MS MS - Janice, near Woods Rd, WhtFem 20-35, UP4734, Sz 16 Zana-Di jeans, Sz 6W sandals, Jun'01

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: June 18, 2001
Location of Discovery: Janice, Perry County, Mississippi
Estimated Date of Death: At least 5 years prior to discovery but no more than 10 years.
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White
Height: 4'7" to 5'2"
Weight: 100-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Zana-Di button up, knee length blue jeans (size 16), silver or pink under garments (size unknown), and brown leather sandals (size 6W).
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim's skeletal remains were located by archeologists or surveyors in a wooded area off an old logging road known as Woods Road. The area is approximately 1 mile off Red Hill Road on U.S. Forest Service land five miles south of New Augusta. Animal activity had spread the skeletal remains over a large area.
Originally it was believed that the remains may be those of missing Petal teen, Angela Freeman, but DNA ruled out any connection in 2001.
Some sources list June 27, 2001 as the date of discovery.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Perry County Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone Number: 601-964-8461
Agency Name: Mississippi Chief Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Phone Number: 601-987-1440

Agency Case Number: 2001-0860
NCIC Case Number: U040002043
NamUs Case Number: 4734
Former Hot Case Number: 82
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs
National Center for Missing Adults
Forrest Perry District Attorney
Hattiesburg American News Archive

Kimberly Turner, 27, went missing about an hour's drive away in 1993: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33522/

Gardener, I know you don't usually submit but just checking whether or not you did on this one? I think it looks like a good possibility. I'm happy to do it if you never did?

This UID has no dentals, DNA or fingerprints in Namus but I am guessing they must have a way to make an ID if there was someone to compare to?

Gardener, I know you don't usually submit but just checking whether or not you did on this one? I think it looks like a good possibility. I'm happy to do it if you never did?

This UID has no dentals, DNA or fingerprints in Namus but I am guessing they must have a way to make an ID if there was someone to compare to?

Hi Sunny, no I never submitted her. Go ahead. Thank you!

Hi Sunny, no I never submitted her. Go ahead. Thank you!

Done. Kimberly Turner submitted as a possible match to Michael Nance at Namus.

- Jane Doe's skeletal remains found in 2001 - estimated year of death is 5-10 years prior. Kimberly went missing in 1993. = MATCH
- Jane Doe found in Perry County, only around a one hour drive from Jackson County where Kimberly was last seen. = MATCH
- Jane Doe estimated age 20-35, Kimberly was 27 at time of disappearance. = MATCH
- Jane Doe estimated height 4'7" to 5'2". Kimberly's height 4'9" to 5'. = MATCH
- Jane Doe hair colour brown. Kimberly's hair colour brown. = MATCH
- Jane Doe weight - 100 to 170 pounds. Kimberly's weight around 100 pounds. = MATCH

Done. Kimberly Turner submitted as a possible match to Michael Nance at Namus.

- Jane Doe's skeletal remains found in 2001 - estimated year of death is 5-10 years prior. Kimberly went missing in 1993. = MATCH
- Jane Doe found in Perry County, only around a one hour drive from Jackson County where Kimberly was last seen. = MATCH
- Jane Doe estimated age 20-35, Kimberly was 27 at time of disappearance. = MATCH
- Jane Doe estimated height 4'7" to 5'2". Kimberly's height 4'9" to 5'. = MATCH
- Jane Doe hair colour brown. Kimberly's hair colour brown. = MATCH
- Jane Doe weight - 100 to 170 pounds. Kimberly's weight around 100 pounds. = MATCH

You are awesome! I hope this brings some answers for Kimberly's family.

Babette Phillips aka Babette Alberti missing from Louisiana since late 1983 who was headed for MS according to Doe Network though this is not mentioned in Namus:
UID 4'7" - 5'2" ... MP 4'11"-5'1"
UID 100-170lb ... MP 85-105lb
UID brown hair ... MP brown hair

However the UID's skull was found (COD listed as blunt force trauma to the head) but not sure about the mandible, as Dentals are listed as Not Available. Babette had a broken jaw that had been temporarily wired.
She also had various scars and tattoos that would not have been visible on skeletal remains.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/1170dfla.html
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1582?nav

JENNIE FISHER was last seen in January, 1991 (ten years before UID was found) and was 37 years old. She had brown hair, was 5 feet tall and weighed 125lbs. She was from Palm Gardens, Florida and was last seen by her husband after telling him she was leaving him. He said she got into a black van with two men and was never seen again.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

SANDRA MANN was last seen on March 1st, 1995 (six years before the UID was found). Sandra was also 37 years old but was from Lakeland, Flordia. She had brown hair, was 5'3 and 125lbs. There was not a lot of information on her disappearance unfortunately.

GLENDA FIELDS was last seen in June, 1993 in Bean Station, TN (eight years before the UID was found). Glenda was also 37. She had dark brown hair, was only 4'11 and weighed around 105-100lbs. She had had both wrists broken before. Glenda was last seen leaving a bar in TN.

(While she is younger than the estimate, she falls within the other ranges and was seen last only one state away and I'd like to at least include her)

WILDA BENOIT was last seen on July 23rd, 1992 in Creole, Louisiana (nine years before the UID was found). She was 14 at the time and was last seen while on heavy painkillers leaving a hospital after shoulder surgery. She was 5 feet tall and weighed 100lbs. Wilda was believed to be a runaway possibly heading out of state.

817UFMS - Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: June 18, 2001
Location of Discovery: Janice, Perry County, Mississippi
Estimated Date of Death: At least 5 years prior to discovery but no more than 10 years.
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Blunt force trauma to the head

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White
Height: 4'7" to 5'2"
Weight: 100-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Zana-Di button up, knee length blue jeans (size 16), silver or pink under garments (size unknown), and brown leather sandals (size 6W).
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's skeletal remains were located by archeologists or surveyors in a wooded area off an old logging road known as Woods Road. The area is approximately 1 mile off Red Hill Road on U.S. Forest Service land five miles south of New Augusta. Animal activity had spread the skeletal remains over a large area.Originally it was believed that the remains may be those of missing Petal teen, Angela Freeman, but DNA ruled out any connection in 2001.Some sources list June 27, 2001 as the date of discovery.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Perry County Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone Number: 601-964-8461
Agency Case Number: 2001-0860

Agency Name: Mississippi Chief Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Phone Number: 601-987-1440

NCIC Case Number: U040002043
NamUs Case Number: UP# 4734
Former Hot Case Number: 82

Information Source(s)
NamUs
National Center for Missing Adults
Forrest Perry District Attorney
Hattiesburg American News Archive
817UFMS

Woods Road Jane Doe has been unidentified for 21 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back