Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not entirely true, in the 2008 documentary they specifically mentioned the 'Martial Arts Practitioner' as having stalking woman in and around the Claremont area.

CIA Documentary Verbatim:

"Among those till being examined are two men who can provide no alibis for the times the three victims went missing. One, was a known sexual pervert who had a semi automatic rifle and ammunition concealed under the front seat of his car. Ciara's body is believed to have been abandoned in bushland on the night she was killed, and this man knew the area so well, he could easily find his way along it's bush tracks at night.

Another of those still being investigated is a well educated martial arts practitioner from a wealthy English family, who worked closely with Sara Spiers, and had once met Jane Rimmer. He was 34 at the time of the murders, and lived alone not far from Claremont. During his Police interviews, he told a series of blatant lies playing down his close working relationship with Sara and giving false alibis for the times Jane and Ciara went missing. His polygraph test results have proved inconclusive. As yet, there is insufficient evidence to link either of these men, or the other persons of interest, to the murders."

It doesn't mention either of these men being caught stalking women during covert operations.

Let's also add that he fit the CSK's serial killer profile in almost every aspect...

RSBM. I would love to hear this discussed more. The only behavioral profile I've heard of is someone who

• Likes to drive, and would drive frequently
• Would clean his vehicle after the killings
• Is organized
• Would be nervous and anxious at work after Ciara's body was found and may even call out of work

What were the other predictions?

Who is this known sexual pervert? For some reason it doesn't sound like LW.

Regarding LW;

How do you explain the commodore link when he drove a Hyundai?

Do you think he was involved with Julie Cutler? Apparently they were in the same class at uni.

How do you explain the panel van and shoulder lengthy hair from the Karrakatta rape?

Regarding LW;

Do you think he was involved with Julie Cutler? Apparently they were in the same class at uni.

How do you explain the panel van and shoulder lengthy hair from the Karrakatta rape?

What cars do Mains road employees have access to, or did anyone in his famiky have access to a commodore?

Regarding the Panel Van could this have something to do with Lance Williams best friend?

Everything could easily be explained.. It would be nice to rule some of these things out..

Interesting about Julie Cutler if true, maybe thats why Police believe the killings are linked. The only suspects i had ever heard of were apparently boyfriends of Cutler so no idea how the CSK link eventuated, maybe it was because of Lance being in the same class as Julie if this is true? Anyone confirm?

Bart's post from thread #2

Transcript:

47:50

Hoping to catch the killer, Macro conducted saturation under cover surveillance of the general Claremont area. They also used the Police Air Wing and installed covert surveillance cameras on the streets. This resulted in the identification of men who follow women along the street and a number of rogue taxi drivers. Along with scores of other persons of interest they are thoroughly investigated and all but a few are eliminated.

Among those still being examined are two men who can provide no alibi for the times the three victims went missing. One was a known sexual pervert who had a semi-automatic rifle and ammunition concealed under the front seat of his car. Ciara's body is believed to have been abandoned in bushland on the night she was killed, and this man knew the area so well he could easily find his way along its bush tracks at night.

Another of those being investigated is a well educated martial arts practitioner from a wealthy English family who worked closely with Sarah Spiers and had once met Jane Rimmer. He was 34 at the time of the murders and live alone, not far from Claremont. During his police interviews he told a series of blatant lies, playing down his close working relationship with Sarah, and giving false alibis for the times Jane and Ciara went missing. His polygraph test results have proved inconclusive.

As yet there is insufficient evidence to link either of these men or other persons of interest to the murders.

49:48

-------

Interesting. The wording they have used does suggest both suspects were part of police surveillance that was set up soon after CG went missing. That would mean Judoman has been a suspect since 2007.

The "known sexual pervert"? Who the hell is that? Could it be LW? Could he have a had a gun? If so, you'd think the police would have leaked it because they were quite intent on putting him under extreme pressure.

So if it isn't LW, and there was another "known sexual pervert" with a gun under his seat stalking women in 1997 with no alibi who knows Eglington well, then how come we don't know about it?

Something doesn't add up.

This indicates multiple men were following women. If someone has heard inside info from a reliable source stating Lance was the only person identified during the surveillance, I'd take that into consideration.

Regarding LW;

The commodore link (as far as we can tell) was first raised in the 2008 CIA doco. Why it was raised earlier is a mystery. It would be conceivable that Macro didn't want to offer up any evidence that didn't point to LW (standard police practice) but LW wasn't identified as a suspect until September 1997 (6 months after CG). Why wasn't it mentioned within the first 6 months?

Some explanations;

1. The car the CSK used was a Commodore and LW is not the CSK
2. LW was able to procure a Commodore from his parent's service station
3. The guys at the bus stop fabricated or were mistaken as to what they saw
4. Macro have fabricated this for reasons unknown (potentially to trick the CSK into thinking he has more breathing space than he really does)

The more important question;

Police claim they are convinced the abductions were blitz attacks. They have also reported (in 2008) 3 guys witnessed a white commodore talking to CG. Recently BC from The Post has reported that there is a fibres link between JR and a white commodore (police have refused to confirm or deny these claims).

The fibres from JR backs up the witnesses account of seeing a white commodore. Separate witness also saw a car approaching where SS was standing. Neither vehicle occupants have come forward.

How confident can we really be about a blitz attack?
Possible.

How did he get to get in JC's car though? He would have had to come across her by chance and then offer to drive her car home. Then rape, murder and dump her body, and then double back and dump her car either at the beach or in the water.

If LW is CSK then I think there's a reasonable chance. I also feel the police just didn't do enough on this case.

I lean towards misinformation which is not uncommon in early media reports in such cases. Some articles say the victim didn't see her attacker and one article says shoulder length hair and PV.

