GA - Five people shot to death in Columbia County

What is going on this week???!!! Geez.

I am from this area and live across the Savannah river about 4 miles away now. This is so sad.
One of my close friends has the same last name as the killer and I do not know if they are related yet. I hate guns. :(

There has been a lot of local violence recently. A few weeks ago 10 people were arrested and charged with murder in the stabbing death of a teenager during
a huge fight. Parents were also involved. Something is seriously wrong.

I just heard from my friend and they are related, brother. We have been close friends for 15 years and they are very nice good people.
Cannot remember if I have met Wayne before. I feel like throwing up.

I just heard from my friend and they are related, brother. We have been close friends for 15 years and they are very nice good people.

I'm so sorry U2forever. This must be quite a shock. I can't even imagine.

I am so so sorry!

LaborDayRN, thank you. Yes,quite a shock it is.

Damarna, thank you too.

Prayers for all the victims and their families, and prayers for Hawes family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree: Things are very, very 'wrong' here in the USA. Gheesh it's barely spring. Things are incredibly TERRIBLE here in the Minneapolis & St. Paul areas: Shootings, shootings and more shootings, on & on !!

And you get all the psychos who do copykat slayings.

I've read that people who do the mass murders, in THEIR freakin' heads, think they're making a name for themselves in this life. I say: Volunteer & work your tail off for all those in need, the poor, the broken, the forgotten. Sign up & go regularly into the jails & prisons & be a source of light & hope, & peace & kindness. Give to others 'sneakily', so that your good deeds aren't found out ! Be modest about how you give to others. We each have special talents. Reminds me of the story of the 'monstrous' man, a janitor who murdered his wife: Someone said, 'He was careful about cleaning the corners of the floor'.

I agree: Things are very, very 'wrong' here in the USA. Gheesh it's barely spring. Things are incredibly TERRIBLE here in the Minneapolis & St. Paul areas: Shootings, shootings and more shootings, on & on !!

And you get all the psychos who do copykat slayings.

I've read that people who do the mass murders, in THEIR freakin' heads, think they're making a name for themselves in this life. I say: Volunteer & work your tail off for all those in need, the poor, the broken, the forgotten. Sign up & go regularly into the jails & prisons & be a source of light & hope, & peace & kindness. Give to others 'sneakily', so that your good deeds aren't found out ! Be modest about how you give to others. We each have special talents. Reminds me of the story of the 'monstrous' man, a janitor who murdered his wife: Someone said, 'He was careful about cleaning the corners of the floor'.

MinnesotaMary, they are making a name for themselves alright and it's not a good name. I know this is one of the traits where psychos differ and their victims are not human, just a target I guess. I am the last person to play shrink and get into someones head who has done monstrous deeds.

I have heard and read where some surviving victims told of how they tried to make themselves human with feelings and a family and also made the perp feel they were loved by the victim in order to be spared.

Wayne did not kill his soon to be ex-wife and I think it may be to punish her.
I was real surprised to hear he did not kill her and to me it's very telling.

I would love to volunteer in prisons and jails and I'm sure there are programs out there for volunteers who would need to go through training first. I have PTSD and anxiety from quite a few past traumas that include abduction and a rape in 2004 that I haven't received any therapy for. I need all the help I can get and I believe this would help and in turn if I can help others, I'm all for it.
Actually, for me to talk about my past traumas here at Websleuths does help. I need to search for the correct thread though.

Godspeed Roosevelt Burns
Godspeed Reba Mae Dent
Godspeed Keila Clark
Godspeed Lizzy Williams
Godspeed Shelly Williams

Godspeed Wayne Anthony Hawes

Hugs, U2forever. You are very brave.

IzzyBlanche, thank you so much.
Actually, I am a wuss. The smallest things scare the death out of me. Every time my DH walks into the same room as me (unannounced), I freak the heck out. I carry mace, a wooden club and a stunner in my car.
He needs to wear bells and I need Xanax.

​Daughter: Georgia man made threats day before fatal shooting
Lauren Hawes told The Associated Press on Saturday that she, her mother Angela Dent and her one-year-old daughter hid in a neighbor's house -- barely escaping with their lives -- while her father, Wayne Anthony Hawes, 50, went on a bloody rampage and killed five people, including her grandmother and cousin.

"He made threats before, but we never thought it would be at this capacity," Lauren Hawes said. "He's been kind of a ticking time bomb if you want to put in a few words."

Capt. Andy Shedd of the Columbia County Sheriff's Office said in a statement that the Friday night shootings stemmed from a domestic dispute that left three men and two women dead at two separate locations within about a mile of each other in the community of Appling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/daughter-georgia-man-made-threats-day-before-fatal-shootings/

From post # 18: "...kind of a ticking time bomb..." Those types can be so scary.:(
@ U2forever ; I am sorry for you and for your friend's loss. Really hits home when it happens to people you know or to a friend who is related to the victims.

Why can't people just take themselves out without harming anyone ? Or better yet -- get some professional help and try to restore your life and solve your issues ?

Rest in eternal peace to the victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back