NM NM - Holly Alcott White, 49, Taos, 5 May 2016

ElemenohP

Reaction score
http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_f10d4aae-1470-11e6-a852-d3cf8868dff7.html

572e227818851.image.jpg

Holly Alcott White of Taos was last heard from at 9:20 P.M. on May 5. The next day her car was found at the Gorge Bridge parking area. Today searching will take place in the general area of Gorge Bridge.

She is the former manager of the Taos Center for the Arts. She had recently left the TCA to join her husband, Jeff, who had already moved to Albuquerque. White was looking forward to starting a new job as office manager at a dentist office in Albuquerque. The TCA had a farewell party scheduled for White the evening of the day she went missing.

Her belongings were home.

White’s car was found parked at the Gorge parking lot the same day (May 6). The keys were left in the cup holder. A vendor at the bridge said that the car was there that day when she arrived at 6:15 a.m.

http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_f10d4aae-1470-11e6-a852-d3cf8868dff7.html

Anyone know if there are security cameras in the lot or on the bridge?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Where are you Holly?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bumping for Holly.

http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_f8b30ac4-1ebf-11e6-858d-77ff8be6dfb9.html

When Jeff White received news that his wife and Taos resident, Holly Alcott White, was missing the morning of May 6, he immediately left Albuquerque and headed north.

He had already planned to arrive that afternoon to join her at a farewell party to be held in her honor at the Taos Center for the Arts (TCA) that evening. After a 22-year run as the office manager for the TCA, Holly White had given her notice, and was scheduled to work through May 13. She was in the midst of training her replacement, and friends say she was looking forward to moving to Albuquerque, where Jeff White had taken a new job and found a house for the couple. She had an interview lined up as an office manager at a dentist office, and their Taos home was under contract with a scheduled closing date.

:(

New search for Holly White comes up empty-handed

Holly White, the former Taos Center for the Arts general manager who disappeared May 6, has still not been found.

State Police Lt. Edwardo Martinez said his office followed up on an anonymous tip that came to Taos Crimestoppers. A new search and rescue was conducted near the Gorge Bridge June 14. Police used horses, a cadaver dog, a drone and 30 volunteers that included retired police officers.

“We searched the northeast end, where there is a gravel pit area – and nothing was found,” Martinez said.

Hmmm.....yes, everyone reacts differently but I'm not feeling a lot of emotion there from hubby. Of course it's difficult to get a sense when it's a newspaper article and only selected quotes and only part of what is talked about makes it into the article.

Curious though that the focus is on "she wouldn't leave me. she wouldn't do something bad like that." and "I don't believe it but LE should check to see if she was having an affair". (paraphrasing here). These seem like backhanded, 'disguised' criticisms to make him look like a victim. Of course he is a victim, but I also don't hear him saying he misses her and just wants her home safe and sound.

I guess we all act differently.

attachment.php
Just to give some perspective for those of us unfamiliar with the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. The police are intimating that she may have jumped off the bridge as a most likely scenario.

Attachments

• riogrande.jpeg
    riogrande.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 311
On May 12, police did a search of the area and found some debris including a women's black mesh Sketcher shoe with a Velcro strap in Holly's size.

Police: Holly White didn’t jump or ‘walk away’ from life

On Aug. 26, state police moved White’s case from its “uniform bureau” to its “criminal investigation bureau.” The move, however, doesn’t shift the case from a missing persons one to a criminal one. That’s because police say they have yet to find evidence of foul play in White’s case.

State Police Lt. Edwardo Martinez said police have ruled out the possibility that Holly jumped from the bridge. They have also ruled out that she “just walked away from her life” without contacting anyone. At the same time, he reiterated, “the case may never turn into a criminal case.”

“We met with the criminal investigations lieutenant and sergeant and we went over the whole case and discussed it,” Martinez said. “[That White committed] suicide seemed unlikely for a couple of reasons. We found in her computer that she had plans for her future. She was looking for a job in Albuquerque and she was trying to sell her house and planning to move out of Taos,” Martinez said.

From Snoopster's post #12:

"White said he is not satisfied with the state police investigation."

“They are just so slow. They are just moving at a snail’s pace,” he said. White said he had to think of things they didn’t — like the possibility of her having an affair — which he doesn’t think would be true, but that it’s a possibility to be considered."

"For example, he said state police didn’t immediately take her bed sheets to test for the DNA of someone other than the two of them."

“A neighbor came and said how sorry he was, but told me there was a black Toyota Solara with Colorado plates [at the residence] Thursday morning (May 5),” said White. “He noticed it at 7 a.m. Thursday morning.”

From all I've read it doesn't seem that Holly was suicidal but IDK. The Solara parked in her driveway at 7 am the morning she disappeared seems like possible foul play but there hasn't been any BOLO so maybe it was ruled out. Just seems like Holly had a lot going for her. Sure wish she would be located but dang, it's been 4 months now.

From Snoopster's post #12:

"White said he is not satisfied with the state police investigation."

“They are just so slow. They are just moving at a snail’s pace,” he said. White said he had to think of things they didn’t — like the possibility of her having an affair — which he doesn’t think would be true, but that it’s a possibility to be considered."

"For example, he said state police didn’t immediately take her bed sheets to test for the DNA of someone other than the two of them."

“A neighbor came and said how sorry he was, but told me there was a black Toyota Solara with Colorado plates [at the residence] Thursday morning (May 5),” said White. “He noticed it at 7 a.m. Thursday morning.”

From all I've read it doesn't seem that Holly was suicidal but IDK. The Solara parked in her driveway at 7 am the morning she disappeared seems like possible foul play but there hasn't been any BOLO so maybe it was ruled out. Just seems like Holly had a lot going for her. Sure wish she would be located but dang, it's been 4 months now.

This interview gave me the impression the husband is really trying to suggest theories that don't involve him. Seems like he's overdoing it, IMO. Maybe the reporter is extra thorough, maybe I'm reading too much into it... But too much him, him, him and not enough Holly. Plus him being at work the next day, "no big deal"? I wonder whether the move was originally planned for only one of the spouses... JMO, just speculating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back