Attorney Robert Shapiro's son has died

Lesleegp said:
Robert Shapiro's son dead

How many bad things does this make that has happened to OJ defenders?

Lesleegp, thanks for the heads up on Shapiro's son, Brent. What a terrible shame! I have to wonder if Robert knew about his son's drug use ..? As Brent was just entering law school - I imagine he would have eventually gone into criminal law practice with his infamous father.

Frankly - it wouldn't bother me a bit for the bad karma to adversely affect O.J. or any of his highly compensated sleazy attorneys - but, not the kids or respective family members. An exemption perhaps, for Barry Scheck - as he has gone forward in his law career to do some really exceptional work with DNA exoneration for "The Innocence Project". (IMHO)

I've been wishing really bad karma on the Simpson monster for the past 10 years - but, he's like Mr. Teflon and seems to "slip away with anything & everything". The vicious & senseless slaughter of Ron Goldman especially makes me livid when I think about it. :banghead:

Somebody refresh my memory, please. Aside from Johnnie Cochran's death - what other bad karma has befallen the O.J. attorneys and/or defenders?

13th Juror

13th Juror said:

Somebody refresh my memory, please. Aside from Johnnie Cochran's death - what other bad karma has befallen the O.J. attorneys and/or defenders?

13th Juror

Isn't Robert Kardashian dead too? And F. Lee Bailey has had legal battle after legal battle about stuff.

ETA: Yes, Kardashian died 10/1/03 of cancer.

Robert Kardashian died and Flee Bailey spent 43 days in federal prison for failing to account for $3 million in assets belonging to a client. The IRS has a tax lien against him for over $200,000, claiming he underpaid in 1990 and 1992. I think he has also been disbarred in a couple States.

Lesleegp said:
Robert Shapiro's son dead

How many bad things does this make that has happened to OJ defenders?
Hi everyone I'm a newbie here and trying to learn the ropes. Please bear with me as I learn, I don't multi task well....LOL!

OMG! Sooo sad! Has anyone read about the PI William C. Dear's theroy? He seems to think O.J.'s son Justin killed Nicole.

soul_tear said:
Hi everyone I'm a newbie here and trying to learn the ropes. Please bear with me as I learn, I don't multi task well....LOL!

OMG! Sooo sad! Has anyone read about the PI William C. Dear's theroy? He seems to think O.J.'s son Justin killed Nicole.
i have heard the theory of OJ'S son killing nicole, but i think OJ did it himself..

michelle said:
i have heard the theory of OJ'S son killing nicole, but i think OJ did it himself..
So do I. The chauffer rang and rang the doorbell, and OJ was nowhere to be found. Then, the chauffer saw a black man walk in the front door, and suddenly OJ answered his intercom. No, this is not a coincidence...

Oh, puleez!!! You think Shapiro's son is dead because Shapiro defended OJ Simpson?!

Check out Billy Graham's family and see that even that saintly patriarch's family has suffered from all kinds of tragedies.

It rains on the just and the unjust. Shapiro's son has nothing to do with OJ Simpson's defense.

Never said one was the result of the other. Just stating there there have been a few rough spots for the folks that were on his defense team. Merely news, that's it.

Kardashian, shapiro's son & Cochrane........... hummmm not to mention F.Lee Bailey's legal woes.

I truly wonder if anybody, whether politicians or lawyers TRULY THINK ABOUT their "after life".... DO THEY??? I mean, it'll come back to haunt them.

Circle of life........... geesh. When will OJ get his due??????????

just another link on the story of Brent Shapiro.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/l...ll=la-headlines-california&ctrack=1&cset=true

OJ is too busy on the Golf course.....He too will have his day, I believe one day we will be accountable for what we have done....

Lesleegp said:
Never said one was the result of the other. Just stating there there have been a few rough spots for the folks that were on his defense team. Merely news, that's it.
Thanks Les for posting the link! :blowkiss:

I remember vividly Kardashian's stunned look upon hearing the acquittal. I heard somewhere afterward that he started to doubt OJ's innocence during the trial.
I wonder what ever came of Faye Resnick?

LovelyPigeon said:
Oh, puleez!!! You think Shapiro's son is dead because Shapiro defended OJ Simpson?!

Check out Billy Graham's family and see that even that saintly patriarch's family has suffered from all kinds of tragedies.

It rains on the just and the unjust. Shapiro's son has nothing to do with OJ Simpson's defense.
Did anyone see the PBS special recently on how the OJ trial affected the court system?

They showed the reason that so many people of color cheered when OJ was acquitted was because of the long standing inequalities in how laws are applied to African American in this country.

They interviewed numerous people so many years after and many of the African Americans interviewed said that the reasonable doubt version came in because it does happen that Furman was caught being patently rascist and that policemen are known to "conveniently" move evidence to "firm up the case."

And they said that if the gloves had been excluded as the defense had wished OJ would have been convicted. The glove evidence brought Furman in as a star witness. He would have otherwise not been involved and his rascism would not have been an issue.

One could say it was the actions of the prosecutors that lead to OJ's acquittal in that one regard. By extension one could say it was the prosecutor's karma. LOL And one could say it was OJ's karma to get away with murder due to the karma of the long standing unequal treatment of blacks and the karma of having had tons of money to pay for his defense.

I think the "low speed chase" among other things was strong evidence of his guilt. But the burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt.

PS If you take any population ten years later there will be deaths in the families of those involved.

IdahoMom said:
Thanks Les for posting the link! :blowkiss:

I remember vividly Kardashian's stunned look upon hearing the acquittal. I heard somewhere afterward that he started to doubt OJ's innocence during the trial.
I wonder what ever came of Faye Resnick?

You're right. He later came out that he believed OJ to be guilty.

Jeana (DP) said:
You're right. He later came out that he believed OJ to be guilty.

Yeah divine karma. He didn't speak up for his friend Nicole and later died of throat cancer. He wrote a book though too didn't he? I remember when he was on LKL and admitted he believed OJ guilty.

cami said:
Yeah divine karma. He didn't speak up for his friend Nicole and later died of throat cancer. He wrote a book though too didn't he? I remember when he was on LKL and admitted he believed OJ guilty.

Yup, I think he did write a book. Too bad he didn't have a spine when it could have counted for something. Wonder where he's spending eternity. :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back