Found Deceased NC - Gayle Fleming, 63, Clemmons, 17 April 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Forsyth County sheriff’s deputies searching for missing woman; car found abandoned
fleming.jpg

Forsyth County sheriff’s deputies are searching for a missing Clemmons woman who was last seen on Sunday.
http://myfox8.com/2016/04/20/forsyt...rching-for-missing-woman-car-found-abandoned/

On Wednesday, Fleming’s red passenger vehicle was found inside Tanglewood Park, in a smaller parking lot near the dog park near the entrance of the park. It was then that a full-scale search of the park began.

On day two, a North Carolina State Highway Patrol helicopter was brought in from Salisbury to search the park from the sky.

On the ground, bloodhounds were given a pillow case of Fleming’s to try to track her scent, but nothing new turned up.

Fleming’s family members have already been interviewed by investigators for several hours, with deputies adding that they have been extremely cooperative.

http://myfox8.com/2016/04/21/crews-search-tanglewood-park-for-missing-63-year-old-clemmons-woman/

Here is the latest news report on the search that took place this am:

http://bit.ly/23TiOnS

Based on information I learned at the search, my personal opinion is she met with foul play, but I want to emphasize local LE have said they do not believe she met with foul play.

While I do not know Gayle personally, her family members said she is not one who would venture off the walking trails & into the woods.

Here is the latest news report on the search that took place this am:

http://bit.ly/23TiOnS

Based on information I learned at the search, my personal opinion is she met with foul play, but I want to emphasize local LE have said they do not believe she met with foul play.

While I do not know Gayle personally, her family members said she is not one who would venture off the walking trails & into the woods.

For her sake, I hope you are wrong.

Do you know if any more volunteer searches are planned? I hadn't heard about this one today.

Caveat, Gayle's husband said the family are planning to search again tomorrow (Tuesday). He did not give a time but I can find out if you are interested. I will not be able to help with that one.

It has been reported by two different news sources, including the one I posted, that deputies do not believe Gayle is in the park. I suppose it is possible they think she met someone in the parking lot & took off with that person, but they have not shared their theory with the public.

I hope I am wrong too about foul play, but so many of these cases seem to turn out that way.

I think they need to take a closer look at the husband.

I imagine they are looking at him closely. Nothing has been reported about who saw her last. It seems spouses are always looked at closely unless the spouse has a solid alibi or other witnesses have seen the person.

If you have any information about the case, the tip line is 336-727-2112.

Caveat, Gayle's husband said the family are planning to search again tomorrow (Tuesday). He did not give a time but I can find out if you are interested. I will not be able to help with that one. <snipped for focus>

StJohn, that would be great. Depending on the time of day (and their need/want for more volunteers), I may be able to help.

I agree with you on the outcome of a lot of these cases. I was surveying my old subscribed threads and was disheartened to see just how many of them had sad endings of some sort. But I always like to hold out that hope ...

:wagon:

Welcome, Clemmonsnc!

If you have any personal knowledge that you think might be useful to the police investigation, I sincerely hope you share it with the tip line that StJohn shared before: 336-727-2112. Speaking generally rather than about this specific case, if I knew about threats, abuse, or other potentially relevant info in the life of a missing person, I would want to make sure the police are aware of it and can investigate those possible connections.

(Also, I hope someone will link the rules about what is/is not allowed so you can review them. When people have insider knowledge, there are things they are not allowed to publicly share without being verified as an "insider" by a moderator; even then, there may be some rumors that you cannot share ... just want you to know so you are able to contribute to the discussion!)

(Also, I hope someone will link the rules about what is/is not allowed so you can review them. When people have insider knowledge, there are things they are not allowed to publicly share without being verified as an "insider" by a moderator; even then, there may be some rumors that you cannot share ... just want you to know so you are able to contribute to the discussion!)

Rules Etiquette & Information can be found here
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Largest search for missing 63-year-old Clemmons woman comes up empty
The largest search thus far for a missing 63-year-old Clemmons woman was the latest of the searches to turn up nothing today.
Gayle Annette Fleming was reported missing over a week ago, last Sunday, by family members. Last Wednesday, a family member located Fleming’s car at Tanglewood Park, which prompted a two-day search for Fleming by both air and ground.
http://myfox8.com/2016/04/26/largest-search-for-missing-63-year-old-clemmons-woman-comes-up-empty/

So happy to see they had such a large group of searchers, along with leadership from the Sheriff' s department.

