Woman ticked off by police for "fat" comment

MrsMush99

Former Member
Reaction score
LONDON (Reuters) - A woman struck by a hit and run car driver in northern England said she was told off by a police officer for using the F-word to describe the driver -- "fat".

Mary Magilton, 54, suffered cuts and bruises after being hit by the car which mounted the pavement while she was chatting to friends in Oldham and then drove off, newspapers reported on Friday.

Link

That officer probably would have heard a much more offensive "f" word from me if someone hit me with a car and left the scene.

I always prefer to use the words: pleasantly plump or thick to avoid situations like that. It sad that people always have to to choose their words carefully because you never know who your going to encounter.

Britain becomes more 'politically correct' by the hour, seemingly! :rolleyes:

Floh said:
Britain becomes more 'politically correct' by the hour, seemingly! :rolleyes:
I have never:

All I can say is, :bang: :bang: "what the F............"

That would be what the Freak! :doh:

:doh: This Officer of the Law is off his rocker he is lucky it wasn't me that was hit or he may have learned a few new words that started with the letter F!

If the shoe fits - wear it! Using a different term won't change the driver's appearance in any way. Idiot officer!

A good description is vital for finding someone who hits and runs. The fat description eliminates skinny and normal weight persons.

I hope she complains to the police captain about this cop unless he was trying to get an estimate in pounds and the lady got ugly about it and just kept saying fat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back