AR AR - Billie Jean Phillips, 35, Huntsville, 2 Sept 1994

mollybeth

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster, so bear with me, but I would love some input/attention on this case.

There isn't a whole lot of information out there, but what there is, is very interesting.This case personally makes me furious because possible suspects (ie: the prosecuting attorney she was having an affair with) were allowed at the scene. And so many big names are involved, and a lot of players (the sheriff at the time, the deputy) are deceased now. Anyway, iirc she was found by her young son when his dad dropped him off. She was so bloody that he told his dad that his mom had fallen painting. She has been beat to death with his tball bat, so severely, it was splintered.
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/1997/oct/20/who-killed-billie-jean/ There is a lot of local history in the articles, to kind of set the scene for how Madison county politics works. One man has been aquitted of her murder and no one else has ever been tried.
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2003/sep/26/man-acquitted-phillips-killing/

She died Sept. 2, 1994, a Friday night, beaten and strangled in her bedroom. Her murder remains unsolved. Those who have investigated it have centered their inquiries on the Madison County drug trade and on the men who loved her.

She had made many enemies: one family believes she convinced their son to commit suicide, the prosecuting attorney's wife had a confrontation with Billie Jean not long before she died, the list goes on and on. Its a long read but worth it!

And here is another article that gives more in-depth information on the county's politicshttp://www.arkansasonline.com/news/1997/oct/19/meth-and-murder-madison-county/?print

Was it a lover that killed her? Was it a lover's angry spouse? Was it drug related? The biggest question in Madison county, Arkansas is: Who killed Billie Jean Phillips?

I'm so Glad a thread was started , but if anyone is ever prosecuted for this it will be amazing , I can tell you the rumor mill around town was and is crazy my first cousin is a court clerk there i've asked her about this case, Billie jean was a sweet girl I knew her but not well, her sister is still there in town , her Mom and dad have passed away too many possibilities to name I am a Sharp by lineage TSharp the daughter was a suspect as well but believe she died in 05 or 6

you would think due to the murder scene there would be lots of DNA , that could be retested doubt that will ever happen

I don't think anyone will look too closely at it until all the parties are LONG gone... too small a town and too many big names. But it makes me sad. Her son was a year ahead of me in school.

didn't some of that bunch get into some trouble recently? think the issue with Billie Jean is there were too many suspects combine that whit what you just said and there you go impossible !!!!! I think we know the biggest suspect .....there is no fury greater than......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back