GUILTY NM - Ashlynne Mike, 11, San Juan County, 2 May 2016

hollye

Reaction score
Amber Alert issued for 11-year-old reportedly abducted in San Juan County

863f0c1d1fc671417452a8efb6533cea.jpg

“Ashlynn Mike is described as an 11-year-old Native American female, approximately four feet eight inches tall, weighing 80 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair,” according to a press release sent by New Mexico State Police.

Mike was reportedly abducted by an unknown Native American male who was last seen in a maroon van near mile marker 13 on Navajo Route 36 around 4 p.m. Monday, according to the release.

http://www.abqjournal.com/767237/ab...ar-old-girl-last-seen-in-san-juan-county.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying or Ashlynn!!

One of my good friends is Navajo and her daughter is 11-years-old. I'll be sending this to her so she can send it to her family.

"KRQE News 13 has been in contact with some of the family members via Facebook who say that Ashlynn and her brother were abducted by the man, but he dropped off the boy and kept the girl. They say the boy was taken to Shiprock Police. However, that information has not been confirmed by authorities.

The family also says there was an organized search around Shiprock Pinnacle Peak that will resume Tuesday at 8 a.m."

"KRQE News 13 has been in contact with some of the family members via Facebook who say that Ashlynn and her brother were abducted by the man, but he dropped off the boy and kept the girl. They say the boy was taken to Shiprock Police. However, that information has not been confirmed by authorities.

The family also says there was an organized search around Shiprock Pinnacle Peak that will resume Tuesday at 8 a.m."

Oh man... that doesn't sound good. I'm hoping this is a parental abduction, but seeing as he let the boy go? Maybe the boy isn't his... but why would he let him go if he can easily identify who took his sister?

Praying super hard right now.

oh no. Let's hope the brother has some good info to get LE on the right track. :please:

Such a strange case.
Wasn't there a previous case like this?
There's only one reason this per kept the girl. I hope I'm wrong.
Where are you Ashlynne?

I'm a little confused by the wording in the article. The boy was dropped off at the Shiprock police station? Or someone ELSE discovered him, and took him there?

If the perp dropped him off at the police station, that puts a COMPLETELY different spin on all this, and makes it appear it's a family abduction/custody dispute.

I am a little more hopeful since he released the boy, alive. If he planned to kill the girl, would he have allowed her brother to return safely?

If the perp dropped him off at the police station, that puts a COMPLETELY different spin on all this, and makes it appear it's a family abduction/custody dispute.

I'm also unsure about what transpired. Not only can reporting leave much to be desired, but the fact that the news station obtained their information from the family through Facebook makes it all the more confusing.

That said, after reading through that article a few times, it sounds to me like the boy was dropped off by the abductor himself. I could easily be mistaken though!

It seems the location has completely changed since this story was first reported. It seems this case is being handled primarily by tribal laws, and their CPS is completely separate from the US CPS system, falling under the ICWA and so it seems some of the information may be getting lost in translation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back