Disaster averted when five-year-old takes the wheel

Anngelique

Reaction score
http://www.katu.com/stories/80320.html

Five-year-old Travis Kirk knew just what to do when his aunt's car slipped out of gear and began rolling away while he was strapped in the back seat.

He unstrapped himself, jumped in the front seat, grabbed the wheel and steered the errant auto around a boat on a trailer, and then hit the brakes, stopping the car just before it would have rolled down a steep embankment.

Police say Travis successfully steered the car around a boat and trailer parked nearby.

Anngelique said:
http://www.katu.com/stories/80320.html

Five-year-old Travis Kirk knew just what to do when his aunt's car slipped out of gear and began rolling away while he was strapped in the back seat.

He unstrapped himself, jumped in the front seat, grabbed the wheel and steered the errant auto around a boat on a trailer, and then hit the brakes, stopping the car just before it would have rolled down a steep embankment.

Police say Travis successfully steered the car around a boat and trailer parked nearby.

Good for him! He's a smart little kid.

You don't leave a child in a running vehicle!!!!

What the heck is wrong with this women?

Amraann said:
You don't leave a child in a running vehicle!!!!

What the heck is wrong with this women?

You know my husband made a very good point. By the time a child could get out of his car seat/seat belt, crawled up front, than there would not be enough time to react and get the car stopped. He believes that CHILD put the car into gear and the whole incident is because the mother left a child in a running car, he got curious, wanted to drive and caused the whole thing. What do you think?

I agree anngel. My first thought when reading this was how did the car go out of gear on it' s own? :waitasec: Most likely the boy was a little too smart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back