Clothing: nothing

Footwear: nothing

Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals: Dental information / not available
DNA: Sample submitted-Tests complete

Case History
A female was picking apples on her property and discovered a portion of human skull lying on the surface of ground. Dr. Dennis Dirkmaat Forensic anthropologist at Mercyhurst College Erie Pa. examination the skull and determined that the skull fragment to be that of a white female. He determined that the bone had been exposed in its present condition for more than five years.

Few info for this case; there are not even the coordinates to understand the precise point where the skull was found.

Depends if the girl did not die right away, and she died a few years after it disappeared we would fall in the age range; but I know it is very difficult as a hypothesis.

The skullcap was found in a wooded area near the intersections of Routes 6 & 219 in Hamlin Twp near Mt Jewett.
http://www.pamissing.com/mckeancountyjanedoe.html

Great work thanks fot the post info; near cross of two important roads.

Unidentified White Female
Found September 22, 1991 near Mount Jewett, McKean County

Vital Statistics
State of Remains: only the skull cap was found
Estimated Age: between 15 and 30, but likely between 20 and 25 years old.
Estimated Time of Death: at least 3 years, possibly as long as 15 years prior to being found.
DNA: Available
Dentals: Not Available

Case Details
On Sunday afternoon, September 22, 1991, a woman walking through the woods near her Hamlin Twp home,found a skull cap which she turned over to the police. The area is close to the intersection of Route 6 and Route 219, near Mount Jewett.
The skull was examined by the anthropology department at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, who determined that the skull was human. A fracture found in the skull indicated that foul play had been involved.
The skull was also examined by anthropologist Dr Dennis Dirkmaat at Mercyhurst College in Erie, who said that the skull appeared to have been pierced by a bullet.
On Friday, May 8, 1992 a search of the area where the skull was found was conducted by the Pennsylvania State Police and the Cattaraugus County (NY) Sheriff's Department, who brought a dog trained to search for human remains. No additional remains were found.

There is a variety of information available about this case at McKean County Cold Cases:

http://mckeancountycoldcases.weebly.com/mt-jewett-jane-doe.html

and

https://www.facebook.com/mckeancoldcases/

Includes recent updates:
-DNA inclusion in CODIS (2016)
-Dr. Dirkmaat's 2016 revisions
I think there is a chance this could be the remains of Linda Peugeot. I just turned it in. I am also looking for mitochondrial relatives for LE to contact, as Linda has no DNA in CODIS. Her case is horrific, even by the standards of what we see on Websleuths. There is a lot of documentation on Stanley Hoss and this case. Let's discuss the possibility. Everything fits but I have been burned by that before....

I think there is a chance this could be the remains of Linda Peugeot. I just turned it in. I am also looking for mitochondrial relatives for LE to contact, as Linda has no DNA in CODIS. Her case is horrific, even by the standards of what we see on Websleuths. There is a lot of documentation on Stanley Hoss and this case. Let's discuss the possibility. Everything fits but I have been burned by that before....

The link case

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-LaVale-22-Sept-1969&highlight=linda+peugeot

You subimitted this no? ;)

Si Romulus, I emailed it to the trooper in charge of this case yesterday. Unfortunately there will be no way to prove or disprove a match unless I can find mitochondrial DNA for Linda Peugeot. She had no sisters or brothers. I need to construct a family tree. I have sent a message to a genealogical society in her home county.

I remember Stanley Hoss. When he was loose, children were afraid to play outside.

Si Romulus, I emailed it to the trooper in charge of this case yesterday. Unfortunately there will be no way to prove or disprove a match unless I can find mitochondrial DNA for Linda Peugeot. She had no sisters or brothers. I need to construct a family tree. I have sent a message to a genealogical society in her home county.

I remember Stanley Hoss. When he was loose, children were afraid to play outside.

I spoke to someone from the coroner's office today, gave him all the particulars on Linda Peugeot. I had previously sent an email to the Pa State Police investigator in charge of the case.

Next, to construct a family tree for Linda Peugeot......

I spoke to someone from the coroner's office today, gave him all the particulars on Linda Peugeot. I had previously sent an email to the Pa State Police investigator in charge of the case.

Next, to construct a family tree for Linda Peugeot......

Linda's mitochondrial DNA is in the system, via her daughter Lori. No family tree is needed, though I have that raw information if a tree is needed later. She did have a half brother from her mother. He unfortunately passed away last year but apparently gave a DNA sample some years before his death, hence Lori's DNA in the system.
I have emailed or spoken to administrators of both the calvarium and Lori's case. The comparison is supposed to be automatically run but LE can request it be done sooner if there is good reason. Hopefully there is.

Well, I have now spoken, written, or emailed to all contacts for Linda and Lori Peugeot and the Mt. Jewett ((McKean County) calvarium, requesting that a DNA comparison be made. Let's keep out fingers crossed that they do it.
It occurs to me that there is a good forensics program in Erie, not that far away. I may suggest that they use the area where the calvarium was found for training of field operatives. It would get a large number of investigators on the ground there, and there is a strong possibility of something to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back