1262 users online (223 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

OR - Kattie Talbert, 16, Klamath Falls, 1 May 1998

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31546/

City: Klamath Falls

State: Oregon

Zip code: 97603

County: Klamath

Circumstances: Kattie Nicole Talbert ran away from her uncle Earl Jones residence in May of 1998. She spoke of a male subject that lived near a park close to the Dairy Queen on East Main Street.

This is a recently added case to NamUs, I wonder if the NCMEC could do an age progression for her?

Any more details? Why was she with her uncle? Was the male older than her? Any sightings?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    Any more details? Why was she with her uncle? Was the male older than her? Any sightings?
    These is limited information on Kattie online, she was just added to NamUs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkywaters View Post
    These is limited information on Kattie online, she was just added to NamUs last year.
    Hope Kattie is happily living her life somewhere, some details from link.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/ca...ort_html/31546
    Case Report - NamUs MP # 31546
    Case Information
    Status Missing
    First name Kattie
    Middle name Nicole
    Last name Talbert
    Nickname/Alias
    NCMEC number
    Date last seen May 01, 1998 00:00
    Date entered 12/14/2015
    Age last seen 16 to 16 years old
    Age now 34 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 65.0
    Weight (pounds) 120.0
    Circumstances
    City Klamath Falls
    State Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Murkywaters View Post
    Rhetorical questions: I wonder why there is such limited information online and why Kattie was only recently added to NamUs. I could find nothing other than the recent information that she is missing. It's as if she didn't exist before she left. Who are her parents? Did they just assume she ran away with a boyfriend? In those days LE wasn't too helpful with presumed runaways. Why isn't there a photo of her in her teens? Is anyone in her family (younger siblings shown in photo) now looking for her? If so, I wish they would start a FB page. It's really sad.
    Last edited by Lilibet; 04-29-2016 at 01:37 AM.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Rhetorical questions: I wonder why there is such limited information online and why Kattie was only recently added to NamUs. I could find nothing other than the recent information that she is missing. It's as if she didn't exist before she left. Who are her parents? Did they just assume she ran away with a boyfriend? In those days LE wasn't too helpful with presumed runaways. Why isn't there a photo of her in her teens? Is anyone in her family (younger siblings shown in photo) now looking for her? If so, I wish they would start a FB page. It's really sad.
    I agree, this is sad. They're all sad...but this one just feel particularly sad. So the last person to have allegedly seen her was her uncle? Just to add to the rhetorical questions. What about the Dairy Queen, did people there know her? Did she have a driver's license, car? Or did she tend to walk everywhere? What was her typical route either way? How were things at school? Had she "runaway" before?

She was a 16 year old girl, she was talking to her friends--what did they know? If she really was meeting up with a boy, one of those friends knew, I can guarantee it, and if she hadn't said anything to them then the meeting up with a guy who lives by Dairy Queen story doesn't hold up.

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1259519

Kattie now has a NCMEC poster

My first question: Was her uncle cleared as a suspect?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    My first question: Was her uncle cleared as a suspect?
    How could they possibly clear her uncle as a suspect? The only information they have about her disappearance, including the date and time she went missing, came from him.

True. I think what I meant to say was, I'd have a closer look at the uncle and his story.

http://www.kdrv.com/story/35410757/u...e-talbert-1998
    May 11th 2017

KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. -- A Klamath County teenager was last seen in 1998 before police say she ran away from her uncle's house.

Kattie Talbert was 16 years old at the time.
    Oregon State Police say she talked to a man that lived near a park close to the Dairy Queen on East Main Street. They say she may have talked to the man on the day she disappeared.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Handy link, imo.
    https://kobi5.com/news/southern-oreg...hildren-53241/
    Southern Oregonís missing children
    May 19, 2017

Medford, Ore. Ė There are dozens of kids still missing in Oregon.

To raise awareness ahead of National Missing Childrenís Day on May 25, NBC5 News has compiled a list of kids who have gone missing in our area.

If you have any information about these missing children, call 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

The following information is courtesy of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    The lack of information available in this case is frustrating. I'm used to it with much older cases (70s, 80s), but I thought that by '98 disappearances of teens were getting more media coverage.