796 users online (143 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Male body found in burnt drum, Morayfield, Qld, 25 April 2016

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...d492f3d3113939

BREAKING: Body found in 44 gallon drum on fire in Morayfield backyard. Police investigating.
    @kcostalos (twitter)

Sad update, police are saying the death is not suspicious.

Police are treating the death of the man as non-suspicious and are preparing a report for the coroner.

what i dont get is why was his body in the barrel and who started the fire? i just cant imagine that this guy would have set himself on fire while being in a barrel.
    Find Haleigh, Maddie, Diana,
    Find Lindsey, Pearll, Kyron

Today's forecast; severe attitude warnings possible throughout the day, scattered sarcasm showers, and a strong chance of annoyance later in the day...

Well butter my biscuit and call me darling , I'm just a hot mess !!! I'm not worried thou because I come from a strong line of lunatic's..

Quote Originally Posted by jpo74 View Post
    what i dont get is why was his body in the barrel and who started the fire? i just cant imagine that this guy would have set himself on fire while being in a barrel.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...d492f3d3113939

But police concluded the man had taken his own life after learning of his contact with family before his death.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

What a very, very horrible way to commit suicide
    I've always imagined being burnt to death would have to be one of the excruiciatingly painful ways to go.
    I guess, if one was suddenly driven to find a way to suicide, you may be limited to what you have nearby that would be quick and effective.
    Few people have guns in Australia...maybe the was the next quickest means/method available...
    Very sad.

Still doesn't explain how they think he managed to set himself of fire? He must have had some nasty demons.
    There are 3 sides to every story.
    Your side, their side & the truth!

wow! i just cant fathom someone setting fire to themselves. he must have been very out of it.
    Find Haleigh, Maddie, Diana,
    Find Lindsey, Pearll, Kyron

Today's forecast; severe attitude warnings possible throughout the day, scattered sarcasm showers, and a strong chance of annoyance later in the day...

Well butter my biscuit and call me darling , I'm just a hot mess !!! I'm not worried thou because I come from a strong line of lunatic's..

I wonder if he fell into the fire?

Or hung himself over an already lit barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pictures indicate it was in the middle of the backyard so I'm not sure he could have hung himself over it. A 44 galleon drum is not huge, it is hard to see how he could have set himself on fire.
    It is a long and painful way to die, I am very sorry for his family

Quote Originally Posted by YamBunny View Post
    The pictures indicate it was in the middle of the backyard so I'm not sure he could have hung himself over it. A 44 galleon drum is not huge, it is hard to see how he could have set himself on fire.
    It is a long and painful way to die, I am very sorry for his family
    It is a terrible way to go! I hope he didn't suffer too much!

Yes it's incredibly sad for those left behind

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...cious/3007315/
    "We were advised about a fire that was burning in the backyard at a quarter-past-one this afternoon," the spokesperson said. "Upon arrival, we were able to declare a man deceased. Initial inquiries indicate the death is non-suspicious."

Nearby neighbour Quinten Auld said he had been alarmed by the sight of red smoke billowing from over the fence and behind his property.

"I was inside playing a game on the Playstation and the person that told me there was a big fire, she's seen smoke and then we started hearing fire brigades and all that come down the street," he said. "So I came down and had a look and I couldn't see anything but red smoke and a big massive bushfire … but it looked like it was controllable."
    As the police have declared this a suicide, I can only imagine the guy must have climbed inside the barrel, poured some kind of accelerant over himself and used a lighter to start a blaze. The ferocity of the fire witnessed by the neighbors suggests some kind of extremely flammable material...I am not sure what type of accelerant would give red smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by eucalyptuz View Post
    http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...cious/3007315/

As the police have declared this a suicide, I can only imagine the guy must have climbed inside the barrel, poured some kind of accelerant over himself and used a lighter to start a blaze. The ferocity of the fire witnessed by the neighbors suggests some kind of extremely flammable material...I am not sure what type of accelerant would give red smoke...
    If the police/fire say there are no suspicious circumstances, I suppose we'll have to accept that until a Coroner's Inquest. As for the accelererant used, some type of hydrocarbon.

My guess it was diesel as it was a rural property. Nasty stuff. I am hoping the Coroner finds he passed just after the accelerant ignited.

Poor guy. It breaks my heart when people feel they'd be better off dead. He must've been in severe psychological pain. Rest easy mate.
    Last edited by Bohemian; 04-29-2016 at 06:45 PM.