1179 users online (160 members and 1019 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,550

    NY - Queens, WhtFem, UP7297, 25-40, missing ovary, apparent suicide, Apr'95

    The Doe Network





    Unidentified Female

    Date of Discovery: April 10, 1995
    Location of Discovery: Queens, Queens County, New York
    Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
    State of Remains: Recognizable face
    Cause of Death: Apparent suicide
    Physical Description

    ** Listed information is approximate

    Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
    Race: White
    Gender: Female
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 212 lbs.
    Hair Color: Strawberry blonde approximately 10 inches long.
    Eye Color: Green
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had a 2 ½ inch scar on her left forearm. Missing right ovary.
    Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Not available
    Clothing & Personal Items

    Clothing: Black jeans, black jacket, black sweater, black bra, and black boots.
    Jewelry: Yellow metal necklace with white heart-shaped stones.
    Additional Personal Items: Two sets of keys and a plastic angel.
    Case History

    The victim was found by construction workers in a vacant lot at 33-02 Laurel Hill Boulevard underneath the Kosciusko Bridge, where she had apparently jumped to her death from the bridge's walkway.
    Investigating Agency(s)

    If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: New York County Medical Examiner’s Office
    Agency Contact Person: Benjamin Figura
    Agency Phone Number: 212-447-2770
    E-Mail

    Agency Case Number: Q95-01820
    NCIC Case Number: N/A
    NamUs Case Number: UP #7297
    Former Hot Case Number: 2299
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Information Source(s)

    NamUs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Posts
    409
    Bumping for this Jane Doe. She was found not far from Calvary Cemetery.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    559
    Huh, only one rule out:

    Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma

    I wonder why no pics?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,550
    Another case with recognizable face, but nothing sketch, sad!
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132
    wow this is literally right by my house I can walk here.. I don't ever remember hearing about this.. but What I do find weird is one I do remember which was April 2015 like 20 years almost to the day another blonde woman all in black was going to jump and she was convinced not to. http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-talks-...ry?id=30134444

    I know this does not help to identify this woman but I just thought it was strange.. I wish they had her PM or a sketch at least if she was recognizable.. I don't get why they don't do that...
    I will look into what I can find.. if anything.
    Last edited by madamx; 06-01-2017 at 03:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132
    I wonder if they ever checked out this woman allen_heidi2[1].jpg

    Heidi Marie Allen
    Missing Since: April 3, 1994 from New Haven, Oswego County, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Date Of Birth: September 14, 1975
    Age: 18
    Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
    Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
    Hair Color: Lt. Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Race: White
    Gender: Female

    Distinguishing Characteristics: Renaissance metal frame glasses
    and/or contacts. 1 inch scar on right knee. Pierced ears.
    Clothing: Heidi was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a
    plaid SU logo on the front and white tennis shoes, size 9 or 10.
    Jewelry: Heidi may have been wearing an 18" gold chain necklace
    with a heart and diamond charm.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132
    TKawash[1].jpg http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1580dfnj.html

    Theresa A. Kawash
    Missing since July 4, 1982 from Englewood Cliffs, Bergen County, New Jersey
    Classification: Missing

    Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: November 20, 1945
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 125-130 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Fair complexion.


    Circumstances of Disappearance
    On Sunday, July 4, 1982, at approximately 08:00, Theresa Kawash was at her home in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Her husband, Edmund Kawash, did not physically observe Theresa, but heard her call their daughter into her room. At approximately 08:30, Mr. Kawash and their daughter left the residence, leaving Theresa at home. Theresa’s vehicle, a gold 1977 Datsun 280 Z, was in the garage at the time.

    On Wednesday, July 7, 1982, Mr. Kawash reported Theresa as a missing person to the Englewood Cliffs Police Department.
    Mr. Kawash reported that after a day trip to Pennsylvania with his daughter, they arrived home at approximately 23:30 on the night of July 4th and found that Theresa and her vehicle were not home. Mr. Kawash reported that he did not see his wife or the vehicle again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    89
    Here's a long shot - she was on her way to travelling to New Jersey, but don't see why she'd need to go via New York?

    Age a little bit off, as is height.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2632dfpa.html

    Karen Denise Wells
    Missing since April 12, 1994 from Carlisle, Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 22, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond, below-shoulder length hair; green-blue eyes. Wears prescription glasses.
    • Marks, Scars: Circle scar on forearm, ears pierced.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
    • Fingerprints: Available

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132
    it sounded good.. but then I realized this lady went missing on the 12 and this jane doe was found on the 10....close!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosebegoose View Post
    Here's a long shot - she was on her way to travelling to New Jersey, but don't see why she'd need to go via New York?

    Age a little bit off, as is height.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2632dfpa.html

    Karen Denise Wells
    Missing since April 12, 1994 from Carlisle, Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 22, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond, below-shoulder length hair; green-blue eyes. Wears prescription glasses.
    • Marks, Scars: Circle scar on forearm, ears pierced.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
    • Fingerprints: Available

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    it sounded good.. but then I realized this lady went missing on the 12 and this jane doe was found on the 10....close!
    Thing is,... different years... this UID was found on April 10, 1995.

    The person that you were referring to, missing Karen Denise Wells, went missing on April 12, 1994.
    So it's possible to be missing in 1994 and be found in 1995...

    IMOO.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132
    omg Treelights you ARE soo Right!.. I was Never looked Passed April 10th.. oh dear.. I am sorry Mongoose.. YES Karen Denise Wells could be a possibility ...Pay No Attention to my other post.. I was talking out of my Butt!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    Thing is,... different years... this UID was found on April 10, 1995.

    The person that you were referring to, missing Karen Denise Wells, went missing on April 12, 1994.
    So it's possible to be missing in 1994 and be found in 1995...

    IMOO.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,550
    Fingerprint information now available for Namus!
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I wonder if they ever checked out this woman

    Heidi Marie Allen
    Missing Since: April 3, 1994 from New Haven, Oswego County, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Date Of Birth: September 14, 1975
    Age: 18
    Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
    Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
    Hair Color: Lt. Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Race: White
    Gender: Female

    Distinguishing Characteristics: Renaissance metal frame glasses
    and/or contacts. 1 inch scar on right knee. Pierced ears.
    Clothing: Heidi was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a
    plaid SU logo on the front and white tennis shoes, size 9 or 10.
    Jewelry: Heidi may have been wearing an 18" gold chain necklace
    with a heart and diamond charm.
    Hmm, Heidi would be about 7 years under the UP's minimum age. Also, Heidi's eyes are blue but the UP's are listed as green (although blue and green can be pretty close and one person may say they're one color while someone else might say the other).
    Another thing I noticed was that NamUs says Heidi's car keys were left behind in the store where she worked, whereas Jane Doe was found with two sets of keys (although I suppose it's possible that Heidi could have carried two sets of other keys in addition to her car keys).
    They both have fingerprints in NamUs, so they probably would have matched automatically if they were a fit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1580dfnj.html

    Theresa A. Kawash
    Missing since July 4, 1982 from Englewood Cliffs, Bergen County, New Jersey
    Classification: Missing

    Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: November 20, 1945
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 125-130 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Fair complexion.


    Circumstances of Disappearance
    On Sunday, July 4, 1982, at approximately 08:00, Theresa Kawash was at her home in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Her husband, Edmund Kawash, did not physically observe Theresa, but heard her call their daughter into her room. At approximately 08:30, Mr. Kawash and their daughter left the residence, leaving Theresa at home. Theresa’s vehicle, a gold 1977 Datsun 280 Z, was in the garage at the time.

    On Wednesday, July 7, 1982, Mr. Kawash reported Theresa as a missing person to the Englewood Cliffs Police Department.
    Mr. Kawash reported that after a day trip to Pennsylvania with his daughter, they arrived home at approximately 23:30 on the night of July 4th and found that Theresa and her vehicle were not home. Mr. Kawash reported that he did not see his wife or the vehicle again.
    Seems like it could be a possible match, even though the 13-year span between when Theresa went missing and when the UP was found is quite long. Also, Theresa's eyes are listed as hazel and the UP's are green, although sometimes it's tough to tell between hazel and green and different people might describe the same light eyes as different colors. Did anyone submit?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosebegoose View Post
    Here's a long shot - she was on her way to travelling to New Jersey, but don't see why she'd need to go via New York?

    Age a little bit off, as is height.

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2632dfpa.html

    Karen Denise Wells
    Missing since April 12, 1994 from Carlisle, Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: September 22, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond, below-shoulder length hair; green-blue eyes. Wears prescription glasses.
    • Marks, Scars: Circle scar on forearm, ears pierced.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
    • Fingerprints: Available
    They both have fingerprints in the system, so they'd probably have matched automatically, if they were a fit. Also, Karen sounds quite a bit more petite than the UP -- she was only 5'6" compared to the UP's 5'10" height and 120 lbs compared to the UP's 212 lbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Bachelorette Gia Dead of Apparent Suicide
    By kato in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
  2. Freddie Mac CFO dead, in apparent suicide
    By lizzybeth in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM
  3. Man plunges from Canyon copter in apparent suicide
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:33 AM

Tags for this Thread