712 users online (78 members and 634 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Five people shot to death in Columbia County

Five people have been shot to death in and around the town of Appling, Georgia, about 130 miles east of Atlanta, the county coroner told ABC News on Friday night.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/people-shot...ry?id=38613251

Editorial comment: Five here, 8 in Ohio. What is wrong with this picture?
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/people-shot...ry?id=38613251

Editorial comment: Five here, 8 in Ohio. What is wrong with this picture?
    Is it full moon?
    * The learning and knowledge we have is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are most ignorant *-Plato "

" What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"- Thoreau.

What is going on this week???!!! Geez.

5 killed in Appling shootings; suspect may have killed self

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/cr...usta_Chronicle

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    According to AP the suspect did kill himself. All I can find is the AP Tweet with the info. Other news organizations will pick up on it I'm sure.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/723755908145287168
    BREAKING: Georgia police say suspect in fatal shooting of 5 found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound

Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

A man suspected of killing five people in a pair of shootings Friday night later died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said.

Wayne Anthony Hawes, 50, of Appling, shot himself in the head, according to a statement from Columbia County Capt. Andy Shedd. Authorities believe he unsuccessfully tried to set his house on fire before killing himself.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ings/83424054/

https://www.facebook.com/wrdwtv/post...368446?fref=nf

Update: per Columbia County Sheriff's Office - the victims in the deadly shooting have been identified as:
    Roosevelt Burns, 75.
    Rheba Mae Dent, 85.
    Kelia Clark, 31.
    Lizzy Williams, 59.
    Shelly Williams, 62.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    I am from this area and live across the Savannah river about 4 miles away now. This is so sad.
    One of my close friends has the same last name as the killer and I do not know if they are related yet. I hate guns.

There has been a lot of local violence recently. A few weeks ago 10 people were arrested and charged with murder in the stabbing death of a teenager during
    a huge fight. Parents were also involved. Something is seriously wrong.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    I just heard from my friend and they are related, brother. We have been close friends for 15 years and they are very nice good people.
    Cannot remember if I have met Wayne before. I feel like throwing up.
    Last edited by U2forever; 04-23-2016 at 05:13 AM. Reason: I forgot. I just went blank.

Quote Originally Posted by peacehope View Post
    Is it full moon?
    YES it is.

Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    I just heard from my friend and they are related, brother. We have been close friends for 15 years and they are very nice good people.
    I'm so sorry U2forever. This must be quite a shock. I can't even imagine.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    Quote Originally Posted by U2forever View Post
    I am so so sorry!

LaborDayRN, thank you. Yes,quite a shock it is.

Damarna, thank you too.

Prayers for all the victims and their families, and prayers for Hawes family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree: Things are very, very 'wrong' here in the USA. Gheesh it's barely spring. Things are incredibly TERRIBLE here in the Minneapolis & St. Paul areas: Shootings, shootings and more shootings, on & on !!

And you get all the psychos who do copykat slayings.

I've read that people who do the mass murders, in THEIR freakin' heads, think they're making a name for themselves in this life. I say: Volunteer & work your tail off for all those in need, the poor, the broken, the forgotten. Sign up & go regularly into the jails & prisons & be a source of light & hope, & peace & kindness. Give to others 'sneakily', so that your good deeds aren't found out ! Be modest about how you give to others. We each have special talents. Reminds me of the story of the 'monstrous' man, a janitor who murdered his wife: Someone said, 'He was careful about cleaning the corners of the floor'.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMary View Post
    I agree: Things are very, very 'wrong' here in the USA. Gheesh it's barely spring. Things are incredibly TERRIBLE here in the Minneapolis & St. Paul areas: Shootings, shootings and more shootings, on & on !!

And you get all the psychos who do copykat slayings.

I've read that people who do the mass murders, in THEIR freakin' heads, think they're making a name for themselves in this life. I say: Volunteer & work your tail off for all those in need, the poor, the broken, the forgotten. Sign up & go regularly into the jails & prisons & be a source of light & hope, & peace & kindness. Give to others 'sneakily', so that your good deeds aren't found out ! Be modest about how you give to others. We each have special talents. Reminds me of the story of the 'monstrous' man, a janitor who murdered his wife: Someone said, 'He was careful about cleaning the corners of the floor'.
    MinnesotaMary, they are making a name for themselves alright and it's not a good name. I know this is one of the traits where psychos differ and their victims are not human, just a target I guess. I am the last person to play shrink and get into someones head who has done monstrous deeds.

I have heard and read where some surviving victims told of how they tried to make themselves human with feelings and a family and also made the perp feel they were loved by the victim in order to be spared.

Wayne did not kill his soon to be ex-wife and I think it may be to punish her.
    I was real surprised to hear he did not kill her and to me it's very telling.

I would love to volunteer in prisons and jails and I'm sure there are programs out there for volunteers who would need to go through training first. I have PTSD and anxiety from quite a few past traumas that include abduction and a rape in 2004 that I haven't received any therapy for. I need all the help I can get and I believe this would help and in turn if I can help others, I'm all for it.
    Actually, for me to talk about my past traumas here at Websleuths does help. I need to search for the correct thread though.

Godspeed Roosevelt Burns
    Godspeed Reba Mae Dent
    Godspeed Keila Clark
    Godspeed Lizzy Williams
    Godspeed Shelly Williams

Godspeed Wayne Anthony Hawes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast