Thread: UT - Debra Lee Frost, 17, Salt Lake City, 9 July 1984

UT - Debra Lee Frost, 17, Salt Lake City, 9 July 1984

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, Utah
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: April 17, 1967
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy brown hair, hazel eyes. Frost has a burn scar on the calf of her left leg, a scar on her nose, and freckles. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Debbie.
    Clothing Description: A black tube top with a white fishnet overlay, long blue pants and blue tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
    Frost was last seen at approximately 10:00 p.m. in her hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah on July 9, 1984. She was at the Mountain Bell Plaza at the time. Frost planned to either walk or hitchhike to Montgomery Street in Salt Lake City; she never arrived. It is not known if she located a ride or began walking on her own. Frost has never been heard from again. Investigators believe she was abducted. Few details are available in her case.

The thing with Debra is she just seemed like such a vibrant young girl, from her picture. This is another case that kills me because of the lack information/detail/evidence... its unbelieveable sometimes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby For This Useful Post:

Alas, the only thing I was able to find about Debbie Frost on the internet, other than what little is posted above, is a comment on a blog entry about Elizabeth Smart. The commenter said she was Debbie's sister and it angered her that Debbie, who disappeared in the same city as Elizabeth, did not get the same level of media attention because she wasn't a rich Mormon.

Sigh...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to meggilyweggily For This Useful Post:

Debra Lee Frost, 17, Missing since July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, UT

Debra Lee Frost
    Missing since July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 17, 1967
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Sandy hair; hazel eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Frost has a burn scar on her left calf.
    Clothing: She was last seen wearing a black tube-top with white fishnet over it, long blue pants and blue tennis shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Frost was last seen at approximately 10 PM at Mountain Bell Plaza in Salt Lake City, UT on July 7, 1984. She intended to walk or hitchhike to Montgomery Street, but she never arrived.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Salt Lake City Police Department 801-799-3734

E-Mail: MikeKing@UTAP.org

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number: M-127184530
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    The Doe Network: Case File 83DFUT

LINK:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/83dfut.html

UT-Debra Frost, 17, Salt Lake City MISSING 25 YEARS

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7255150&autostart=y

22 July 09

Twenty-five years after a young woman disappeared from downtown Salt Lake City, law enforcement officers are asking the public for new information.

Debra Frost, then 17, was last seen at Mountain Bell Plaza at 10 p.m. on July 9, 1984. She planned to hitchhike or walk to Montgomery Street but never arrived. Today her childhood friend Venus Pierson says she thinks about Frost all the time.

"It was really sad to not have any information about her," Pierson said. "We were like sisters."

At the time of Frost's disappearance, police distributed 1,100 missing persons fliers, but nothing came of them. A year later, detectives told newspapers they believed Frost may have been murdered by a serial killer passing through town, but her body was never found.

more at link
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

25 years ago....

It has been 25 years since the disappearance of Debra Lee Frost.

I worked at 205 E 200 S at the time. It is the building across the street from Bell Plaza. From what I remember about this case it was said she was seen hitchhiking. It seems strange that if she was at Bell Plaza hitchhiking, she would of been hitchhiking east. Montgomery Street is about 4 miles west of Bell Plaza. Just wanted to share this info.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justice57 For This Useful Post:

New lead in 28-year-old cold case for Salt Lake police

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1892...lt-lake-police

(snip)
    Investigators say they received an anonymous tip about a year ago concerning the disappearance of Debra Frost who went missing on July 9, 1984. That tip lead them to Rock Springs, Wyo. where she had some sort of contact with police on July 21, 12 days after she was last seen, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Josh Ashdown.

The nature of the contact with police is unknown, however, because police records from then have been purged, Ashdown said.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Wow, amazing. She still could be alive!

wow I wonder what the contact with police on July 21 was.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

A bit old but there are som interesting similarities

http://www.gardeninggonewild.com/?page_id=5409

She does bear a remarkable resemblance!

Lets see how this goes

There is a missing persons case out of UT that dates back from 1984. Her name is Debra Lee Frost.

The resemblance between you and her is uncanny. In fact, the age progression image looks just like you.

I know this is a shot in the dark, and I am probably seeing what I want to see, but you are her?

Do a Google image search and you will understand what I mean when it comes to the image age progression.

Danke

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to q64ceo For This Useful Post:

I found this thread on Bonnie Blog of Crime (http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2...city-ut7984/):

"The police need to look further into her association with Fred Martinez. (Originally from Rock Springs Wyoming) If you can find her old best friend–Faye–she would know more. Fred commited suicide 15 years ago, all who knew him are pretty sure he killed her. He raped many girls in Utah and Wyoming, the survivors never threatened to tell anyone or call the police. I am so sorry to tell you this, but I don’t believe she is alive. Please contact me via email, I will give you my phone number–as well as others who may be able to help you find some closure."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hducky1977 For This Useful Post:

13 Utah children still missing in cases dating to 1964

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55...rrett.html.csp
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/83dfut.html
    DFrost.jpgDFrost1.jpg

Left: Frost, circa 1984; Right: Age-progressed to age 39 (circa 2006)
    Debra has been missing for 30 years.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

Cold case rape, homicide investigations receive $270K boost with award November 5, 2014

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=32234650

"The unknown is the worst," said Detective Cody Lougy, who dissected the Debra Lee Frost missing person case when he worked homicide.

The 17-year-old West High School student vanished at 250 E. 200 South in Salt Lake City, only a half block from the old police station. Lougy believes DNA testing could be the key in Frost's case and other unsolved homicide and sexual assault cases in their files.

When Lougy worked that case several years ago, the detective discovered Frost had surfaced in Rock Springs, Wyoming, one week after her disappearance. He zeroed in on a person of interest, but he had already died.

"Unfortunately, I still could not get closure for the family," he said. "We still could not locate her body."
    Hopefully, they will be able to uncover the truth behind her disappearance.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JusticeWillBeServed For This Useful Post: