TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-gear-18-April-2016-4&p=12495072#post12495072Thread #6
Thread #7

EVERYONE, PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ELSE

Dear Websleuths Members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

FOR OUR NEW MEMBERS: WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the Internet. If you are used to forums like Topix then you are going to find out quickly Websleuths is not Topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from Facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at Websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bever. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public Facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*If you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on Websleuths for the world to see. No Sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the Internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*Yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy’s husband personally.

*Yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the Twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

I am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what I taught her to do. I want to publically thank Sparky for her hard work and dedication.

OK Newbies and Old Time Websleuths Members, go forth and DISCUSS!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
PS. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as I write.

LE is in custody and control of the warrants even after they are signed by the Judge. LE can release them or a Judge can order LE to release them after a hearing on the merits if LE objects to a FOIA by media or others.

Murray - are you thinking there is a rich person who owns, or chartered, a private plane to fly in, kill Missy, and fly out again?

Just lookin at all possibilities. Easier if tower empty at night. Smaller airports usually not staffed at night. I don't know about cameras? I am sure FBI checked out.

Murray - are you thinking there is a rich person who owns, or chartered, a private plane to fly in, kill Missy, and fly out again?

Murray never said or indicated these sentiments lol.

Not sure what I can add. In my opinion this was someone outside the family. It scares the heck out of me ...I have made some changes in my own life because of this. I don't do the boot camp thing but I do meet people sometimes where I'd be alone......

From post # 1035 by YouWho in the previous thread:
Did anyone here really think it was a woman BEFORE someone said 'it could be a woman''?

I did. I first saw the video on a private FB group and watched it. My first thought was "that looks like a pregnant woman". I actually have changed my mind now, however, and think it is a male.

IMO 2 positive things can come out of this awful tragedy. For people to recommit to getting in better shape and for people to always be aware of their surroundings. We live in an ever fattening and evil world. IMO MB was combating both every day. Everyone please think of any tiny detail that might crack this case and pass it on.

From last thread (I didnt make it in time lol )

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
At 358am it is. We dont know what the doors look like when MB entered in at 418 or 420. (418 mention by Captain Spann in April 18 press conf)

Razz Yesterday, 10:16 PM#1012 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7&p=12519170#post12519170

Ok. So at some time the perp went around back and broke the glass doors there. I recall someone saying it may have been a trial run to see if an alarm sounded. So after that, they went to the side single door (side opposite where Missy entered) and entered there? The pretty tile would have stretched all along the true front of the building from side door (North) to Missy's
entry on the South. Does this sound correct?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yes the pretty tile went from one side to the other (thank you for the directions) North to the South and in the Main Front Entrance/Lobby area. Only place I have seen the tile with a design.
This is from the Kitchen side of building NORTH as you have given us looking towards SOUTH Missy entrance. terri missy bevers creekside church inside 2.jpg

So the Suspect seen at 358 was walking from NORTH TO SOUTH towards Missy Door entrance. .. Missy was seen on video Per Chief Smith and Captain Spann walking into the building Captain Spann time was 418am he said iirc (not the 420 given by media)
Captain Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Bringing over from Thread 7
Yesterday, 11:12 PM#1045 gliving http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7&p=12519282#post12519282
Just the facts, ma'am
arkansasmimi, where is this door on your awesome map? It's the one I saw the folks enter using either a touch pad or a name badge scan. An area used for persons needing access to the church building like Missy or UPS, Fedex, folks who need access after hours. Other areas of the church are still locked by key for safety. The church can give select persons entry to a small area, but the rest of the church is secure. Creekside guest parking HT Gliving.JPG

Unsure, Do you have a link for your ss. I had ss this one days ago from Chruch FB when trying to figure out some of lay out. I AM gonna guess JMHO, it somewhere on the Front (North) (Kitchen Broke door side) FRONT Corner... My reasoning is that where I see side walk and so forth and haven't seen it anywhere else like that.
terri missy bevers creekside church inside 6.JPG Terri Missy Bevers back of church .jpg

This is the Kitchen Door (where Suspect entered through metal kitchen door) side that has the side entrance (opposite side building from where MB entered) missy bevers creekside church propane take side exits.JPG JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not seeing the second set of doors for the side entrance.

