1091 users online (259 members and 832 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Bobbi Jo Herndon, Whiteville, May 2016

Whiteville police look for missing woman

Herndon allegedly is being lured to the area by an inmate claiming to be country music singer Dierks Bentley, police said.

https://www.facebook.com/bobbijo.herndon.3

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...medium=twitter

Herndon is five feet six inches to five feet eight inches tall and weighs around 300 pounds. She is described as having blue eyes and no teeth.

Herndonís family says she has mental health issues with bipolar depression and is mildly mentally challenged.
    http://www.wbbjtv.com/2016/05/03/whi...missing-woman/

This is just so sad. Prayers she is found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

That's so awful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

I hope she is found before someone takes advantage of her or hurts her.
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

I don't know what to say, except how can people be so cruel? I know we see it in nearly every thread on here, but sometimes it just reaches out and punches you in the gut.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Bobbi Jo Herndon is being lured to the area by an inmate pretending to be country music star Dierks Bentley.

Whiteville is the home of two state prisons, Whiteville Correctional Facility and Hardeman County Correctional Facility, operated by Corrections Corporation of America (CCA).

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...-to-whiteville

I don't get it. Someone in prison is luring her and they don't know who?

Quote Originally Posted by Any123 View Post
    I don't get it. Someone in prison is luring her and they don't know who?
    Right, surely inmates' calls are monitored, so checking phone records and call recordings should tell LE who it is.

How do they think this woman is traveling?

Hmmm... It's been quiet.

How is an inmate luring her, pretending to be someone else? When you receive a call from an inmate, it specifically says so before you can accept the call and keeps repeating it every like 5 minutes during the call... I mean that is unless he is using a contraband cellphone. They might have been exchanging letters but still the envelope would state it's coming from a prison.

Quote Originally Posted by lakaterine View Post
    How is an inmate luring her, pretending to be someone else? When you receive a call from an inmate, it specifically says so before you can accept the call and keeps repeating it every like 5 minutes during the call... I mean that is unless he is using a contraband cellphone. They might have been exchanging letters but still the envelope would state it's coming from a prison.
    If she has a declined mental state I suppose excuses could be believed by her though ...saying he writes and calls from a jail so people can't trace his calls since he is famous, etc....but I would think this would be an easy solve by the jail -it's scary that it doesn't seem to be though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

This poor woman. She can be in so much danger. I hope she's found safe.

Do you think it would definitely be reported if she was found or could it be kept quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by StacyMarie83 View Post
    If she has a declined mental state I suppose excuses could be believed by her though ...saying he writes and calls from a jail so people can't trace his calls since he is famous, etc....but I would think this would be an easy solve by the jail -it's scary that it doesn't seem to be though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Yes, and if she believed whatever he said (likely) then she probably was told to 'keep his secret' and did not ask for help or tell anyone anything very helpful. Praying!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast