PA - Raquel Carter, 16, found murdered, Homewood, 29 April 2001

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Wilkinsburg man who urinated on a teenage girl after plunging a knife into her throat was convicted Tuesday of first-degree murder.

Justin Craig, 32, faces a mandatory life term in prison for the April 2001 slaying of Raquel Carter, 16, of East Hills. Carter -- a junior at Taylor Allderdice High School -- was found in a wooded area of Homewood, a broken knife blade still protruding from her neck.

Pittsburgh police arrested Craig last year after a DNA test linked him to a urine stain on Carter's pants. Craig had pleaded guilty in 1999 to a charge of indecent assault in connection with an attack on a woman in Wilkinsburg.

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_383280.html#axzz3kPfn4bJil

No motive is necessary with these pervs. This was a classic case of escalation....starts off as indecent exposure, assault, burglary,peeping and then goes on if they are not stopped. We see so much of this, can you even imagine how detectives feel?

What the heck was wrong with the other jury?

"Another jury in July convicted Craig of an abuse of a corpse charge but deadlocked on the murder charge, forcing last week's new trial. Defense attorney Christopher Patarini argued during both trials that the urine stain was not enough to prove his client had actually killed Carter. "

Someone else stuck a knife in her throat, he just stumbled upon her body and decided to take a leak on her. Come on people!

2 years for abusing a corpse? Is that it? I gotta say, if you abuse a corpse, surely that is grounds for some serious psych evaluation?? Good Lord!

Brefie said:
2 years for abusing a corpse? Is that it? I gotta say, if you abuse a corpse, surely that is grounds for some serious psych evaluation?? Good Lord!

Brefie, I fight this battle daily. I am sick of seeing the signs and everyone is sidestepping. psych evaluations are kept between client and the diagnostician unless LE serves a warrent. In most cases they don't. Too afraid of being sued as the privileges for the perp far outweigh society. It is a revolving door.

CP - that's just crazy. IMO, someone who abuses a corpse is a lot sicker than some murderers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back