OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Isaiah Jones and the fact that he was questioned can be discussed. His statements in the press can be discussed. LE has made no statements about Jones being a suspect or cleared, only that they are aware of the Facebook threats and are looking into that as one of several possible leads. Mr. Jones opted to self identify as a suspect in an article on April 26th. Then on the 28th he is quoted as saying “I talked with the police. And I'm not even a suspect. They know that it was not me.”

Rusty Mangold, like Jones, has been named in the press and that can be discussed. The press has printed some of his Facebook posts about the dispute and the murders. That is all up for discussion.

Keep in mind the following as you do

Police have made no comment on Mongold and Jones’ claims, due to the ongoing investigation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-threats-clear-ohio-murders-article-1.2617899

While police have revealed no suspects or motive in the killings, the presence of marijuana grow sites near the bodies have led many to believe the murders were drug-related. - See more at: http://www.detroitnewstime.com/regi...e-at-the-wrong-time.html#sthash.qBuPJUat.dpuf

Donald Stone, family member of the Rhodens, who discovered Kenneth's body, is not a suspect (the gossip boards notwithstanding) under Websleuths definition. You may discuss his interviews, statements, reported actions and behaviors, 911 call, etc. you may not sleuth him or accuse him of being the killer. you may identify things about his statements or actions that you feel are odd, unusual or do not make sense.

Same goes with Bobbie Jo, who discovered another crime scene. Discuss her 911 call, any public statements, etc. Do not sleuth her or suggest she is involved in the killings.

I keep getting HR and HG confused. Sorry, Im an idiot.

No, you're fine, we're all confused a little to some degree. There's just so many people involved, and many angles as to what happened. SMH

"Most" campers have a jackknife sofa in them also, and it folds down to make a full sized bed. From the looks of KR's 5th wheel, it more than likely slept 5-6 comfortably. Normally there is a sleeping space over top of the 5th wheel. (that may have been what DS meant when he said "I looked up and saw KR with a gunshot" I don't know how old that camper was so I will assume 30', so it may have had a small rear bedroom also. I haven't had a "camper" for a few years, we took the plunge and purchased a motorhome. The difference is night and day. Ours even has stackable washer/dryer.. thank goodness.
The one we stayed in had a great full sized bed on one end and all the creature comforts. We just used it for a couple nights though. My f-i-l had one of the mobile homes like you have. Part of it would extend out on the side when you press a button and it had a canopy that folded out on the side, he also had them put steps that dropped down to get in it (he has hip problems and it made it easier to get in). It was really nice. He sold it this year as he can no longer travel. But honestly, for a guy, baching it, they're not bad. You can pack up and hit the trail, free as a bird, anytime. Could have been why KR used it.

I cringe at typing this, but think, think of the coldness and sense of purpose that it must take to fire a weapon into the skull of another human. Repeatedly. Again and again. Who can do this?

Someone with no soul. Someone that is going to learn that stop, drop, and roll doesn't work after you die. :)

I don't see any problem with the logistics. In fact i find it interesting that the people I suspect were involved all seem to have an empty void on their social media accounts the night of the killing...whereas on a daily and nightly basis were posting before and after. This case is clear as day to me. I think LE is just waiting for the DNA to get back from the lab...but that could take weeks. It's a slow process depending on how much backlog there is.
If this ends up being over some stupid vendetta due to name calling I'm losing faith in humanity. I know that sounds crazy, but that is one of the stupidest reasons for killing 8 people. I can't articulate this feeling I have, but I almost want it to be the result of drug or another illegal activity. That, at least would make sense.
I do have a few questions though, because I've considered this person as well. I just couldn't answer these and maybe you could. It sounds like you've sleuthed him a lot deeper than I. I can't even find his FB page lol.
Would the people you suspect know enough about the Rhodens' day to day activities to successfully pull this off? Do you think they were familiar enough with them to get past KR's dog? Why would this suspect leave $1,000 at KR's feet? Why would this suspect beat CR1 and GR if the main issue was wit CR2?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Please elaborate. Was there one? An order by whom, against whom?
No no lol. Someone made the comment they wished someone loved them as much as DR loved a deceased friend. Someone else commented that they would get a restraining order because it is really almost too much, bordering on obsessive.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Why California?

Just a weird feeling I have gotten that the funding of a large shipment of "product" was shipped to them from California. It is far enough away where if someone wanted to get their money back or get revenge they would drive all the way there to do something like this and then think they could retreat back to their state and never be caught.

Ive probably seen too many movies about LA Gangs or something. LOL

I think the shooters had to be living either in California or some other far away state thinking they are far enough to not have LE track them down. Otherwise I don't think they would have been bold enough to execute everyone.

Has it been brought up, or does anybody know much about tracking cell phones? I read that it is possible even when turned off in certain situations (stingray). It's difficult to explain the technology and I'm not very smart so I'll leave it at that. If it was a group of young punks then it's hard to imagine at least one of them not bringing their phone along.

I was still unable to find any video with BM. All I find about LM and the 'revenge' statement is numerous MSM articles (without video). But wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions of where to look. :)

Has it been brought up, or does anybody know much about tracking cell phones? I read that it is possible even when turned off in certain situations (stingray). It's difficult to explain the technology and I'm not very smart so I'll leave it at that. If it was a group of young punks then it's hard to imagine at least one of them not bringing their phone along.

For another case I actually checked about this exact thing and it is very interesting.

The main way is by purchasing easy software that parents use all the time on their kids phones to track where they are at all times but phone has to be on.

There is another way to track a phone that is turned off and its quite interesting. It involves putting a sort of malware software on the phone that makes the user think that he is turning the phone off but it really is still on. With it being on but fooling the person into thinking its off then the normal tracking software tracks the phone.

Another WS member and I wondered about stingray technology in one of the earlier threads.

This site has good info about them for anyone who is unfamiliar or just wants to read about them: https://www.aclu.org/map/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them

That site also has a map that shows which areas are known to use them and Ohio isn't one of them but that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't. I also brought up the possibility that the technology expertise the BCI is receiving from the DEA or FBI may include the use of one, as they can be used to track suspects. They can also do other "sophisticated" (because that seems to be their favorite word) technology related things to help aid in their investigation. The general public doesn't know everything the stingray is capable of because that info is considered "classified" --- as it could expose the government's security measures and spy tactics.

Did that interview with IJ where he cried and wiped his tears with his shirt seem like the fakest cry ever? Even if he didn't do it, he probably wouldn't really shed tears for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And found this one too....

[video=youtube;cQmqtNLHcTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmqtNLHcTU[/video]

Did that interview with IJ where he cried and wiped his tears with his shirt seem like the fakest cry ever? Even if he didn't do it, he probably wouldn't really shed tears for them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Do you have a link to the interview please? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Babyfacemagee
The Massacre on Union Hill Road was preceded by the Humiliation On Union Hill Road.

Would you please elaborate on the Humiliation?

I don't need names.

Or possibly there are some MSM articles, as mentioned by mod above re IJ?

I have read that phone companies (even not using stingray) can determine the location of a phone by looking back at the signal strength that 2 or more towers received at certain times (like of the murders). The phones might have to be turned on but the way technology is going who knows? This Wikipedia link shows part of it using "multilateration" and "hyperbolic curve", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking

Also, does anyone know if the dogs were really missing or not?

And I apologize for asking if this is redundant, I have tried to read/skim through all of the threads this past week. I can't keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth