925 users online (180 members and 745 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

New Zealand - Carolyn, 44, & Rachel Lloyd, 22, Kapiti, 28 April 2016

Car of women missing in North Island found in Kapitia

Police are seeking any information on the whereabouts of American woman Carolyn Lloyd, 44, and daughter Rachel Lloyd, 22.

The vehicle the pair were travelling in has been found in Kapiti, police confirmed on Friday night.
    http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/794663...l-north-island
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

This is not too far from where I live. Hope the ladies have made it to the Kapakapanui Hut. It is only 3-4 hours walk from where their car was located. Thankful for our good spell of weather lately in case they haven't.

Are there wild animals in this park? Wild boar? IDK Hopefully infrared will hit on something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jillybean51 View Post
    Are there wild animals in this park? Wild boar? IDK Hopefully infrared will hit on something soon.
    Yes, pigs and deer but they tend to run in the opposite direction. I don't think they are sending choppers up. The bush is very thick. I couldn't see them walking further on to Otaki Gorge without telling someone. They would have to organise a ride back to their vehicle from the Gorge for starters unless they choose to walk it back

It's 5.18am here, another hour or so and the search can resume

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Car of women missing in North Island found in Kapitia

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/794663...l-north-island
    What do you make of the broken window?I thought maybe they locked themselves out or lost the keys.I wondered about it being the back window and think it was to not get glass in the front seats.IDK,if someone was to break in the car to steal would they not break the front window?
    Last edited by cuffem; 04-29-2016 at 08:27 PM.

FOUND SAFE!!

Mum and daughter have just been found. Not much new info at the moment though

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7946...l-north-island

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    What do you make of the broken window?I thought maybe they locked themselves out or lost the keys.I wondered about it being the back window and think it was to not get glass in the front seats.IDK,if someone was to break in the car to steal would they not break the front window?
    I never thought of the keys being locked in. If it was my car, I'd break the small back window though...cheaper to replace, but first I'd look for fencing wire to try break in myself or visit the neighbours to help. Cars being broken into around here is happening quite a bit lately. Just teenagers after cash and anything sellable so highly possible it was due to theft

North Carolina mother and daughter miraculously saved four frigid nights after getting lost on hike in New Zealand

"A heroic North Carolina mother and her daughter were rescued by a helicopter crew after getting lost on a hike and spending four frigid nights in the New Zealand wilderness."

"Carolyn Lloyd, 45, and her daughter, Rachel, 22, of Charlotte, N.C., were miraculously spotted in the Tararua Forest with the assistance of a “HELP” sign they constructed out of brush, rocks and logs, the New Zealand Herald reported."

“They were physically and mentally very tired so it's fair to say they were pretty pleased to see us," Jason Diedrichs, the helicopter pilot who spotted the two women waving their arms near their homemade sign, told the New Zealand Herald."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2619996

So glad they were rescued and are safe now.

This article is pretty good on detailing a daily diary of their harrowing experience while they were missing.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...O2m?li=BBnbfcL

Wow, what a frightening experience for those two.....so glad they are alright.

Thanks for posting it watcher.