they are not allowed to publicly share without being verified as an "insider" by a moderator; even then, there may be some rumors that you cannot share ... just want you to know so you are able to contribute to the discussion!)
    Last edited by caveat; 04-26-2016 at 08:32 AM. Reason: missing word

Quote Originally Posted by caveat View Post
    (Also, I hope someone will link the rules about what is/is not allowed so you can review them. When people have insider knowledge, there are things they are not allowed to publicly share without being verified as an "insider" by a moderator; even then, there may be some rumors that you cannot share ... just want you to know so you are able to contribute to the discussion!)
    Rules Etiquette & Information can be found here
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...mp-Information
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-26-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Largest search for missing 63-year-old Clemmons woman comes up empty
    The largest search thus far for a missing 63-year-old Clemmons woman was the latest of the searches to turn up nothing today.
    Gayle Annette Fleming was reported missing over a week ago, last Sunday, by family members. Last Wednesday, a family member located Fleming’s car at Tanglewood Park, which prompted a two-day search for Fleming by both air and ground.

http://myfox8.com/2016/04/26/largest...omes-up-empty/

So happy to see they had such a large group of searchers, along with leadership from the Sheriff' s department.

I go to this park frequently to walk my dog & use the parking lot where GF's car was found. At some times that area of the park is very empty. At times I have been hesitant to walk alone with my dog when I did not see other walkers or runners on the trails there. The parking lot there is very small, maybe 12 spaces total & cars/trucks/vans park close together because the slots are narrow. I am wondering if GF got to the park during a slow time, parked next to someone & they grabbed her, pulled her in their vehicle and took off.

It is sad, has been more than a week now & apparently not a trace found.

It appears to me she met with foul play. very strange for her car to be last seen on sunday but not parked at tanglewood until tuesday.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast