'Will You Mary Me?'

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Chris Mueller, 25, was nearly finished etching the big question into a harvested soybean field when he realized the 'm' in 'marry' took up too much room.

Since he couldn't erase a plowed field, he had a decision to make.

"I figured it would look better to spell it wrong and get a laugh out of it, rather than botch it all," Mueller told the Grand Forks Herald. "I could have fit all the letters in, but it would have looked tacky."

Instead, it read: "KATIE WILL YOU MARY ME?"

Mueller's next step involved taking his girlfriend, Katie Goltz, for an airplane ride under the guise of looking for deer. At first, she missed the misspelling. Goltz was caught up in the message.

"I scanned it, noticed what it said and was speechless," she said. "I said 'yes' and cried like all girls do."

But on closer inspection, Goltz realized "marry" was a letter short.

"I thought it was so sweet that he spelled it wrong," she said. "I thought it made it more cute and more special."

Full Story

LOL, I love the unusual ways that people find to pop the question.

My daughter and her boyfriend are going to an engagement party tonight. The guy was so clever in what he did. First, he asked the father for permission - granted. Next he called her employer and asked if she could have the day off for a very special engagement - granted. She has spent her day today on a scavenger hunt. He started her this morning with an "errand." He sent her to the cleaners to pick up some clothes. When she got there, what she found was a rose with instructions for her next stop. She was to go to the florist and pick up flowers, get her hair done, makeup done, etc. ending up tonight at a HUGE party thrown on the riverwalk in San Antonio. Each stop had a rose and the next location she needed to go and at what time picking up little gifts and things along the way. They have been dating for about 2 years and they have dreamed of getting married. My daughter hasn't heard from her yet today, but I can't help wondering if she has any idea what's going on. She thinks they are going to a party in San Antonio. I told her to take many pictures - I can't wait to see them!

I thought the whole thing was very cool.... :D

My husband asked me by spelling out "Marry Me" in Firewood the whole width of the backyard, and it was lit by torches (at least the wood itself was not lit on fire!)

We left it up for a day or two, and did always expect someone who'd seen it from an airplane to try and contact us, but no one ever did!

Pook said:
My husband asked me by spelling out "Marry Me" in Firewood the whole width of the backyard, and it was lit by torches (at least the wood itself was not lit on fire!)

We left it up for a day or two, and did always expect someone who'd seen it from an airplane to try and contact us, but no one ever did!

That is so cute! Did it suprise you?

mysteriew said:
That is so cute! Did it suprise you?

I'll say! All I could do was laugh when it happened!
So it would not have gone down as one of the more romantic moments in history

Jules said:
My daughter and her boyfriend are going to an engagement party tonight. The guy was so clever in what he did. First, he asked the father for permission - granted. Next he called her employer and asked if she could have the day off for a very special engagement - granted. She has spent her day today on a scavenger hunt. He started her this morning with an "errand." He sent her to the cleaners to pick up some clothes. When she got there, what she found was a rose with instructions for her next stop. She was to go to the florist and pick up flowers, get her hair done, makeup done, etc. ending up tonight at a HUGE party thrown on the riverwalk in San Antonio. Each stop had a rose and the next location she needed to go and at what time picking up little gifts and things along the way. They have been dating for about 2 years and they have dreamed of getting married. My daughter hasn't heard from her yet today, but I can't help wondering if she has any idea what's going on. She thinks they are going to a party in San Antonio. I told her to take many pictures - I can't wait to see them!

I thought the whole thing was very cool.... :D

What a neat idea and very romantic. Let us know how it goes.

Hey - I found a pic

story.marry.me.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/13/marryme.ap/index.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members