Fake wall reveals dozens of hidden shoes, bras

rhapsdy

Reaction score
Did any of you see this story? I can't help but think some unsolved murders in that area should be looked into for a link with these shoes and undergarments found in a hidden wall!!

http://www.wafb.com/story/31898287/fake-wall-reveals-dozens-of-hidden-shoes-bras?sf25848375=1

GLADWIN COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -
A local family isn’t sure what to think after discovering a hidden wall stacked with women’s and children’s shoes.

The family, who lives in the Gladwin County community of Bentley, said they were cleaning out their pole barn when a family member found a hidden or fake wall behind a closet.

When they were able to pry it open they found 53 pairs of shoes. Bras were also found stuffed in some of the footwear.

LE are probably right that the collection is linked to a previous owner's fetish, but if if there's any chance that they could be linked to crimes then they should be preserved and saved for future reference or testing and not thrown out. Perhaps it really is a serial killer's trophy room.

But what exactly to do with them?

I just came over here to post about this. If the shoes were all the same size, I'd say it was either a guy with a fetish or a wife hiding her purchases from her husband - but children's shoes? Is there a database or the like somewhere that would list murders/missing people from the area in the 70's?

I doubt this is linked in any way (this collection is far too recent) but concealing objects, including shoes, in old houses has long been part of folk magic, at least in the UK. The concealed items were thought to have a protective function for the building and its inhabitants or users.

http://www.apotropaios.co.uk/

I can't believe that LE let the family throw these away!! Maybe his fetish was buying shoes of murder victims, not to mention the missing persons/children not even necessarily from that area alone. There are way to many different sizes to be a fetish, along with bras stuffed into some of the shoes?? I hope LE at least photographed them. Why wouldn't they have just put pics of every pair online to see if they belonged to anyone that was missing and that's what they were last seen in? Like the pics posted of all those women in that one guys storage locker. This person went to a lot of trouble to construct a hidden room only accessed from a closet back wall. This discovery has always bugged me, I just have a feeling it was not a fetish. A fetish that includes grown womens shoes/high heels and also a little childs tennis shoes or a 10 year olds red patent leather maryjanes? Nope. Not buying it.

I can't believe that LE let the family throw these away!! Maybe his fetish was buying shoes of murder victims, not to mention the missing persons/children not even necessarily from that area alone. There are way to many different sizes to be a fetish, along with bras stuffed into some of the shoes?? I hope LE at least photographed them. Why wouldn't they have just put pics of every pair online to see if they belonged to anyone that was missing and that's what they were last seen in? Like the pics posted of all those women in that one guys storage locker. This person went to a lot of trouble to construct a hidden room only accessed from a closet back wall. This discovery has always bugged me, I just have a feeling it was not a fetish. A fetish that includes grown womens shoes/high heels and also a little childs tennis shoes or a 10 year olds red patent leather maryjanes? Nope. Not buying it.

creepy- why wouldn't they keep them and test them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back