Thread: Woman ticked off by police for "fat" comment

Woman ticked off by police for "fat" comment

LONDON (Reuters) - A woman struck by a hit and run car driver in northern England said she was told off by a police officer for using the F-word to describe the driver -- "fat".

Mary Magilton, 54, suffered cuts and bruises after being hit by the car which mounted the pavement while she was chatting to friends in Oldham and then drove off, newspapers reported on Friday.

Link

That officer probably would have heard a much more offensive "f" word from me if someone hit me with a car and left the scene.
    My land is bare of chattering folk; the clouds are low along the ridges, and sweet's the air with curly smoke from all my burning bridges. Dorothy Parker

I always prefer to use the words: pleasantly plump or thick to avoid situations like that. It sad that people always have to to choose their words carefully because you never know who your going to encounter.

Britain becomes more 'politically correct' by the hour, seemingly!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Britain becomes more 'politically correct' by the hour, seemingly!
    I have never:

All I can say is, "what the F............"

That would be what the Freak!

Probebly Police officers brother!

This Officer of the Law is off his rocker he is lucky it wasn't me that was hit or he may have learned a few new words that started with the letter F!

If the shoe fits - wear it! Using a different term won't change the driver's appearance in any way. Idiot officer!

A good description is vital for finding someone who hits and runs. The fat description eliminates skinny and normal weight persons.

I hope she complains to the police captain about this cop unless he was trying to get an estimate in pounds and the lady got ugly about it and just kept saying fat.