Razz
Could the murder have occurred in the foyer between where Missy entered and before the double doors leading to the inside? I don't see how he could have gotten her into the dutch door room w/out it being on video. On the perp's escape, could he/she have taken a right out of the foyer and down that hall with the Dutch doors and out the double doors in the back? Or could he/she have high tailed it out the door Missy originally came in?
That would explain how the campers found Missy right away. She was essentially in the foyer between the port coharch (sp) entry and entry into the main hallway. And would explain why we didn't see the perp's escape.
Does this make sense? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7&p=12519293#post12519293
Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Respectfully BBM. My guess going by what Chief Smith &Captain Spann said: Where ever she was was broken glass. That one part of video where Suspect comes out of *Room 12* as people say it looks like... I see glass breaking. JMHO that is when or maybe where area is. And again, what WE are calling Main Hallway *I got my calling from the Church calling it* LEO may be calling another hallway to either side of the door MB came in through. :thinking:

Chief Carl Smith:
"When officers arrived "medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female They started a search of the building, to make sure there were no other individuals in the facility , DURING THE SEARCH the officers found evidence force entry into the building indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and no body was found. After that the victim was pronounced deceased by the Ellis County Justice of the Peace"

When asked what the Suspect was doing Chief Smith said on the videos of Suspect (calls him) walking thru the building all - they really see is him walking thru, not what he is doing "to my knowledge" < quote of Chief Smith

Captain Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."

Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Captain Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Captain Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Two things while I'm up with insomnia tonight:

Does camera footage ever have audio?

Did killer take photo of the "deed" completed?

These two questions, if in the positive, may be why LE believes that Missy was specifically targeted.

Two things while I'm up with insomnia tonight:

Does camera footage ever have audio?

Did killer take photo of the "deed" completed?

These two questions, if in the positive, may be why LE believes that Missy was specifically targeted.

I don't believe the surveillance cameras had audio - or else LE hasn't let that be known yet.

No idea about the photo - not really any way to know if one was taken unless it gets out somehow, since the attack happened off camera.

I'm a night shift worker, so I'm popping in when I have a bit of downtime :seeya:

OH My is something on the floor here? Glass maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&feature=youtu.be And there is a Wall on the very corner of camera view... LOOK near the MPD Patches/Logo Creekside Suspect in hall room 2.JPG

Trying to be openminded now thinking the Captain may have called the side halls Main? So back to my question of this
IS there a hallway to the right of the doors MB came through? a short one? Missy Bevers Murder suspect at door on video.JPG

There seems to be an indention prior to the 2 doors/bulletin board from this view.
creekside main hallway enlarged.jpg

OH My is something on the floor here? Glass maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&feature=youtu.be And there is a Wall on the very corner of camera view... LOOK near the MPD Patches/Logo View attachment 93653

Trying to be openminded now thinking the Captain may have called the side halls Main? So back to my question of this
IS there a hallway to the right of the doors MB came through? a short one? View attachment 93654

There seems to be an indention prior to the 2 doors/bulletin board from this view.
View attachment 93655

This is unnerving to watch/look at this time of the morning even here on the thread.
Whoever killed her needs to be found quickly.

Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Captain Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Captain Spann :again - we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

*** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, :thinking:going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?

There are hallways all the way around the Sanctuary/Auditorium. There are windows seen on front of church, those have to be rooms and there has to be a way to get to them. My vision creekside church layout.jpg JMHO

I hope Missy got a few good whacks at this creeper that took her life. I hope she fought back! I get more and more mad the longer times goes by. can't wait for the trial and hope this is a death penalty case...

Another little clue of the splicing of the MPD released video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&feature=youtu.be

If you watch the video at the part were Suspect comes out of what some say is room "12" Notice how the camera view of the Suspect is.. Creekside Suspect out of door 12 pic 1.JPG

THEN after the door closes... prior to Suspect smashing whatever it is He/She is smashing (to me looks like glass) BUT the video ZOOMS up on the Suspect making Suspect larger

Creekside Suspect out of door 12 pic 2 camera zooms .JPG We can't see what the Suspect is hitting and breaking.... BUT JMHO Camera shows and LEO knows area. . ***remember too the only reason they released any of these parts... is for help in Identifying the Suspect. .... This makes me think even more that that is possible the glass spoken of by Chief Smith:

"When officers arrived "medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female They started a search of the building, to make sure there were no other individuals in the facility , DURING THE SEARCH the officers found evidence force entry into the building indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and no body was found. After that the victim was pronounced deceased by the Ellis County Justice of the Peace" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

OH My is something on the floor here? Glass maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&feature=youtu.be And there is a Wall on the very corner of camera view... LOOK near the MPD Patches/Logo View attachment 93653

IS there a hallway to the right of the doors MB came through? a short one? View attachment 93654

View attachment 93655

The very last area you asked about looks like a bench behind a pillar, sort of an alcove I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine