Homecoming Weekend

Jenifred

I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that homecoming for Southern Virginia is this weekend. Since Janet and I are both alumns, just wondering if anyone thinks that Raven will be showing his face on campus this weekend. I really wouldn't know why since he NEVER GRADUATED from this place.

But things that I think are odd if he does show up are:
1. Like I said, he NEVER GRADUATED
2. Is he trying to get more sympathy mustered up from friends?
3. How is he paying for the trip on his part-time bike shop job?
4. Do you think that he will be visiting Janet's family, or letting Kaiden stay there while he galavants around, since they live within three hours of the campus (and a little side note, the cheaper flights fly into either Dulles or BWI which would be closer to Janet's family in Northern Virginia but for a few hundred more he could fly into Roanoke which is an hour south of campus and farther away from Janet's family)?

Does anyone think that he will make an appearance? Friends in the area beware!!

Jenifred said:
Just wanted to let you know that homecoming for Southern Virginia is this weekend. Since Janet and I are both alumns, just wondering if anyone thinks that Raven will be showing his face on campus this weekend. I really wouldn't know why since he NEVER GRADUATED from this place.

But things that I think are odd if he does show up are:
1. Like I said, he NEVER GRADUATED
2. Is he trying to get more sympathy mustered up from friends?
3. How is he paying for the trip on his part-time bike shop job?
4. Do you think that he will be visiting Janet's family, or letting Kaiden stay there while he galavants around, since they live within three hours of the campus (and a little side note, the cheaper flights fly into either Dulles or BWI which would be closer to Janet's family in Northern Virginia but for a few hundred more he could fly into Roanoke which is an hour south of campus and farther away from Janet's family)?

Does anyone think that he will make an appearance? Friends in the area beware!!
I think he'll only show up if he thinks there is some way to get to that scholarship money! Maybe he'll apply and attempt to finish his education on someone else's dime....seems to be his MO.

ewwwinteresting said:
I think he'll only show up if he thinks there is some way to get to that scholarship money! Maybe he'll apply and attempt to finish his education on someone else's dime....seems to be his MO.
I hope that there are definate terms of use for that scholarship--like female athlete or something that Raven wouldn't qualify for. Plus, doesn't it need time to mature or something? It can't just be set up six months prior and then expect to be used all in one semester. I think it needs time to acquire and endowment or something. I'm not good with the technical side of these things.

I wonder if Raven would feel some type of entitlement to that money, since it was money given in his wife's name. Gosh he's a leech, sucking until the very end of everything. I wonder too if his Utah soccer league wasn't a lame-a$$ attempt to condition for a men's college soccer team? Leech, leech, leech.

Jenifred said:
I wonder too if his Utah soccer league wasn't a lame-a$$ attempt to condition for a men's college soccer team? Leech, leech, leech.
Or it could be because he realized he looked like a 40 year old balding, pudgy man?

I doubt he would have the nerve to show up there, but maybe as a courtesy he was invited. I can't imagine him stepping up to the plate and talking about Janet though.

Maybe he can make a call out to ask the so-called burgler for whatever Raven may have claimed to be missing from the house, since we really don't know what was supposedly missing from the house. We do know how particular he is about property, Janets, his, real or imagined.

I was at the SVU homecoming and Raven appeared with Kaiden. The nerve! He is probably just scoping out some freshman girls! When he walked through the door everyone was turning around whispering about him. Mostly all the students who knew him think he is guilty of murdering his wife...its so SAD, even people who were his friends believe he is at least capable of commiting murder. If he loved his wife so much why would he come back to the very place where they had so many memories together SO SOON? Everytime I have seen him he has been smiling and laughing...its just disgusting.

tiffany said:
I was at the SVU homecoming and Raven appeared with Kaiden. The nerve! He is probably just scoping out some freshman girls! When he walked through the door everyone was turning around whispering about him. Mostly all the students who knew him think he is guilty of murdering his wife...its so SAD, even people who were his friends believe he is at least capable of commiting murder. If he loved his wife so much why would he come back to the very place where they had so many memories together SO SOON? Everytime I have seen him he has been smiling and laughing...its just disgusting.
Thanks for posting Tiffany. Unbelievable....I would have never guessed he'd show up where Janet was so well liked. Sympathy is the only answer I can think of....unless there was money to be made!

Am I an idiot or didn't I just read that Raven didn't graduate? Why would he show up? Did he think this was to pay tribute to his wife? I'm confused... I've had a long week... why would he even show up there? Can someone help me out here?

My guess for this appearance with child in hand is to use the child to bait some unsuspecting young female that doesn't know his history.

He's always looking for a meal ticket, this meets the MO.

Just disgusting & not surprising at all.

Maybe he just happened to be in the area while "checking on the investigation"... UGH. Did he think he'd find his wife's killer at Homecoming?! I think one of the most frustrating things to me is the lack of Raven's outcry to find Janet's killer... and that he seems to be coping a little too well.

I'm sure he's got some friends in the area that he's staying with and convinced them that he's innocent. I wonder if he'll show up at church. And I wonder if the Christensens were there and got to spend some time with Kaiden. And if the Christensens knew Raven and Kaiden were going to be there. He's got some big pulsating nerve to show up at homecoming. But in all fairness, my husband (who didn't graduate from there but attended for a semester) once got an invitation to homecoming and me, the alumnus, didn't. However, I don't think that's the case with Raven.

One last question that I've got is do you think that he was somehow trying to coax the scholarship money out of SVU and into his own hands?

Raven, you are a pig in a cheap suit.

Erica, Janets sister was at homecoming and received a special award for being an athlete who attended SVU all four years of college. My friend who attended the alumni soccer game (which Raven played in) said that Erica held the baby, Kaiden while Raven played soccer. I will try to get more info...hope this helps some.

guera said:
Maybe he just happened to be in the area while "checking on the investigation"... UGH. Did he think he'd find his wife's killer at Homecoming?! I think one of the most frustrating things to me is the lack of Raven's outcry to find Janet's killer... and that he seems to be coping a little too well.
Checking out the Investigation? The Murdered happened in Durham, North Carolina, not Virginia, so I guess checking out the investigation, is a no go, I heard rumors that he NEVER contacts LE to find out what is going on!

Can you say major Brass B@lls. I can't wait until they become COLD STEEL B@lls!

Jenifred said:
I'm sure he's got some friends in the area that he's staying with and convinced them that he's innocent.
This raises a question I've always wondered about - Raven's friends! Does he in fact have good, close friends? I realize people react differently to different things, sure, but where have these "friends" been all these months to defend Raven? Again, I know people do things differently - and perhaps Raven has even told his friends not to say anything - but I know if I had a good friend that I felt was being unjustly accused, of anything, I would be defending that friend every chance I got!! I wonder if these friends know anything more about Janet's murder than what they've heard from Raven. It would indeed be interesting for any and all of them, if they exist, to spend some time reading here - then see what conclusions they draw.

Raven's friends - if you exist, and if you are reading here - make yourselves known! Tell us about your friend. Tell us why you believe in his innocence. Tell us who you think murdered Janet. Think to yourselves: would I feel comfortable having Raven spend a night in my house? Being alone with my husband or wife? Being alone with my child? If in your heart you can answer YES to all these questions - then I implore you - read the voluminous pages of information gathered on this case. If we are wrong - tell us. If we are unfair - tell us. If we are misguided - tell us. But unlike some who have posted here - give us information...facts...evidence. Simply stating, "Raven is innocent" means nothing in a fact gathering forum.

SouthEastSleuth said:
This raises a question I've always wondered about - Raven's friends! Does he in fact have good, close friends?
I'm guessing, but I think that he's got people that he uses. People that he knows, out of the goodness of their hearts, won't refuse him a place to stay for the weekend. People that want to believe that there is good in everyone and that a Mormon man wouldn't kill his wife. I don't think that Raven would keep in touch with these "friends" on a regular basis, he'd just call when he needed something or to stop by when he's in town.

Jenifred said:
I'm guessing, but I think that he's got people that he uses. People that he knows, out of the goodness of their hearts, won't refuse him a place to stay for the weekend. People that want to believe that there is good in everyone and that a Mormon man wouldn't kill his wife. I don't think that Raven would keep in touch with these "friends" on a regular basis, he'd just call when he needed something or to stop by when he's in town.
I would think that these "friends" would also believe that a Mormon man wouldn't have multiple affairs and commit felonies either though...:waitasec: I guess everyone can stick their head in the sand.

guera said:
He Q...has there been any outcry in Utah about this case from the Abaroa or Bolton family? What do you think of the family? Is this something they would shove under the rug and not talk about or if raven was innocent be screaming for justice?

ewwwinteresting said:
I would think that these "friends" would also believe that a Mormon man wouldn't have multiple affairs and commit felonies either though...:waitasec: I guess everyone can stick their head in the sand.
Um...wasn't Mark Hacking mormon?:mad:

ewwwinteresting said:
He Q...has there been any outcry in Utah about this case from the Abaroa or Bolton family? What do you think of the family? Is this something they would shove under the rug and not talk about or if raven was innocent be screaming for justice?
That is a good point. It is almost as if they just want to sweep it under the carpet and move on, as if Janet never existed. If they truly believed Raven was not involved in any way, wouldn't they be devestated that their son had lost his beloved wife and mother of his two children????

LTUlegal said:
Um...wasn't Mark Hacking mormon?:mad:
Yes, but he at least had a strong family unit around him to encourage him to come forward and confess, to be accountable for what he had done. It doesn't make it any better, but it does say a lot for the ethics of his family that they would not condone or protect him after he murdered his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back