891 users online (131 members and 760 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO - Julie Tureson, 33, shot & found in storage unit, Colorado Springs, 22 April 2016

Colorado police are seeking Bay Area residents who might have had interactions with a San Francisco man on the dating app Tinder, after he was arrested for allegedly killing his ex-girlfriend and stashing her body in a storage unit.

The body of 33-year-old Colorado Springs woman Julie Tureson was discovered Friday in a storage unit belonging to 38-year-old San Francisco resident James Woo, NBC Bay Area reports, just hours after she was reported missing.

(...)

That search ended later Friday, when investigators tracked Woo to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. He was detained by Homeland Security as he waited for a flight to Hong Kong, the Denver Post reports, in an apparent attempt to flee the country. He has since been booked on suspicion of first-degree murder.

http://sfist.com/2016/04/26/san_fran...iast_arr_1.php
    Attached Images Attached Images

Detectives spent nine hours Wednesday searching the Colorado Springs landfill for crucial evidence in the murder of 33-year-old Julie Tureson.

(...)

Authorities would not say what they’re looking for or whether a weapon has been recovered.

http://www.kvor.com/2016/04/28/detec...ureson-murder/

Sorry for the late notice (or after-the-fact maybe), but this case is being discussed on Nancy Grace's show tonight if anyone is interested

A man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and leaving her body in an El Paso County storage unit revealed his dark side in emails, court papers show.

"My mind gets so dark and I get so obsessed I start planning crazy things in detail that I fully intend to carry out," James Woo, 38, wrote in one missive, according to court documents.

(...)

Court documents paint Woo as a possessive, controlling and volatile boyfriend who planted cameras in Tureson's home, placed a GPS tracker on her phone and pretended to be Tureson in emails to her neighbor detailing "rules" on "spending time" with her. (...)

Court documents quote an email Woo allegedly sent to someone who gave his wife a "sexual hug."

"I will go bat (expletive) crazy if anyone tries to threaten our relationship in any way ... I know I look like a harmless quiet passive dude but my brain isn't wired normal and I've struggled with my own demons all my life," Woo wrote, according to court papers.

"I know my crazy scale goes from a 2 to 1000 immediately when the switch flips and there's nothing in between," he continued (...)
    http://gazette.com/court-papers-port...rticle/1576765