774 users online (96 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Police Want Help To Find Parents Of Preschooler Hurt In Car Crash

Police Want Help To Find Parents Of Preschooler Hurt In Car Crash

Sealy police need your help reuniting a little girl with her family after a car crash. Investigators say a man driving eastbound on I-10 at about 8:30am Saturday when he crashed. He had a little girl, age three or four, with him. The girl had a broken arm and was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where she is recovering.

http://abc13.com/family/police-want-...rents/1318805/

To clarify (because I didn't get what was the concern with this little girl)
    The driver of the car, Tidurcio Martin, was arrested. Martin, 30, faces a list of charges, including smuggling of persons and reckless driving.

The little girl was not with her parents and investigators are working to track them down. Little is known about her, but her name is believed to be Adriana.

They say he was in the process of smuggling Adriana to Houston when the accident occurred. Police say Rivera ran away from the scene of the crash, was picked up a short time later and brought back to the crash site so police could question him.

“He stated he doesn't know who the girl is. He was paid $200 to transport her from San Antonio to Houston to a Fiesta store off (I)45 somewhere near Spring or the Aldine area,” Detective Jason Manies said.

Adriana’s injuries were so bad, she had to be taken by LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann hospital. Police say she had a skull fracture and severe lacerations on her arm.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/ma...n-car-accident

Why would he smuggling her from one place to another in the same state?! Seems odd! Aren't people normally smuggled from Mexico? (I'm from UK so I might just not have a clue!)

Could she be a child that has been missing for a while? Maybe?

Hope we can get a clearer photo of her when she is feeling a bit better. Also hope her injuries are not too severe, skull fracture doesn't sound good!

Quote Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
    Why would he smuggling her from one place to another in the same state?! Seems odd! Aren't people normally smuggled from Mexico? (I'm from UK so I might just not have a clue!)

Could she be a child that has been missing for a while? Maybe?

Hope we can get a clearer photo of her when she is feeling a bit better. Also hope her injuries are not too severe, skull fracture doesn't sound good!
    It's possible that she was transported across the US/Mexico border by one "coyote" (people smuggler) and then handed off to another in TX to move her along the way to her final destination.

Poor baby... I hope her parents are not too afraid to claim her. :-(

Something is off with this story. I have never seen coyotes smuggling little children by themselves. There is always a parent/sibling/aunt/uncle with a child that young. I don't believe that driver's story.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I don't know that I believe that man either. But I have no experience or knowledge to back up why!
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

“If her parents were in Mexico, we're not sure where the child was going. Even if he took her to the Fiesta, who was he dropping the child off with? We just don't know,” Manies said.

That's one of the many questions I would have as well. At 4yrs old, someone would need to raise her. So who was suppose to take possession of the child? And for just $200, the driver took her from one place and was to deliver her to another? She must not be his kin, or someone would have came forth by now. I know we have lots of Mexican immigrants but are things bad enough that someone would send their 4 yr old daughter here without adults to protect and raise her? If her parents are here illegally, that still wouldn't answer why this man was taking her from one place to another!!

How terrifying for this child! To be with unknown men, and then in a hospital, where sick kids typically want their parents, and yet she's with strangers.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    “If her parents were in Mexico, we're not sure where the child was going. Even if he took her to the Fiesta, who was he dropping the child off with? We just don't know,” Manies said.

That's one of the many questions I would have as well. At 4yrs old, someone would need to raise her. So who was suppose to take possession of the child? And for just $200, the driver took her from one place and was to deliver her to another? She must not be his kin, or someone would have came forth by now. I know we have lots of Mexican immigrants but are things bad enough that someone would send their 4 yr old daughter here without adults to protect and raise her? If her parents are here illegally, that still wouldn't answer why this man was taking her from one place to another!!

How terrifying for this child! To be with unknown men, and then in a hospital, where sick kids typically want their parents, and yet she's with strangers.
    Summer 2014 saw thousands of children sent from Central American countries to the US border without adult supervision. And it was going on before 2014 & still today.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...rder-kids.html
    Last edited by wendybtn; 05-03-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

i wonder if this is related?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ibly-Kidnapped

the father could have paid someone to take her to a friend or relatives house.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I sure hope they find this little baby's family. I fear what in the world she was in the vehicle with this guy for? Probably not any good, that is for sure. I hate that she is injured, but this car accident may have saved her from something even worse. If no parent steps up I hope they put her up for adoption so someone can take her in and love her.

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/

A man has called authorities stating he is her father. LE continues to investigate.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://abc13.com/news/cps-dad-comes-...-girl/1320326/

Briana was smuggled into the U.S. from Ecuador, according to the Ecuadorian Consulate. Police say illegal immigrant Tidurcio Martin was transporting her from San Antonio to Spring, TX for the supposed unnamed father of Minneapolis at a cost of $200, so she could meet with family members at a grocery store. The mother has still not been identified.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 05-12-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Repaired broken link

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    http://abc13.com/news/cps-dad-comes-forward-in-case-of-unknown-girl/1320326/

Briana was smuggled into the U.S. from Ecuador, according to the Ecuadorian Consulate. Police say illegal immigrant Tidurcio Martin was transporting her from San Antonio to Spring, TX for the supposed unnamed father of Minneapolis at a cost of $200, so she could meet with family members at a grocery store. The mother has still not been identified.
    Like I thought. .. this accident happened on one of several legs of the journey. Best wishes to her, she is a victim of many unfortunate circumstances.

Well this is looking MUCH better than it did at the beginning of the story.

Immigrants being "illegal" is a relatively new thing in US history - most were legal or had a clear path to legality in past generations. That's how America was built - on the backs of immigrants who would work hard for little money, and establish themselves for future generations of their offspring.

This current group of immigrants - from Mexico and South America - don't have that advantage of being able to come in and be processed for physical and mental health and be allowed in.

Okay, enough soap box I guess - but what I'm saying is, illegal immigrant families usually love their children and want the very best for them, and if this latest story is true, she has loving parents who want her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast