NY NY - Queens, Kosciusko Bridge, WhtFem 25-40, UP7297, missing ovary, all Blk clothes, angel, Apr'95

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: April 10, 1995
Location of Discovery: Queens, Queens County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Apparent suicide
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 212 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry blonde approximately 10 inches long.
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had a 2 ½ inch scar on her left forearm. Missing right ovary.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Black jeans, black jacket, black sweater, black bra, and black boots.
Jewelry: Yellow metal necklace with white heart-shaped stones.
Additional Personal Items: Two sets of keys and a plastic angel.
Case History

The victim was found by construction workers in a vacant lot at 33-02 Laurel Hill Boulevard underneath the Kosciusko Bridge, where she had apparently jumped to her death from the bridge's walkway.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: New York County Medical Examiner’s Office
Agency Contact Person: Benjamin Figura
Agency Phone Number: 212-447-2770

Agency Case Number: Q95-01820
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #7297
Former Hot Case Number: 2299
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs

Bumping for this Jane Doe. She was found not far from Calvary Cemetery.

Huh, only one rule out:

Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma

I wonder why no pics?

Another case with recognizable face, but nothing sketch, sad! :(

wow this is literally right by my house I can walk here.. I don't ever remember hearing about this.. but What I do find weird is one I do remember which was April 2015 like 20 years almost to the day another blonde woman all in black was going to jump and she was convinced not to. http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-talks-suicidal-woman-jumping-off-bridge-rescues/story?id=30134444

I know this does not help to identify this woman but I just thought it was strange.. I wish they had her PM or a sketch at least if she was recognizable.. I don't get why they don't do that...
I will look into what I can find.. if anything.

I wonder if they ever checked out this woman allen_heidi2[1].jpg

Heidi Marie Allen
Missing Since: April 3, 1994 from New Haven, Oswego County, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing

Date Of Birth: September 14, 1975
Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Distinguishing Characteristics: Renaissance metal frame glasses
and/or contacts. 1 inch scar on right knee. Pierced ears.
Clothing: Heidi was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a
plaid SU logo on the front and white tennis shoes, size 9 or 10.
Jewelry: Heidi may have been wearing an 18" gold chain necklace
with a heart and diamond charm.

TKawash[1].jpg http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1580dfnj.html

Theresa A. Kawash
Missing since July 4, 1982 from Englewood Cliffs, Bergen County, New Jersey
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 20, 1945
Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 125-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Fair complexion.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Sunday, July 4, 1982, at approximately 08:00, Theresa Kawash was at her home in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Her husband, Edmund Kawash, did not physically observe Theresa, but heard her call their daughter into her room. At approximately 08:30, Mr. Kawash and their daughter left the residence, leaving Theresa at home. Theresa’s vehicle, a gold 1977 Datsun 280 Z, was in the garage at the time.

On Wednesday, July 7, 1982, Mr. Kawash reported Theresa as a missing person to the Englewood Cliffs Police Department.
Mr. Kawash reported that after a day trip to Pennsylvania with his daughter, they arrived home at approximately 23:30 on the night of July 4th and found that Theresa and her vehicle were not home. Mr. Kawash reported that he did not see his wife or the vehicle again.

Here's a long shot - she was on her way to travelling to New Jersey, but don't see why she'd need to go via New York?

Age a little bit off, as is height.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2632dfpa.html

Karen Denise Wells
Missing since April 12, 1994 from Carlisle, Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: September 22, 1970
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond, below-shoulder length hair; green-blue eyes. Wears prescription glasses.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Circle scar on forearm, ears pierced.
    [*]Dentals: Available
    [*]DNA: Available
    [*]Fingerprints: Available

it sounded good.. but then I realized this lady went missing on the 12 and this jane doe was found on the 10....close!
Here's a long shot - she was on her way to travelling to New Jersey, but don't see why she'd need to go via New York?

Karen Denise Wells
Missing since April 12, 1994 from Carlisle, Middlesex Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Vital Statistics

[*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond, below-shoulder length hair; green-blue eyes. Wears prescription glasses.

it sounded good.. but then I realized this lady went missing on the 12 and this jane doe was found on the 10....close!

Thing is,... different years... this UID was found on April 10, 1995.

The person that you were referring to, missing Karen Denise Wells, went missing on April 12, 1994.
So it's possible to be missing in 1994 and be found in 1995...

IMOO.

omg Treelights you ARE soo Right!.. I was Never looked Passed April 10th.. oh dear.. I am sorry Mongoose.. YES Karen Denise Wells could be a possibility ...Pay No Attention to my other post.. I was talking out of my Butt!!
Thing is,... different years... this UID was found on April 10, 1995.

The person that you were referring to, missing Karen Denise Wells, went missing on April 12, 1994.
So it's possible to be missing in 1994 and be found in 1995...

IMOO.

I wonder if they ever checked out this woman
attachment.php

Heidi Marie Allen
Missing Since: April 3, 1994 from New Haven, Oswego County, New York

Date Of Birth: September 14, 1975
Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Distinguishing Characteristics: Renaissance metal frame glasses
and/or contacts. 1 inch scar on right knee. Pierced ears.
Clothing: Heidi was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a
plaid SU logo on the front and white tennis shoes, size 9 or 10.
Jewelry: Heidi may have been wearing an 18" gold chain necklace
with a heart and diamond charm.

Hmm, Heidi would be about 7 years under the UP's minimum age. Also, Heidi's eyes are blue but the UP's are listed as green (although blue and green can be pretty close and one person may say they're one color while someone else might say the other).
Another thing I noticed was that NamUs says Heidi's car keys were left behind in the store where she worked, whereas Jane Doe was found with two sets of keys (although I suppose it's possible that Heidi could have carried two sets of other keys in addition to her car keys).
They both have fingerprints in NamUs, so they probably would have matched automatically if they were a fit.

attachment.php
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1580dfnj.html

Theresa A. Kawash
Missing since July 4, 1982 from Englewood Cliffs, Bergen County, New Jersey
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 20, 1945
Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 125-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes. Fair complexion.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On Sunday, July 4, 1982, at approximately 08:00, Theresa Kawash was at her home in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Her husband, Edmund Kawash, did not physically observe Theresa, but heard her call their daughter into her room. At approximately 08:30, Mr. Kawash and their daughter left the residence, leaving Theresa at home. Theresa’s vehicle, a gold 1977 Datsun 280 Z, was in the garage at the time.

On Wednesday, July 7, 1982, Mr. Kawash reported Theresa as a missing person to the Englewood Cliffs Police Department.
Mr. Kawash reported that after a day trip to Pennsylvania with his daughter, they arrived home at approximately 23:30 on the night of July 4th and found that Theresa and her vehicle were not home. Mr. Kawash reported that he did not see his wife or the vehicle again.

Seems like it could be a possible match, even though the 13-year span between when Theresa went missing and when the UP was found is quite long. Also, Theresa's eyes are listed as hazel and the UP's are green, although sometimes it's tough to tell between hazel and green and different people might describe the same light eyes as different colors. Did anyone submit?

Karen Denise Wells

Vital Statistics

• Fingerprints: Available

They both have fingerprints in the system, so they'd probably have matched automatically, if they were a fit. Also, Karen sounds quite a bit more petite than the UP -- she was only 5'6" compared to the UP's 5'10" height and 120 lbs compared to the UP's 212 lbs.

With the missing right ovary, I wonder if she had some type of ovarian cancer of something similar. I had never heard of that before, so I went looking on the internet as to why someone would be missing an ovary and found the following article. Very informative.

Various reasons~~Toxins, Genetics, Autoimmune diseases including (Addison disease, diabetes, thyroid diseases, lupus, hypoparthyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, and others) metabolic conditions, hormonal conditions, infectious diseases.

https://www.drgreene.com/qa-articles/vanishing-ovaries/

With the missing right ovary, I wonder if she had some type of ovarian cancer of something similar. I had never heard of that before, so I went looking on the internet as to why someone would be missing an ovary and found the following article. Very informative.

Various reasons~~Toxins, Genetics, Autoimmune diseases including (Addison disease, diabetes, thyroid diseases, lupus, hypoparthyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, and others) metabolic conditions, hormonal conditions, infectious diseases.

https://www.drgreene.com/qa-articles/vanishing-ovaries/

My mom had to get an ovary removed recently because she had a large cyst on it that was very uncomfortable.

The Doe Network: Case File 2632DFPA

Karen Denise Wells

Vital Statistics

I was just looking her over and realized that she has a scar on her forearm and so does the UID

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back