TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

EVERYONE, PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ELSE

Dear Websleuths Members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

FOR OUR NEW MEMBERS: WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the Internet. If you are used to forums like Topix then you are going to find out quickly Websleuths is not Topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from Facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at Websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bever. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public Facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*If you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on Websleuths for the world to see. No Sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the Internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*Yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy’s husband personally.

*Yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the Twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

I am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what I taught her to do. I want to publically thank Sparky for her hard work and dedication.

OK Newbies and Old Time Websleuths Members, go forth and DISCUSS!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
PS. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as I write.

I'm not sure how to bring over posts from the previous thread but the last one was at the exact moment it closed. Hopefully the OP can bring it or copy & paste so we can all see it.

LE would find a recently dug hole and wonder why someone buried ash's in it. I guess you could burn the clothes, but them in a black garbage bag and then throw it all in a dumpster.

I still think that just putting the clothes in a dumpster works just fine. JMO

TeaTime had a really good, detailed post at the end of the last thread. I'd suggest TeaTime copy and bring that over here.

I'm not sure how to bring over posts from the previous thread but the last one was at the exact moment it closed. Hopefully the OP can bring it or copy & paste so we can all see it.

If you click the post you want at the top right hand corner of the post itself where it shows the # , it will load that post to the top of the page and you bring that link over from the top. It will be as if the post you want to highlight is seen first. I don't know how it works. It's magic :) But it does !

• RB and wife were in CA on the afternoon of the day before the murder and there is a FB photo depicting them on a golf course with a 3rd person. I suppose someone could post an old photo from a previous trip but even a goof ball would know that it wouldn't stand up as proof of anything anyway. They travel a lot with their new 5th wheeler and I think they may live in it at a site near Austin based on photos and updates on FB. They have a nice, fun life and seem to be crazy for each other. It is quite sweet. It would be easy to establish their presence in CA and their date of departure from the campground as owners of CG keep such information in their records - even if the people are leaving the camper behind and traveling elsewhere. If in a state or federal park, rangers keep tabs on the sites. Point being, LE has already been able to establish the whereabouts of RB for all relevant times. While he walks a lot like the perp, he wasn't physically in the state at the time of the murder, so I think we can rule him out as being the perp we see on the videos. Sorry but the facts as we know them tell us we are barking up the wrong tree with him.

I have delivery and pick up service for dry cleaning/laundering every week. Yes, some of us use the dry cleaners - a lot. I have never, ever been able to get blood out of anything - ever - or tea for that matter but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try. Maybe Mrs. RB liked her shirt and wanted to save it, I see nothing odd there.

BB posted that he was about to leave on his trip to fish the Chandeleur Island area in the Gulf and anyone who read his public page would know of his plans. He posted the weather report and stated that he hoped it wouldn't interfere with his noon flight. He posted a photo of the Oyster House in Biloxi at 9:15pm the night before the murder. Logically, he stayed in a hotel that night and not on the fishing boat because if his charter worked like most you don't board until the morning of departure which is always early thirty.

I did a brief search of flights from Gulfport (airport for Biloxi area) )serviced by major airlines and most of the flights to Dallas (commercial airport closest to Midlothian) stop in Atlanta before heading west. Travel time is roughly 5-6 hours on average, some flights a bit less, some flights a bit more. The only morning flight he could have taken departs at 10:20am and takes 4 hours, 32 minutes as all the other morning flights would leave before he could get to the airport after being notified of the murder. Who knows if there were 2 seats remaining on that flight. We surely do not and unlike what someone posted earlier, airlines do not save seats for emergencies - in fact they will give your seat away even if you have checked in at the ticket counter. Been there, done that - on a out of the country flight no less.

The next flight out is not until 5:28pm. It makes sense that he would rent a car and drive home.

I think we must realistically rule out either BB or RB as the SWAT wannabe in the video. They were not physically in the state.

I am not convinced that anyone has solved the "Saran Wrap box" mystery yet as none of the suggestions are remotely similar to the item in the perp's left hand. I am also not convinced that the other tool we see is anything more than a curved claw hammer. There is no reason to invent exotic tool use here. Sometimes a hammer is just a hammer.

LE would find a recently dug hole and wonder why someone buried ash's in it. I guess you could burn the clothes, but them in a black garbage bag and then throw it all in a dumpster.

I still think that just putting the clothes in a dumpster works just fine. JMO

It's hard to say if there would be a good way to dispose of murder clothes. I guess some perps get away with it and some don't. At least we know the businesses in Midlothian seem to be on the alert for any possibly suspicious activity. That indicates to me that people are being observant and they trust their local LE, which is good for this case.

It's hard to say if there would be a good way to dispose of murder clothes. I guess some perps get away with it and some don't. At least we know the businesses in Midlothian seem to be on the alert for any possibly suspicious activity. That indicates to me that people are being observant and they trust their local LE, which is good for this case.

I agree.

My main point is the last thing that I would do with evidence tying me to a murder is to hand that evidence over to a complete stranger along with my name. JMO

I agree! I think the people of Midlothian are trying to be very helpful. They are scared and I feel for the community. :(

In regards to RB and shirtgate: I totally get his reasoning. I would NOT throw away any clothing with blood on it or even burn it if I were in his position. I would think that would look waaaaaay more suspicious than taking them to the dry cleaners.

MOO.

I agree! I think the people of Midlothian are trying to be very helpful. They are scared and I feel for the community. :(

In regards to RB and shirtgate: I totally get his reasoning. I would NOT throw away any clothing with blood on it or even burn it if I were in his position. I would think that would look waaaaaay more suspicious than taking them to the dry cleaners.

MOO.

According to him, there was no "reasoning" behind it. He said it didn't even cross his mind.

The perp arrived well before Missy got there. It baffles me why s/he would wander around the building causing damage and therefore making noise. If Missy was the target, why didn't the perp lie in wait and keep quiet?

What if Missy had walked in and spotted the perp before he saw her? I'm sure Missy would have turned and run out of the church. Sadly, this didn't happen.

According to him, there was no "reasoning" behind it. He said it didn't even cross his mind.

Well yeah.....I mean, it's not like he's got a whole lot of experience with being involved in a murder investigation. ;)

I get that we all disagree about shirtgate but IMO, people would be fussing about him hiding the shirts too. He can't win in this scenario.

Had he been a member here, he probably would have realized that it would look suspicious and called LE to pick up the shirt. But I believe he didn't even think about it because it was his dog's blood.

MOO.

• . . .

BB posted that he was about to leave on his trip to fish the Chandeleur Island area in the Gulf and anyone who read his public page would know of his plans. He posted the weather report and stated that he hoped it wouldn't interfere with his noon flight. He posted a photo of the Oyster House in Biloxi at 9:15pm the night before the murder. Logically, he stayed in a hotel that night and not on the fishing boat because if his charter worked like most you don't board until the morning of departure which is always early thirty.

. . .​
SBM BBM. I was able to completely re-create this post on FB. I grabbed his picture and was able to post it was from Biloxi Mississippi. I did this from California. Same picture, same text, same links. Not that he wasn't in MS, but the post really proves nothing. If he had actually used the "check in" feature on FB, it would have posted his actual location. He did it another way that allows you to link to literally any place on earth that has a FB page.

I think the person killed her out of jealousy. I still think it is a woman.

Is it possible the police released the search warrant for the shirts to make the killer feel more at ease as the focus would turn away from them to the family instead? hoping to put the killer at ease and thus make a mistake and tell someone or something like that?

SBM BBM. I was able to completely recreate this post on FB. I grabbed his picture and was able to post it was from Biloxi Mississippi. I did this from California. Same picture, same text, same links. Not that he wasn't in MS, but the post really proves nothing. If he had actually used the "check in" feature on FB, it would have posted his actual location. He did it another way that allows you to link to literally any place on earth that has a FB page.
What about the date and time of posting? Can that be manipulated?

SBM BBM. I was able to completely re-create this post on FB. I grabbed his picture and was able to post it was from Biloxi Mississippi. I did this from California. Same picture, same text, same links. Not that he wasn't in MS, but the post really proves nothing. If he had actually used the "check in" feature on FB, it would have posted his actual location. He did it another way that allows you to link to literally any place on earth that has a FB page.

If one believes that posts such as these were created deceptively, one also has to believe all people pictured and/or tagged in the photo would be going along with it, and in this case, and I really just do not see that many people willing to be in on a murder plot.

Does anyone have a link the FULL <modsnip> interview? I am not finding it. I'm a new slueth, so I haven't learned yet that you have to screen shot and url's.

Yes, but there are so many ways for the police to corroborate his story, other than the fb "check-in." Witnesses, airlines, car rental (which usually have GPS tracking ability), cell phone, credit card receipts, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail