Michigan teacher fired for using "V" word

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Middle School Art Teacher Claims She Was Fired For Saying ‘Vagina’

The class was discussing Georgia O’Keeffe’s paintings.

04/27/2016 10:24 pm ET | Updated 10 minutes ago

Carla Herreria Associate Editor, HuffPost Hawaii

A Michigan middle school teacher claims she was fired after using the word “vagina” during an art class about Georgia O’Keeffe.

Substitute art teacher Allison Wint, 24, says she was delivering a lecture on controversy in art at Harper Creek Middle School last week when O’Keeffe’s paintings were brought into the discussion.

Wint told the Detroit Free Press that she recalls telling the eighth-grade class, “Imagine walking into a gallery when [O’Keeffe] was first showing her pieces, and thinking, ‘Am I actually seeing vaginas here, am I a pervert? I’m either a pervert or this woman was a pervert.’”

In her own estimation, Wint went on to say “vagina” at least 10 more times. “But it was never in a vulgar capacity,” she explained...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teacher-fired-for-saying-vagina_us_572139fae4b01a5ebde47576

I don't know what all the fuss is about. You can hear that and much worse every day of the week on TV and what passes for music these days.

:cow:

They had Hannah Horvath as their teacher?

(Sorry, this joke probably won't make it very far on WS.)

Wow. Pretty limited vocabulary for a college educated teacher of art. Is that all she had to say about this artist's work?

Thousands Rally Behind Utah Teacher Who Was Fired for Saying 'Boob' and 'Condom'

Posted: 9:00 AM, May 07, 2016

A community has rallied behind a beloved Utah science teacher who was fired for using two seemingly innocuous words.

RevaBeth Russell taught at Lehi High School for some 30 years and continued to pursue her love of the classroom as a substitute following her retirement two years ago.

That came to an abrupt halt in April when Russell was banned from the school after a student complained about her use of two specific words.

Those words? "Boob" and "condom." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...cher-who-was-fired-for-saying-boob-and-condom

They had Hannah Horvath as their teacher?

(Sorry, this joke probably won't make it very far on WS.)

Ha,Girl's!

Boy would I be in trouble today because when I taught preschool (in a church school) I always used the word vagina and penis instead of pee pee and wee wee.I taught the children to say the words also.The subject would come up during toilet time or getting caught playing house or just out of the blue,you know how kids are. Oh! and nap time,me-" Johnny playtime is over and now is naptime so hands above your head".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back