TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

a quick reminder on the social media rules:

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

Hi Everyone,

We are all anxious to help try and find Missy Bevers killer.

Let's stick with what we know is real.

Here is an Inside Edition video of the killer. I'm sure this video has been posted elsewhere but for the sake of keeping things moving quickly I'll post it again.

[video=youtube;r7iBsHEAd0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iBsHEAd0Y[/video]

If you see any other video out there of the killer that has been manipulated in any way you have no idea if what you are looking at is the real thing.

Remember, your words have power. Please think before you post because once it's on the Internet it can't be removed. Even if we delete your post it can still be found somewhere or maybe someone copied and pasted it and will repost it somewhere else. You never know.

Your Words Have Power. Choose them wisely please.

Thank you,
Tricia

Thanks Sparky!

Hopefully this will the the thread where there is a break in the case!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sparky!

Hopefully this will the the thread where there is a break in the case!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gosh I hope so, Krig. Despite all that footage I just can't believe we still don't even know if the killer is male or female. Mad!

The radio silence is deafening. For people in the area...are you hearing anything as far as impatience in movement or information release about the case? I don't care if they say residents shouldn't be concerned, I sure would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been over a week now. Time flies. i have to admit that a part of me thought the suspect would've been caught by now.

Welcome to WS!!!!

Stella, would you say that the perp would have pretty much had to drive there to be able to make a quick getaway? Or, if they walked, someone surely would have noticed a person in SWAT gear walking away? (Unless they changed their clothes, which of course is likely if they walked away).
Thank you for the welcome :)
Yes, I would say that person drove there or was dropped off. No matter the time of day, I can't imagine anyone walking 287 in swat gear (or regular clothes for that matter) and not being noticed. And as prepared as they were I don't think they would risk having to walk further than the parking lot to escape after their evil deed. I've seen some speculation about parking at the airport or on some dirt road behind the church. Possible, sure. But I think they probably drove straight into and left from pking lot.
Whataburger is too far to escape efficiently on foot thru the field after committing a crime and it's a24 hour joint and you know some old cronies were already in there having coffee and I'd be surprised if they don't have cameras that would show perp in the WB pkng lot had they parked there n walked. Doesn't make sense with how prepared and under the radar they were about all the other stuff. I think they drove into church lot, knew where to park to not be seen (or per LE, barely seen) on camera n got the heck out of there before that first camper arrived. If they were entered the church from the north bound side, I hope they could see something on the SWFA security cameras. It's a huge gun store, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have good footage. But, it's on the south bound side and the highway is wide, so also wouldn't be surprised if you can't see much on the north bound side.

Regarding the early-bird camper, I'd like to know if she (I'm assuming it's a female) was always early for class, or was this unusual for that particular day?

I'm an early-bird for just about everything, but generally not 25 minutes early....not that my behavior has anything to do with this. Just jabbering.

JMO

I've been wondering how close to the church, easily accessible, big (wide/deep), and fast moving this creek is, especially with all of the rain there lately. Specifically; could the perp have ditched the gear in the creek? Has the creek and surrounding area been checked? I'd think probably yes but if there has been any mention of that I've missed it. TIA!

Dredre, haven't heard anything in days. I think this person targeted Missy and there probably isn't anything to worry about, re, serial killer on the loose, but my daughter closes up a local business by herself frequently, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm more nervous about that because of this crime.

I've been wondering how close to the church, easily accessible, big (wide/deep), and fast moving this creek is, especially with all of the rain there lately. Specifically; could the perp have ditched the gear in the creek? Has the creek and surrounding area been checked? I'd think probably yes but if there has been any mention of that I've missed it. TIA!

I'm thinking about the getaway this morning too. I'm thinking that the outfit s/he wore was roomy and easy to remove. However, it would be bulky to carry - the helmet, boots, vest are big items.

The items would fit in a duffle bag/workout bag.

JMO.

Wonder if someone is trying to frame someone else by walking that way......

Hi Everyone,

We are all anxious to help try and find Missy Bevers killer.

Let's stick with what we know is real.

Here is an Inside Edition video of the killer. I'm sure this video has been posted elsewhere but for the sake of keeping things moving quickly I'll post it again.

[video=youtube;r7iBsHEAd0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7iBsHEAd0Y[/video]

If you see any other video out there of the killer that has been manipulated in any way you have no idea if what you are looking at is the real thing.

Remember, your words have power. Please think before you post because once it's on the Internet it can't be removed. Even if we delete your post it can still be found somewhere or maybe someone copied and pasted it and will repost it somewhere else. You never know.

Your Words Have Power. Choose them wisely please.

Thank you,
Tricia

Tricia-a big shout-out to all the Mods here. They are doing a stellar job.

One thing I'm thinking is if this perp thought to leave some items/tools/whatever it was behind, they wouldn't want to be carting around that getup, either. What if the "saran wrap/level/folded papers" was indeed saran wrap, or large plastic baggies? The perp could deglove, put the baggies/wrap on hands, disrobe, discard, and only be left with the wrap/baggies to dispose of any trace DNA/prints. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne