Search

Butler

Reaction score
Hopefully they'll be able to search up there soon.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...social-media-conversation-in-deorr-kunz-case/

At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office and other agencies, also we are planning a professional search which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow. It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition. It is for this reason we are asking the public to avoid the area so the area will remain as undisturbed as possible as winter conditions recede.
We know there is a tremendous amount of interest in this case; we will give further updates when it is appropriate and is compatible with the active investigation.”

Has the "spring thaw" that we've been waiting for happened yet?

<modsnip>

I can see that Klein can't help but comment every so often to their name in the middle of this case. Lemhi SO states they want everyone to stay away from the area so the can do a thorough search and Klein has to come back with the statement, "As we cannot prevent you from doing anything - we STRONGLY urge you to stay out of that area and the area (s) around the camp ground. There will be a professional team of search and rescue members in the next few weeks - along with dog teams - searching certain particular areas. We do not speak for Law Enforc...ement - however we are pleading to the public to please allow the professionals to do their jobs. We, along with Law Enforcement, are following strong evidence leads in certain areas. Again we ask you to stay out of the area. This search, we understand, will not be announced to the public, and will not include the general public as specialized equipment and dogs will be used."

I wish Klein would just stay out of this and leave it to the LE professionals.

I checked the local news sources and didn't find anything. So either they haven't searched yet or they did and found nothing. I'm going with the former as this is still has a great deal of public interest in Eastern Idaho. There may still be enough snow at the campsite and surrounding area to make searching difficult. We still have quite a bit of snow at higher elevations.

Sheriff Bowerman on creek search. Sure sounds to me like they did a through job. JMO

TRANSCRIPT

True Crime Radio
Tricia Griffith

Guest: Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman to discuss missing toddler, Deorr Kunz Jr., missing from Leadore Idaho, July 10, 2015

Thursday, October 15, 2015
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ve-to-DeOrr-s-disappearance-**NO-DISCUSSION**

TG: Okay, and you have&#8230;you have searched at great lengths and great depths the reservoir and the stream&#8230;uh creek.

11:17
SB: Yes! We dove the reservoir at least four days. We put a side-scan sonar in on one day. We also uh flew a helicopter both in daylight and at night with the FLIR to illuminate for body heat, and we found absolutely nothing other than our canines alerted on it but we found that someone had come in behind us and had uh put some human cremains in of a loved one and that kind of threw our dogs off.

11:51
TG: Oh! So like spreading the ashes of their loved one and then the dog goes there and is like, hey, there&#8217;s human remains. Oh, boy! That must be frustrating!

11:59
SB: Right. And in the creek, from the&#8230;from the campground down approximately two miles, we literally walked that, waded it in hip boots and 20-30 people were removing every uh tree, limb, every branch. We had a device, a tubular device with plexiglass on it, that we could actually look down into the water and they reached under every embankment and literally uh tore that creek apart looking for uh Deorr.

12:31
TG: So obviously I think the first place everybody thinks is Oh my gosh, the poor kid fell in the water, was taken down, maybe stuck under a rock or something, but you feel confident that you have searched the creek and the reservoir enough that you feel confident that you need to start looking else&#8230; or continue to look elsewhere, right?

12:50
SB: Exactly! We had&#8230;we&#8217;ve had a total of uh I believe 18 dogs in there and those dogs should have alerted, you know even after the fact, after the length of time that we&#8217;d been looking should alert should that child be in there, but my two scent dogs that were in there initially, they should have found that child. They really should have.

Do you guys think Chelsea Brentzel will have anything tomorrow? She posted on her FB to check tomorrow.

Sheriff Bowerman on creek search. Sure sounds to me like they did a through job. JMO

snipped by me
I have no doubt Sheriff Bowerman and his folks did a thorough job searching. My point is even with thorough searches there are time bodies don't surface for some time if ever. Several years ago in down town Idaho Falls a child was thrown in the river from a main street bridge which was seen by several people. The child's grandmother (she was the one who threw the child in) jumped in right after. People saw this happen and jumped in to try to save them. The grandmother was pulled out, the child was never found. Law enforcement did a very thorough search for a very long time.

As far Chelsea doing another story, I don't know if she will. I'm sure when the Sheriff has something to tell the public we'll hear it.

I check for news on little DeOrr every day. I hope the search is successful.

I like the map because it has a legend showing private, public, BLM, land etc., the typesof trails, etc. Also elevation which I find helpful. Yes we have posted many maps, I just find this particularly comprehensive.

I agree that the baby may be up at the campground. But I find it helpful and informative to listen to what locals have to say, especially those who helped in the search.

The boating accident in the link you posted did not occur in the canal. It happened in the Snake River, which feeds many canals. The identity of the bones has not yet been determined. It would have been impossible to thoroughly search the river and the canal the way the creek and reservoir have been searched.

The small creek and small reservoir at the campground were thoroughly searched. The creek does not flow into the reservoir, the reservoir flows into the creek.

http://blackfootjournal.com/bones-found-in-rigby-area-canal-likely-from-boy-who-died-in-1981/

I just hope LE has something concrete that baby DeOrr is actually in that area, and if not I hope they know where he really is and are conducting searches there, undisclosed to the public.

I find it somewhat interesting how LE has been so silent with no updates or details of the search. jmo

Glad to see DeOrr Jr. has his own thread.
With the weather warming up now, I was hoping for some good news about the search. :(
There are so many people who haven't given up on him !

Reply to a comment asking how many searchers they have:

We've had a huge number. Probably 70 so far, from Twin Falls up to Gallatin MT. The support in this area is amazing.

And in response to how many agencies involved and if Klein is:

Lemhi County is in charge and it's at their discretion. I don't believe Klein is involved for this search. Twin Falls SAR, Jefferson, Fremont, ID Fish & Game, plus a number of dog teams from all over. It's quite the crew and we're proud to be a part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back