UT UT - Debra Lee Frost, 17, Salt Lake City, 9 July 1984

Shelby

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, Utah
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: April 17, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Sandy brown hair, hazel eyes. Frost has a burn scar on the calf of her left leg, a scar on her nose, and freckles. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Debbie.
Clothing Description: A black tube top with a white fishnet overlay, long blue pants and blue tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
Frost was last seen at approximately 10:00 p.m. in her hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah on July 9, 1984. She was at the Mountain Bell Plaza at the time. Frost planned to either walk or hitchhike to Montgomery Street in Salt Lake City; she never arrived. It is not known if she located a ride or began walking on her own. Frost has never been heard from again. Investigators believe she was abducted. Few details are available in her case.

The thing with Debra is she just seemed like such a vibrant young girl, from her picture. This is another case that kills me because of the lack information/detail/evidence... its unbelieveable sometimes.

Alas, the only thing I was able to find about Debbie Frost on the internet, other than what little is posted above, is a comment on a blog entry about Elizabeth Smart. The commenter said she was Debbie's sister and it angered her that Debbie, who disappeared in the same city as Elizabeth, did not get the same level of media attention because she wasn't a rich Mormon.

Sigh...

Debra Lee Frost
Missing since July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 17, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Sandy hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Frost has a burn scar on her left calf.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a black tube-top with white fishnet over it, long blue pants and blue tennis shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Frost was last seen at approximately 10 PM at Mountain Bell Plaza in Salt Lake City, UT on July 7, 1984. She intended to walk or hitchhike to Montgomery Street, but she never arrived.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Salt Lake City Police Department 801-799-3734

E-Mail: MikeKing@UTAP.org

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number: M-127184530
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 83DFUT

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/83dfut.html

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7255150&autostart=y

22 July 09

Twenty-five years after a young woman disappeared from downtown Salt Lake City, law enforcement officers are asking the public for new information.

Debra Frost, then 17, was last seen at Mountain Bell Plaza at 10 p.m. on July 9, 1984. She planned to hitchhike or walk to Montgomery Street but never arrived. Today her childhood friend Venus Pierson says she thinks about Frost all the time.

"It was really sad to not have any information about her," Pierson said. "We were like sisters."

At the time of Frost's disappearance, police distributed 1,100 missing persons fliers, but nothing came of them. A year later, detectives told newspapers they believed Frost may have been murdered by a serial killer passing through town, but her body was never found.

more at link

It has been 25 years since the disappearance of Debra Lee Frost.

I worked at 205 E 200 S at the time. It is the building across the street from Bell Plaza. From what I remember about this case it was said she was seen hitchhiking. It seems strange that if she was at Bell Plaza hitchhiking, she would of been hitchhiking east. Montgomery Street is about 4 miles west of Bell Plaza. Just wanted to share this info.

New lead in 28-year-old cold case for Salt Lake police

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=189...in-28-year-old-cold-case-for-salt-lake-police

(snip)
Investigators say they received an anonymous tip about a year ago concerning the disappearance of Debra Frost who went missing on July 9, 1984. That tip lead them to Rock Springs, Wyo. where she had some sort of contact with police on July 21, 12 days after she was last seen, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Josh Ashdown.

The nature of the contact with police is unknown, however, because police records from then have been purged, Ashdown said.

Lets see how this goes

There is a missing persons case out of UT that dates back from 1984. Her name is Debra Lee Frost.

The resemblance between you and her is uncanny. In fact, the age progression image looks just like you.

I know this is a shot in the dark, and I am probably seeing what I want to see, but you are her?

Do a Google image search and you will understand what I mean when it comes to the image age progression.

Danke

I found this thread on Bonnie Blog of Crime (http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/02/07/missing-debra-lee-frost-salt-lake-city-ut7984/):

"The police need to look further into her association with Fred Martinez. (Originally from Rock Springs Wyoming) If you can find her old best friend–Faye–she would know more. Fred commited suicide 15 years ago, all who knew him are pretty sure he killed her. He raped many girls in Utah and Wyoming, the survivors never threatened to tell anyone or call the police. I am so sorry to tell you this, but I don’t believe she is alive. Please contact me via email, I will give you my phone number–as well as others who may be able to help you find some closure."

Cold case rape, homicide investigations receive $270K boost with award November 5, 2014

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=32234650

"The unknown is the worst," said Detective Cody Lougy, who dissected the Debra Lee Frost missing person case when he worked homicide.

The 17-year-old West High School student vanished at 250 E. 200 South in Salt Lake City, only a half block from the old police station. Lougy believes DNA testing could be the key in Frost's case and other unsolved homicide and sexual assault cases in their files.

When Lougy worked that case several years ago, the detective discovered Frost had surfaced in Rock Springs, Wyoming, one week after her disappearance. He zeroed in on a person of interest, but he had already died.

"Unfortunately, I still could not get closure for the family," he said. "We still could not locate her body."

Hopefully, they will be able to uncover the truth behind her disappearance.

Le bump

Would appreciate it if any of her family finds this thread that they would PM me.

Could Debbie have started a new life which eventually led to her living and dying in Modesto, CA? I wonder if there are any known connections she or others in her circle had to CA? This lady seems to me like a good potential match to Debbie. Note her alias "Frosty Austin". Could Debra Frost have chosen "Frosty" as her new name? Does she know/love an Austin? Did she move to/have a liking for Austin, TX?

Is it known whether she was fingerprinted during her interaction with LE one week after her disappearance?

UID Frosty Austin's NamUs profile -
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Recovery - Decedent died at a nursing home under the name "Frosty Austin". Unable to positively identify via fingerprints, DNA and there is no next of kin.

Debra's NamUs profile - [UID stats]
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Female
Missing Age 17 Years
Current Age 53 Years [Adult Pre-60]

Height 5' 5" - 5' 7" (65 - 67 Inches) [5'6"]
Weight 115 - 130 lbs [214]
Hair Color Brown [Blonde/Strawberry]
Head Hair Description BROWN/AUBURN LENGTH WAS MID-BACK
Eye Color Hazel [Blue]

Description - Piercing - EAR PIERCINGS [Frosty is wearing earrings in photo. Unknown if piercing or clip-on.]

Scar/mark [None mentioned]
SCAR ON HER LEFT CALF
SCAR ON BRIDGE OF NOSE [possible marking on right side of nose near nostril( MOO)]
SCAR ON CHEST/BREAST - UNKNOWN WHICH SIDE
FRECKLES

Original
Original

Debra's age progression photos -
Original
Original

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors