TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

Thread #1

Attachments

• missy bevers.jpg
    missy bevers.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 58,072
In response to the last thread on what the significance of the K9 was, it was a highly specialized firearm/explosive accelerant K9 who would not be used for arson (E.G. sniffing for gasoline) or as a bloodhound to find people's scent:
https://www.atf.gov/about/k9/titan

Perhaps they have <i>poses</i> using that stance, but I really don't think that they walk that way.

I teach dancing and believe me, some dancers do walk with their turnout. Some bodybuilders also walk with turnout.

But, having said that, the perp's body shape looks to be someone in their 30s-40s imo.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Blue Eyes, I was just going my gut feeling about the times robberies usually happen, but here is some info:

Former NYPD Detective Wallace Zeins believes the time stamp on the surveillance video, almost 4 a.m., tells him there is more to the story.
&#8220;Usually burglars hit in the middle of the night. Maybe from 11 at night until about 3 in the morning. They don&#8217;t stay there while the sun is just coming up; there's more to the picture in this investigation,&#8221; he said.
http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-church-ask-if-anyone-recognizes-killers-walk

Lost my last post and my balance being whisked over to here. Heartbreaking, gut wrenching to hear how devastated Missy's daughters were to hear of their mother's death. Wonder if the killer watched that interview. Killer should feel such remorse and shame, but might be so twisted they feel glee.

Posted by Spanishinquistion

Here's the sister-in-law being interviewed:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sla...376629821.html
She was told by Brandon that Missy had been in a "bad wreck."

*sigh* yet another case I've come in on after a thousand posts.

Was it determined that the SWAT vest was a real SWAT vest? Something about this is nagging at me and I can't put my finger on it.

I'm only guessing but I think the dog was brought in to rule out there being any explosives planted in the building for future use. I am sure that members of the church are quite shaken and perhaps this was a way to "clear" the building's safety. After all, this "culprit" as my teens call him/her was wearing a POLICE get-up. Who knows what kind of perp this actually is?

In response to Jackeee on first thread, the squirrel was put in the photo by the church. It was a promo for VBS or something. Sorry I didn't say so before.

Was it determined that the SWAT vest was a real SWAT vest? Something about this is nagging at me and I can't put my finger on it.

I'm fairly sure in the last thread someone quoted LE who said it was not real SWAT gear, just a mishmash of stuff made to look like it.

Also as for COD, just because someone has gunshot wounds doesn't mean that was COD. You could shoot someone after they were already dead to make it look like that's how they died, if you wanted to. Not that I'm saying that's what happened but it could be that multiple weapons were used.

I teach dancing and believe me, some dancers do walk with their turnout. Some bodybuilders also walk with turnout.

But, having said that, the perp's body shape looks to be someone in their 30s-40s imo.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I shared in a previous post that I walk like that somewhat. My feet turn out like that due to the fact that I have one hip that is slightly higher than the other hip. I also have chronic back pain as a result. I would not be able to balance myself well if I did not "kick a leg out" as my husband calls it.

I think cowboys walk like that, too.

I read that it was just a regular vest, with the word POLICE across the front. I also recall reading that Missy's husband said it was not actual LE SWAT gear.

Just was reading about the SWAT video games that are really popular. just saying...

In regards to what the family first heard, about a car wreck, is it possible someone first thought she had been hit by a car? Then through the telephone game that turned into a car wreck? And I don't think the aunt did anything in malice, and there is no easy way to tell children, who are old enough to pick up on something is wrong, that their mother had been murdered. I actually think by keeping it from them it would be more hurtful than just being honest in an already terrible, unimaginable situation. No one knows how to act when someone in their family is murdered, and I for one dont think it's anyone's place to judge their actions carried out in unimaginable grief. :snooty: unless the aunt ends up being the perp, I imagine all her actions, and anyone else close to the girls were simply doing what they thought was right.