He must have been able to contain he screams very quickly. Did he gag her or use a weapon? My gut feeling is he would have used a knife and threatened her to keep quiet.

Regarding LW;

If he was in the same class as Julie Cutler then IMHO that stretches the bounds of probability that he wasn't involved in that case. Perth is a small place, but it isn't that small. If he knew her he could just walk up and ask for a lift. She would have been clueless until he was on her. Then he could walk home after he dropped the car in the water.

The body was successfully disposed of also. As was SS. But where?
Digging in coastal sands is pretty easy, you can get fairly deep fairly fast if you are in the right soil/sand, and it isn't terribly hard to cover it up again, especially if it is really dry. Digging in the Hills can be an entirely different matter. That stuff can be like concrete, and you can break your back and get nowhere with rocks and tree roots getting in the way. Does anyone know how deep Corryn Rayney was buried? She wasn't found for a week, and only then after they followed an oil trail from her car. And that was in Kings Park. That was ballsy. And they still haven't found the killer.

Look at the Serpentine River down past Mortimer Road. You could drop a body in there and it would never be found. Look around Wilkinson/Burma road. Except for the odd bogan you could sit there for hours at night and never see anyone. That would be a good kill site too. No houses for miles, no traffic, and it wouldn't matter if things got messy. No chance of meeting Mr Plod down there at night back then either.

Does anyone know what LW does at Main Roads? He has been there for a long time, and as the Public Service usually rewards creepers and the incompetent he is probably in a position of authority. Perhaps he was in an area where he could access vehicles after hours. And a Main Roads car with a pile of gear (or body) in the back is never going to get pulled over by the police, and would be pretty much invisible to everyone. That would be an excellent transport and disposal vehicle.

JC's killer didn't necessarily put her car in the surf either. Her car could have been dumped and then some local teenagers or revellers put it in the water. I guess we don't know what information police have but it appears they were very light on using the media to solve this case. Also apparent is the seemingly lack of effort to solve the sexual attacks in the Claremont area leading up to the CSK murders.

JC's killer didn't necessarily put her car in the surf either. Her car could have been dumped and then some local teenagers or revellers put it in the water. I guess we don't know what information police have but it appears they were very light on using the media to solve this case. Also apparent is the seemingly lack of effort to solve the sexual attacks in the Claremont area leading up to the CSK murders.

Immersion in sea water is a very effective way to destroy DNA. I was once told by a policeman that if I ever had the need to dump a body, to make sure I dumped it in salt water. I said that I would remember that. Funny guy. I still haven't figured out if he was serious or not about meeting my needs. There was this ex boss though...

There are feet that wash up almost constantly near to where I live, and they struggle mightily to identify who they belong to. Only a couple of owners have been identified so far. No joke. Only feet.

Sutton, you posted on BigFooty:

I could not find any definitive information about printing ink's affects on DNA. But many chemicals will destroy DNA, and I agree ink is probably one of them.

I did find an interesting link between commercial printing and something included in the early profile releases.

I will post it in just a bit...still have to track down the old profile link.
Sutton, Nov 4, 2015#143

Are you able to elaborate on the link between commercial printing and the profile?

Sutton, you posted on BigFooty:

I could not find any definitive information about printing ink's affects on DNA. But many chemicals will destroy DNA, and I agree ink is probably one of them.

I did find an interesting link between commercial printing and something included in the early profile releases.

I will post it in just a bit...still have to track down the old profile link.
Sutton, Nov 4, 2015#143

Are you able to elaborate on the link between commercial printing and the profile?

I followed up a few posts down, BF Post #146. At the time, I was trying to find an early article that profiled the killer as having washed his vehicle on site (which I think would be physical evidence, not a profile). I couldn't find it, so just used the one where Paul Ferguson said of the killer, "He enjoys driving and would look after his vehicle, which he'd wash and polish a lot. He would be very much aware of any evidence in the vehicle and be careful."

I would love to hear everyone's profile related thoughts.

Immersion in sea water is a very effective way to destroy DNA. I was once told by a policeman that if I ever had the need to dump a body, to make sure I dumped it in salt water. I said that I would remember that. Funny guy. I still haven't figured out if he was serious or not about meeting my needs. There was this ex boss though...

There are feet that wash up almost constantly near to where I live, and they struggle mightily to identify who they belong to. Only a couple of owners have been identified so far. No joke. Only feet.

Has the cop offered up any other helpful hints? If he's in Perth, maybe you should submit him to Crime Stoppers. :-/

I was about to say the feet phenomenon also happened on Canada's western shores, but then I checked your profile and saw you are on the US's west coast, so this must be the same chain of events. I've heard some reasonable explanations for it, but it's still creepy.

They say in the U.S. it`s suicide in/at water. Over time the foot breaks away from the ankle & the sandshoes with the foot enclosed, float away.

Has the cop offered up any other helpful hints? If he's in Perth, maybe you should submit him to Crime Stoppers. :-/

I have had some pretty in-depth posts about evidence, questioning, etc. Where do you think I got all that from? TV? No.

They say in the U.S. it`s suicide in/at water. Over time the foot breaks away from the ankle & the sandshoes with the foot enclosed, float away.
They do say that, don't they. But after that pig farmer outside Vancouver butchered those 50-odd prostitutes around the time of the Green River guy in Seattle, people around here keep a very open mind. And their doors locked. And yet the feet still keep turning up. Even one just a few weeks ago.

Canadians are punching way over their weight when it comes to serial killers. It would seem that they are very motivated individuals.

Isn't there a Hwy somewhere, maybe outside Vancouver where girls have been disappearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith