CANADA Canada - Jami Furnandiz, 18, Port Perry, Ont, 15 Oct 1997

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1982dfon.html

Jami Charlene Furnandiz
furnandiz_jami1.jpg furnandiz_jami.jpg Progressed to age 23 years JCFurnandiz2.jpg
Missing Since: October 15, 1997 from Port Perry, Ontario
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: April 28, 1979
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn (natural color is dark blonde)
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoos: on her left shoulder
a heart with an arrow, on her right ankle her son's name Stefan,
and on her left ankle of a black spider.
Clothing: Black colored jean jacket, blue jeans, and
black "Doc Marten" shoes.

Jami is referenced in this article which discusses the recent identification of two long time missing and unidentified Does.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/30/nameless-but-to-cops-and-god
Nameless but to cops and God
April 30, 2016

A .38 calibre bullet had ripped into her forehead above the right eye. And for good measure, the cold-blooded killer fired another slug into her back.

It was November 10, 1979.

And for more than 35 years, the pretty teen whose dreams ended in that field was known simply as “Caledonia Jane.”

I thought of her this week when it was announced that former Montrealer Reet Jurvetson was finally given back her name after nearly 50 years in a pauper’s grave in southern California.

The 19-year-old Montrealer had taken off — like many during the late 1960s — seeking the sunshine kissed bliss of the Golden State. And like many before, she became a casualty of the times — and possibly Charles Manson’s twisted family.

Caledonia Jane bore at least one of the tragic hallmarks that the pretty, 19-year-old Montrealer and hundreds of other nameless men, women and children all share: the surname Doe.

snip

MISSING

NAME: JAMI CHARLENE FURNANDIZ

CIRCUMSTANCES: At 8:30 a.m., on Oct. 15, 1997 Jami Charlene Furnandiz dropped off her son at daycare in Port Perry — and vanished. The disappearance has mystified cops from Day 1.

Have since read Jami dropped her son aged 2 off at daycare in Port PERRY and hitchhiked to Oshawa where she spent the day with friends at a rooming house on colborne street (spelling?). She left their company at 3.30pm with plans to hitchhike back to port and never arrived. The idea that she wasn’t seen after dropping her son off in the morning is misleading given this additional information regarding her meeting friends in Oshawa that day. The rooming house in question was near a residence occupied by AS.

DURHAM — Even now, almost 23 years later, Connie Maciag is haunted daily by questions: What happened? Where did she go? How could it have happened?

Why, after all this time, are there still no answers?

On the morning of Oct. 18, 1997, Maciag’s then 18-year-old daughter, Jami Charlene Furnandiz, woke up in the Port Perry apartment she shared with her 18-month-old son Stefan. She prepared the child for the day and, at around 8:30 a.m., dropped him off at the Stonemoor Day Care centre in town.

And that is the last confirmed sighting of the teen. She did not show up that Wednesday for classes at Port Perry High School. She has remained missing, seemingly without a trace, ever since.

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Young Scugog mom disappeared without a trace in 1997

DURHAM — Even now, almost 23 years later, Connie Maciag is haunted daily by questions: What happened? Where did she go? How could it have happened?

Why, after all this time, are there still no answers?

On the morning of Oct. 18, 1997, Maciag’s then 18-year-old daughter, Jami Charlene Furnandiz, woke up in the Port Perry apartment she shared with her 18-month-old son Stefan. She prepared the child for the day and, at around 8:30 a.m., dropped him off at the Stonemoor Day Care centre in town.

And that is the last confirmed sighting of the teen. She did not show up that Wednesday for classes at Port Perry High School. She has remained missing, seemingly without a trace, ever since.

ONTARIO COLD CASE: Young Scugog mom disappeared without a trace in 1997

I wanna know who the friends were that she saw, and what they had to say about her in general, and about her having vanished.

I had a thread going and some kind people led me here. Although mostly debunked before reading other threads and articles, I thought Jami and a case of an unidentified woman matched quite well. Both had rings with red stones as well as black banded watches. Also not to far of a distance, quite local to where she would frequent. I'll leave the link to the thread as well as some webpages here.

I had a thread going and some kind people led me here. Although mostly debunked before reading other threads and articles, I thought Jami and a case of an unidentified woman matched quite well. Both had rings with red stones as well as black banded watches. Also not to far of a distance, quite local to where she would frequent. I'll leave the link to the thread as well as some webpages here.

Emailed local police about it. Will update if anything comes out of the case! Hopes and prayers for the family <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back