ETA: nvm went back to old thread and realized she was found inside the church, for some reason I thought it was under the porte cochere.

I'm fairly sure in the last thread someone quoted LE who said it was not real SWAT gear, just a mishmash of stuff made to look like it.

Also as for COD, just because someone has gunshot wounds doesn't mean that was COD. You could shoot someone after they were already dead to make it look like that's how they died, if you wanted to. Not that I'm saying that's what happened but it could be that multiple weapons were used.

I don't think LE has said that, at least not publically. Mr. Bevers said that in an interview and seemed to be giving his own opinion.

Lost my last post and my balance being whisked over to here. Heartbreaking, gut wrenching to hear how devastated Missy's daughters were to hear of their mother's death. Wonder if the killer watched that interview. Killer should feel such remorse and shame, but might be so twisted they feel glee.

Posted by Spanishinquistion

Here's the sister-in-law being interviewed:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sla...376629821.html
She was told by Brandon that Missy had been in a "bad wreck."

IMO the interview is in very bad taste. There is absolutely no reason to share those very personal moments.. Those details, about the children's reaction should have been kept private.
Jmo

IMO the interview is in very bad taste. There is absolutely no reason to share those very personal moments.. Those details, about the children's reaction should have been kept private.
Jmo

Who knows, perhaps the aunt thinks by sharing the severe amount of grief the family is faced with it will move someone to speak on what they know by pulling on heart strings.

"Car wreck" could be the result of hearing "accident" from whoever called Brandon.

I am on the midlothion police Facebook page and don't see any comments regarding a body builder who likes to dress in a swat outfit or pose for nude photos. Maybe I missed it, maybe it was deleted, or maybe it was never there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Set of three photos at the bottom of article. Has it been hashed out in here already as to what he appears to be holding? To me, it looks like a rifle. And the helmet almost looks like those used in sparring for karate. He/she could have hit her in the head with a weight. My family has been through karate bootcamps... and the classes were held in a church similar to the one in this case... so my mind is going crazy with all what would have been in the room she was in.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I don't know how some of you keep up with all of these cases on here.

In regards to what the family first heard, about a car wreck, is it possible someone first thought she had been hit by a car? Then through the telephone game that turned into a car wreck? And I don't think the aunt did anything in malice, and there is no easy way to tell children, who are old enough to pick up on something is wrong, that their mother had been murdered. I actually think by keeping it from them it would be more hurtful than just being honest in an already terrible, unimaginable situation. No one knows how to act when someone in their family is murdered, and I for one dont think it's anyone's place to judge their actions carried out in unimaginable grief. :snooty: unless the aunt ends up being the perp, I imagine all her actions, and anyone else close to the girls were simply doing what they thought was right.

ETA: nvm went back to old thread and realized she was found inside the church, for some reason I thought it was under the porte cochere.

One thing I found odd was that one of the reasons she went to the house was to see if the eldest daughter was there or if she had gone to assist in the early morning CG session. Presumably the daughter has her own car (?), but I don't see how if there was such a concern about Missy's own safety how it would be OK for the daughter to go and assist. You might not be able to foot your foot down on a spouse doing something, but when it comes to the kids, I don't see why the husband would agree to that. If the husband was afraid that his wife would be attacked by some deranged stalker early in the morning, I don't see how having the daughter go along makes things safer.

One thing I found odd was that one of the reasons she went to the house was to see if the eldest daughter was there or if she had gone to assist in the early morning CG session. Presumably the daughter has her own car (?), but I don't see how if there was such a concern about Missy's own safety how it would be OK for the daughter to go and assist. You might not be able to foot your foot down on a spouse doing something, but when it comes to the kids, I don't see why the husband would agree to that. If the husband was afraid that his wife would be attacked by some deranged stalker early in the morning, I don't see how having the daughter go along makes things safer.

But the husband was not home that day to put his foot down. So, I could see where someone may have thought the older daughter went with her to help her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth