Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: The defence of Mark Smich
CBC News Posted: May 11, 2016

image.jpg

source

The lawyers for one of the two men accused of murdering Hamilton's Tim Bosma today begin a defence of Mark Smich.

Smich's lawyers will begin calling witnesses after more than three months of testimony and over 90 witnesses called by the Crown.

Millard's defence team will not be calling witnesses and he won't testify.

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

We're starting early this morning, Justice Goodman just came in. First time that's happened.
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

Smich is here wearing a purple checkered shirt, and a fresh haircut. His defence starts today. Still no jury in yet.
by Adam Carter 9:59 AM

Hmmm Smich wearing purple today. Team Bosma's colour.

Getting very close to some Justice and closure for Tim and his family. I am praying for the Jury to be clear and concise when it is time to reach a verdict. I have faith in these men and women that will serve up the justice and verdict that is right.

I have to admit, I am a little nervous for them as they is just so much information to digest, and we do not know yet how much more will be added with MS defense or what line that is taking.

My best guess is no MS on the stand, but maybe one or two that can help him to corroborate whatever defense he intends to use.

Either way I think the crown is going to give a great closing argument that will put all the loose ends together, and tell a compelling story that will be clear to the Jury. Who knows, we might finally hear how they think the hoses and bathroom at Riverside tie in..

My thoughts are with Tim's family and friends at this very stressful wind down to the trial.

Prayers for the Bosma family & Bosma Army as MS's defense begins. IF he does take the stand and testifies to what actually happened (assuming he tells the truth), it will be a tremendously bittersweet and difficult time for them. :(

Adam Carter
Smich is here wearing a purple checkered shirt, and a fresh haircut. His defence starts today. Still no jury in yet.
PURPLE????? That's Tim's Tribute colour. Better not be another mockery.

Hopefully starting today the Bosma family gets closer to the truth. Who knows how truthful it will really be but I'm curious to see what TD has in store.

Thinking of the Bosma family today. This could be an extremely tough day for them, but justice for Tim is coming.

The jury is now being called in. About to be underway.
by Adam Carter 10:09 AM

Getting very close to some Justice and closure for Tim and his family. I am praying for the Jury to be clear and concise when it is time to reach a verdict. I have faith in these men and women that will serve up the justice and verdict that is right.

I have to admit, I am a little nervous for them as they is just so much information to digest, and we do not know yet how much more will be added with MS defense or what line that is taking.

My best guess is no MS on the stand, but maybe one or two that can help him to corroborate whatever defense he intends to use.

Either way I think the crown is going to give a great closing argument that will put all the loose ends together, and tell a compelling story that will be clear to the Jury. Who knows, we might finally hear how they think the hoses and bathroom at Riverside tie in..

My thoughts are with Tim's family and friends at this very stressful wind down to the trial.

I echo your sentiments dar107. And I would also love to have some closure on those freaking hoses and the bathroom visit.

This is the first trial I have watched this closely, and look forward to the disclosure of legal arguments whenever that happens. It will be interesting to see just how much of the full story the jury got to hear.

Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey is now giving an opening statement.
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

The presumption of innocence follows a person when he's tried," Dungey says to the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

"We believe that you should have, the jurors, the full picture of what happened. The absolute full picture ... as to what happened on May 6 and 7."
by Adam Carter 10:12 AM

"He is going to tell you what he did and what happened on May 6 and 7," Dungey says. Smich will testify.
by Adam Carter 10:12 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
The jury is being brought in. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is coming in. #bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Bosma jury has arrived. @CHCHNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Nice to see you back, says Justice Goodman

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is back. Thomas Dungey is up to give an opening statement. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago