Found Deceased IL - Dennis Bates, 57, Tolono, 4 May 2016 *Arrests*

Ghoulina25

Reaction score
l hope l did this right. Dennis is missing from my small town.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2016-05-05/search-tolono-man.html

The article does not mention that Dennis is disabled. Also, there has been a RUMOR that a man and possibly a woman stole his truck and debit card.

l am really hoping he is found safe and soon. Before l moved across town, Dennis always had a smile and "hello" for me every morning when l checked the mail.

attachment.php
Dennis Bates, 57, was reported missing a short time after 4pm Wednesday. He's listed at 4'11", 100 pounds, and owns a dark green 1993 Chevrolet S10 pickup.

Police say Bates in not believed to be driving the pickup, but ask for help in locating him.
http://www.wandtv.com/story/31898617/help-needed-in-search-for-missing-tolono-man

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 156
Thank you so much, KLJ! l've never been good at starting these threads.

You're welcome :) Thanks for bringing Dennis's case here.

From the article I linked, it doesn't come out and say it directly, but it supports what you've heard that someone else may be driving his truck since they don't think he is.

lt worries me. lMO Dennis is the type to easily be taken advantage of.

l can't find it in MSM, so RUMOR has it that police have video of a black male and white female in his truck using his debit card at an ATM.

Unfortunately, it seems like there's a good possibility that foul play was involved. If so, I hope they're arrested soon before they can hurt anyone else.

Rest in peace Dennis. Condolences to Dennis's family and friends.

The link l posted about him being found has been updated to include two people arrested! Such awful people to do this.

Almost 100% positive there will be murder charges coming soon.

I knew Dennis and his sister. I live in the same small town.

:welcome5: strangebrew, sorry you joined us under these circumstances. At the beginning of the thread, Ghoulina25 said she is from the same town as well. Small world!

Attachments

• Bates Eric_Wycoff.jpg
    Bates Eric_Wycoff.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Bates Karla_Kelly.jpg
    Bates Karla_Kelly.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 66
View attachment 94016
Eric Wycoff, 45, of rural Marshall and Karla Kelly, 44, of Paris

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2016-05-06/update-two-jail-over-disappearance-tolono-man.html

These two suspects look like a couple of vagrants. I wouldn't be surprised to find out these two were panhandling or had one of those "will work for food" placards and this guy Bates tried to help them out, only to be double crossed and murdered for what little he had.

The bottom of that article says Kelly already has a record for possessing meth, and forgery charges from 2014.15 so I guess I was wrong, things didn't change that quick. Her late husband's family don't seem very fond of her.

Poor Dennis.

I guess they weren't vagrants after all............a little hard to tell by those mugshots. Looks like neither one of them had any sleep for at least a couple of days, so yeah, meth sounds just about right. They must have partied pretty good right before they got the cuffs slapped on 'em.

They both had Facebook pages as you posted, and seemed to be somewhat normal.

The two of them sure flushed their lives down the toilet, didn't they ? It's gotta be drugs.......I don't know what else could push two seemingly normal people to go off the deep end like they did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back