I go to this park frequently to walk my dog & use the parking lot where GF's car was found. At some times that area of the park is very empty. At times I have been hesitant to walk alone with my dog when I did not see other walkers or runners on the trails there. The parking lot there is very small, maybe 12 spaces total & cars/trucks/vans park close together because the slots are narrow. I am wondering if GF got to the park during a slow time, parked next to someone & they grabbed her, pulled her in their vehicle and took off.

It is sad, has been more than a week now & apparently not a trace found.

It appears to me she met with foul play. very strange for her car to be last seen on sunday but not parked at tanglewood until tuesday.

How would I go about being "verified' as an insider. While remaining anonymous to protect myself? Let me know.

I think it's great that you have shared your information with police. If nothing else, you know they are aware of your concerns and why you have them, which is important in case no one else has shared what you did.

Here is a link on how to become a verified insider to a case. At first, it talks about being verified as a professional expert in some field (e.g. forensics, search and rescue, etc.) but then it goes on to talk about insiders who know people in a case. It looks like you have to confirm your real identity to a moderator of this site, but it is kept confidential and NOT revealed to general readers like me and others who visit the forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Being verified would allow you to post information about the case that is not available from mainstream media (MSM), though as I mentioned before, there are probably still a few things you can't discuss. I imagine the moderator who verified you would make sure you knew the boundaries.

Even if you don't choose to get verified, I hope you will stick around and discuss the case with us.

So glad you reported your information Clemmonsnc. Even though Gayle has not yet been found, that doesn't mean your information has not helped. I am sure law enforcement appreciated you coming forward as well.

I do hope you will stay here & continue to share your thoughts!

Copied & pasted this info from the online Winston Salem Journal today. Did not post link because it contained other news items not relevant to this case:

"Information released about missing woman

Authorities released more information about a missing Clemmons woman Wednesday, including the make and model of her car.

Gayle Annette Fleming, 63, of Lake Cliff Drive has been missing since April 17.

Forsyth County deputies found her red 2000 Lexus GS 300 car in a parking lot near the Tanglewoof Dog Park on April 20, said Maj. Danny Carter of the Forsyth County Sheriff&#8217;s Office. Fleming did not have her dog with her when she was last seen.

A relative contacted authorities on April 18. A ground search Tuesday at Tanglewood Park yielded no new information about Fleming.

No additional searches for Fleming are planned at Tanglewood for Fleming, Carter said.

Anyone with information about Fleming can call the Forsyth County Sheriff&#8217;s Office at (336) 727-2112"

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_0484e763-1686-5ba1-bfd5-e39ca78690ec.html

I am so disappointed. The local news coverage of this missing woman is almost nonexistent. The fact that no trace of her was found in the park & sheriff dept is not planning anymore searches leads one to suspect foul play, at least in my opinion.

Thanks for the article, StJohn. I suppose it makes sense to cease searches at Tanglewood if they suppose they have pretty well covered the areas she could be in.

I haven't seen anything in the news asking for people who visited Tanglewood that Sunday - Wednesday (the day she left through the day the car was found) to contact police. I would think they would want to try and see if anyone remembers seeing the car during those days to better narrow down when it was left there.

Also, from what I remember, I don't think there is any sort of barricade at Tanglewood Park before that turnoff to the lot the car was in. Can any locals verify this? If I'm right, the car could have easily been left there at any time of day.

Has there been any information on whether or not her car was fully processed to look for anything that might have been amiss (e.g. remainders from blood stains that had been cleaned and were not visible to the eye, etc.)? I assume that if they had found something obvious, it could cause them to actively consider foul play, but I just wonder how much the car was examined in the first place.

Without specific grounds to believe she may have met with foul play, the Sheriff's Dept. has no real authority (or impetus) to search her home, right?

Caveat, as far as I know, LE has not asked for info about whether anyone saw the car before Wed, but one of the news articles said they know the car was there on Tues because it was seen on a deputie's dashcam video. Not sure what is known about the car's whereabouts Sun-Mon.

As far as I know, they never block access to that road because the road is used by campers & RVs to access the campground, so yes, the car could have been parked there most anytime from Sun-Tues.

I was at the park the Wed they found the car. Deputies had roped off the parking area, her car had the trunk & all doors open & there was a crime scene van there. As far as how much processing they did, I don't know, but since there was a crime scene van it would suggest they did gathered some " evidence".

I do know one of the articles I read said police searched the property around her home with a search dog, but as far as searching the house inside, I don' t know.

I do agree, if LE feels confident she is not in the park, doesn't make sense to tie up resources to do another search. However, since I, and a lot of others, frequently walk in the area where GF's car was found, would feel more secure if we knew abduction could be ruled out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back