AR - Cross County: Arkansas Judge Resigns After 1000s of Photos of Nude Male Defenda

Tillicum

Reaction score
Boeckmann's resignation came after the commission said in a May 5 letter to his lawyer that it was in the process of recovering as many as 4,500 photos.

"They all depict young men, many naked who are in various poses inside the judge's home and outside in his yard," the letter states, adding that many of the men had received checks from the judge and had appeared before him as defendants.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...photos-nude-male-defendants-found-his-n570896

:eek:

What I don't get is that this creep was supposedly doing this for 30 years! And in all that time, no one spoke up until this past Fall? Meanwhile, he was bringing male defendants into the courthouse, having them strip naked and photographing them handcuffed?

You would think that in the course of thirty years, someone might have noticed something or said something.

And no prosecution. Yet.

"LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas judge resigned Monday after new allegations surfaced that he used his authority for the last 30 years to sexually prey on young men charged with crimes who needed financial help or who were afraid of losing their children or jobs.

Part-time Cross County District Judge Joe Boeckmann resigned after a state judicial commission presented him with new allegations, including one case when a man said he was taken to a courtroom, told to strip naked and photographed in handcuffs. Allegations were made public last year that Boeckmann had engaged in inappropriate sexual relationships including photographing and paddling defendants in exchange for lighter sentences.

Documents detailing the new allegations were provided to The Associated Press by the commission under an open records request.

"He's a criminal predator who used his judicial power to feed his corrupt desires. Every minute he served as a judge was an insult to the Arkansas Judiciary," said David Sachar, executive director of the Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission, which had been investigating to determine if the judge should be sanctioned or kicked off the bench.

The former judge has not been charged with a crime."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/joe-boeckmann-resigns-sexual-abuse

This is a very detailed article about the former judge and his victims:
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/may/10/sex-kicks-cited-exit-by-judge-is-foreve/#/

What a nightmare for the State's Attorney's office in addition to his victims.

This case makes me sick to my stomach. Not that one is better than the other, but I can understand and empathize with a person who "snaps" and commits a crime much more than this kind of serial criminal mindset. It makes me think of the recent Dennis Hastert serial molestation revelations.

This guy has been serially sexually abusing disempowered victims for YEARS and his position of power has protected him! I hope they throw the book at him.

Infuriating. When he does get prosecuted and is sent to jail he'll get his comeuppance.

The video here states that some of these defendants were teenagers when this happened.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...photos-nude-male-defendants-found-his-n570896

The article with the video also says this:
"In documents filed earlier this year, the commission detailed the allegations of several men — including one under 18 — who described appearing in Boeckmann's court for minor violations. The judge would often give defendants his hand-written phone number and have them serve what he described as "community service" at his home.
In one case, a man described having a "sexual relationship" with the judge while he paid off fines that for which Boeckmann granted him extensions."

I think this judge, when he makes it to jail will be treated both as a pedophile AND as a former judge by inmates. He will likely have to be placed in protective custody b/c he will not be able to survive general population in prison!

I think this judge, when he makes it to jail will be treated both as a pedophile AND as a former judge by inmates. He will likely have to be placed in protective custody b/c he will not be able to survive general population in prison!
I certainly hope so! The more I read about this case, the more sick I feel. :puke:

We should have standardized checks and balances for judges - even and especially for COUNTY judges like this one. Persons of authority in smaller cities/towns need almost more oversight, IMO, because smaller towns can sometimes be so insulated - victims may not realize they have options, etc! Why was no one looking over his shoulder for all of these years? It blows my mind that he was able to hide for so long in plain sight in such a position of power - - how many criminals like him exist in insulated local positions of power and haven't been identified? Like cockroaches, I think that sadly for every one we see, there are more hiding. :maddening:

I certainly hope so! The more I read about this case, the more sick I feel. :puke:

We should have standardized checks and balances for judges - even and especially for COUNTY judges like this one. Persons of authority in smaller cities/towns need almost more oversight, IMO, because smaller towns can sometimes be so insulated - victims may not realize they have options, etc! Why was no one looking over his shoulder for all of these years? It blows my mind that he was able to hide for so long in plain sight in such a position of power - - how many criminals like him exist in insulated local positions of power and haven't been identified? Like cockroaches, I think that sadly for every one we see, there are more hiding. :maddening:

Agree with you on the standardized checks & balances for judges. They should have some sort of oversight & accountability. He was able to get away with it b/c his victims were so ashamed, he literally bought their silence with $ and shame. Very sad. Nevertheless, I wonder if there weren't rumors. Was there any complicity going on btwn the judge & anyone else in power...

From the article: http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/may/10/sex-kicks-cited-exit-by-judge-is-foreve/#/

"People like this choose their victims specifically because they're helpless or not as believable or don't have as much power," Sachar said. "You pick poor people who have criminal charges, who no one is going to believe in a small town where [Boeckmann had] a lot of money and family history and things like that."
Boeckmann wrote checks to many of his victims, Sachar said, which some victims often saw as a means for helping pay legal fees."

From the same article:
"Some of those victims, Sachar said, even rented their homes from Boeckmann and feared that they could lose their house or their children if they didn't comply with the judge's wishes."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back