667 users online (72 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV - Police discover origin of casket

By Pat Hanna

A casket discovered last weekend in a wooded area of Fayette County, and containing human remains, was taken from a private family mausoleum near the Ansted area of the county, police said Wednesday night.

In the latest development in the case, Fayette Sheriff Bill Laird said his office received information Wednesday morning from a concerned citizen reporting the possible disturbance of a grave site at the mausoleum.

“Following the investigation of this report, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has confirmed this as being the site from which the casket and remains were removed ...” Laird said.

The casket and remains were discovered by a squirrel hunter last Saturday in a wooded area off Chestnutburg Road near the Ames Heights Road area.

Laird said the identity of the person whose remains were disinterred was being withheld pending notification of extended family members

more at the link http://www.register-herald.com/local...285231717.html
    Retired 08/03/03

Graverobbers? What the heck, this is pretty demented. I hope they find out who did this.

Every now and then you get a group of kids who think it is exciting or fun to break into a cemetary and do vandalism, or committ some kind of theft. They are trying to show their bravery or something. Think this is one of those cases?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

New Hampshire

Body parts bring big money

Geez, there is no end to what people can think of. I just read an article about how there is quite a market for body parts, everything from bones to more "recent" parts. And it was big money, too - a few hundred for a finger up to hundreds of thousands for "fresher" arms, legs etc. I get sick even thinking about it! Oh yeah, there is even a market for cremated ashes!!! It is so easy to just lose faith in human beings...although I don't really consider these types human! And I won't insult the animal world by classifying them there either
    My dogs love me, so I can't be all bad!