1258 users online (231 members and 1027 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Sex Offender's Pregnant Wife in Child Custody Fight

Melissa WolfHawk, due to give birth any day now, lives in fear that her baby will be taken from her by the government.

The county child-welfare agency believes her child won't be safe because her husband is a sex offender who spent more than a decade in prison for rape in a case involving two teenage girls.

Snip*DaiShin WolfHawk, 53, was known as John Joseph LentiniSnip* He described himself as the chief of an American Indian tribe, the Unole E Quoni, which he says has 175 families in eight states but is not recognized by any state or by the federal government.

Sounds like the makings of a cult leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann

Thats what I was thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Snip*DaiShin WolfHawk, 53, was known as John Joseph LentiniSnip* He described himself as the chief of an American Indian tribe, the Unole E Quoni, which he says has 175 families in eight states but is not recognized by any state or by the federal government.

They showed a picture of the wife---red-headed, freckled, as Irish as St. Patty (or so she looked) wearing an elaborate Amerindian choker/pectoral that was more appropos for Plains Indians, and only the male warriors at that. I'm sure anyone with any true American Indian blood would roll their eyes. Claiming to be member of a tribe is a popular dodge to avoid federal interference/laws. Like the crazy-azz Nuwaibians, who started off claiming to be some mixture of Choctaw(?) and Egyptian (?) & UFO Aliens. Their cult leader is doing serious time for child molestation.

She can have custody quite easily - leave the child molester and go somewhere else. Otherwise - forget it.

Sex Offender's Wife in Custody Battle Gives Birth

Melissa WolfHawk, who has been embroiled in a controversial legal battle with Pennsylvania child welfare officials seeking custody of her unborn child, gave birth to a baby boy Tuesday at Jennersville Regional Hospital in West Grove, Pa.

The Schuylkill County Department of Children and Youth Services wants to remove the child from WolfHawk's care, because her husband is a convicted sex offender. The department was granted an emergency order Wednesday to gain custody of the newborn, whose name was not disclosed, but WolfHawk and her son remained together at the hospital this morning.

WolfHawk's husband of three years, DaiShin WolfHawk, 53, admitted raping two teenage girls more than 20 years ago, and county officials have warned the couple they may take the child into custody. A custody hearing is scheduled to be held Friday in Pottsville, Pa.

The results of the case could have nationwide consequences.
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1233572
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This is going on close to me, and this is something I really can't take sides on. I feel so horrible for the mother who might lose her baby, and yet I can't see leaving it with the father who's a convicted sex offender. I'm wondering why she got pregnant in the first place...

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

I have had an unfaithful husband and the remainder of the time I was with him, I often had trouble with being intimate, because when we were, I would find myself picturing him with someone else. So how can this woman sleep with this man, get pregnant with this man, knowing what he did? I mean really, did she not picture this?
    I feel for her being forced to make the choice. But the law or society is not forcing her to make the choice. Her husband is forcing her to make the choice.If she insists on being an enabler, the child should not be subjected to it. At least she is being given a choice. The children who were his victims did not have a choice. And this child would not have a choice, unless the state intervened to give it one.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Child-welfare officials obtained an emergency court order to seize a baby just 24 hours after he was born, contending the infant would be unsafe because his father is a convicted sex offender.
    The hospital, however, refused to hand over the infant so soon after birth, according to a lawyer representing the mother.

The boy was born Tuesday, and Schuylkill County Children and Youth Services was granted the order Wednesday. The agency expressed concerns that he could be in danger because his 53-year-old father, DaiShin WolfHawk, was convicted of rape and sodomy more than two decades ago in New York.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-304787c.html

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    This is going on close to me, and this is something I really can't take sides on. I feel so horrible for the mother who might lose her baby, and yet I can't see leaving it with the father who's a convicted sex offender. I'm wondering why she got pregnant in the first place...
    Sorry Paradise.....I CAN TAKE SIDES EASILY. ANY mother ANY parent who is sick enough to live with a convicted pedophile DESERVES TO HAVE HER CHILDREN GONE!!!!!!

I'm glad this is going on. It's about damn time the authorities start taking some "preventative" measures in order to protect children. It's not happening enough.

We have to take a test and follow the law in order to drive a vehicle, certainly having children should mean much much more responsibility.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise
    Did you see this part from Mysteriew's link?

The county also produced a doctor's report that Melissa WolfHawk had acknowledged using cocaine and methamphetamine and working as a prostitute, and a New York parole document indicating DaiShin WolfHawk sexually abused his daughter. The WolfHawks vigorously denied those allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I have had an unfaithful husband and the remainder of the time I was with him, I often had trouble with being intimate, because when we were, I would find myself picturing him with someone else. So how can this woman sleep with this man, get pregnant with this man, knowing what he did? I mean really, did she not picture this?
    I feel for her being forced to make the choice. But the law or society is not forcing her to make the choice. Her husband is forcing her to make the choice.If she insists on being an enabler, the child should not be subjected to it. At least she is being given a choice. The children who were his victims did not have a choice. And this child would not have a choice, unless the state intervened to give it one.
    I seriously doubt thinking is this woman's long suit.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

The county also produced a doctor's report that Melissa WolfHawk had acknowledged using cocaine and methamphetamine and working as a prostitute, and a New York parole document indicating DaiShin WolfHawk sexually abused his daughter. The WolfHawks vigorously denied those allegations.

Can we sterilize her now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Can we sterilize her now?
    yes, as long as we give her a lobotomy while we're at it

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb

No I did not see the part of the link and that wasn't listed in my local newspaper either. With that info, I'm not on the fence anymore about this...this child deserves to have loving parents and a safe environment to grow up in. I'm glad CPS stepped in and is trying to protect this child before anything can happen.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast