The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

Jules said:
That is nuts! I couldn't imagine!
I just don't know how it is physically possible to give them all the time and attention they need. I come from a family of 8 kids and it was pretty tough..can't imagine another 8 on top of that!
How can they actually hold and sit with each one for special one on one time? don't get it.

I bet everything is done in some "routine"....nothing can be spur of the moment, you know? And I feel for the older kids as you know they take on some of the responsibility of caring for the younger ones.

I had to laugh...I was thinking that Mr. Duggar can probably just walk by his wife and she gets pregnant. Wonder if they know there's a cure for that?

I went to highschool with a girl that came from a family of 21 kids. I felt sorry for her because she was always helping out with the younger ones. It was almost like she was their mother also.

I just don't know how it is physically possible to give them all the time and attention they need.

I don't understand this either. I'm struggling with just having one more child. I'm worried about taking that attention away from my daughter. I don't see how people do it with so many children.

NewMom2003 said:
I went to highschool with a girl that came from a family of 21 kids. I felt sorry for her because she was always helping out with the younger ones. It was almost like she was their mother also.

I don't understand this either. I'm struggling with just having one more child. I'm worried about taking that attention away from my daughter. I don't see how people do it with so many children.
I don't think that these chiildren will be struggling like your friend from high school. I believe that this family will be like most others, except larger. The parents aren't poor, they can afford help. This type of family life can work nicely. It is not for everyone but, maybe it is for them.

JBean said:
I just don't know how it is physically possible to give them all the time and attention they need. I come from a family of 8 kids and it was pretty tough..can't imagine another 8 on top of that!
How can they actually hold and sit with each one for special one on one time? don't get it.

Jelly, I agree and thought the same thing. Some of my most cherrished memories are of sharing individual time with my kids at different stages in their lives. I don't imagine that can be done within such a large family.

Les, too funny! They probably just look at each other and she gets pregnant. :crazy:

Thats a lot of diapers & breastfeeding! Good luck putting them all thorought college :eek:

I saw this train wreck of a show on Discovery Health last year and I was stunned. I could not turn my head away. All the girls are dressed alike, mostly plaid dresses hanging down to their knees, sometimes matching Michelle's. And they play outside in these things. The boys were dressed a little better, from what I remember. They supposedly have no TV, no internet access, and are home-schooled. And they all play the violin. Always well-behaved. Kinda like stepford kids. Very weird. The father is a senator or something in Arkansas. There is a hilarious website called Television Without Pity that has forums on any kind of TV show you can imagine. They have a huge thread that started last year on these people. The name of the show was 14 Kids and Pregnant Again. It is hysterically funny. I highly recommend reading there.

Edited to add if anyone wants to find the thread, it is under Candid Reality Shows and it has so much activity it is usually right on the front page.

Lesleegp said:
I was thinking that Mr. Duggar can probably just walk by his wife and she gets pregnant. Wonder if they know there's a cure for that?

That's what happened to me~! I had to have a tubiligation! (did I spell that right?)

I once dated a guy who was 13th out of 26 kids. His mom had 13 with his father, then married her daughter's ex husband and had 13 more. :eek:

What I'd like to know is what happens when Mrs. Dugger sneezes or laughs while having a full bladder? 16 babies later, I shudder to think.....:eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

indigomood said:
is that like a tubal ligation??? LOL :blowkiss:

I kept looking at Jeana's spelling too thinking it didn't look right!

:D :D :D

sandraladeda said:
What I'd like to know is what happens when Mrs. Dugger sneezes or laughs while having a full bladder? 16 babies later, I shudder to think.....:eek:

bahahahahahahaha! No kidding! My sister-in-law has those problems after having 2 kids.

The good news is Mrs. Dugger has no labors - they just fall out on their own. :p

Im gonna keep it on the light side~ Maybe the guy is building up his own batch of future voters to get him/keep him in office.

Mabel said:
I once dated a guy who was 13th out of 26 kids. His mom had 13 with his father, then married her daughter's ex husband and had 13 more. :eek:
How Lovely. Were there any children of the daughter and the ex-son-in-law turned spouse?

These people are mentally ill is all I can say.

There is no feasable way to properly raise this many children and give them each the attention they deserve.

Its disgusting and if they truly loved children they would focus on the ones they abundantly created and making them productive adults not focus on making more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back