1081 users online (249 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Unhappy MI - Mariah Davis, 5, dies after finding loaded gun, Detroit, 11 May 2016

Girl, 5, fatally shoots self with grandmother’s gun

James David Dickson, The Detroit News 8:45 a.m. EDT May 11, 2016

Detroit — A 5-year-old girl is dead in Detroit after finding a gun under her grandmother’s pillow and shooting herself with it Wednesday morning, Officer Dan Donakowski of the Detroit Police Department confirmed.

The shooting took place about midnight on the 19700 block of Oakfield, east of the Southfield Freeway and south of Pembroke on Detroit’s west side. Two other children, a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old, were present at the time but were not harmed...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...-gun/84219228/

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/4...g-grandmas-gun

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Young Girl Finds Gun Under Grandma’s Pillow In Detroit, Kills Self

May 11, 2016 6:22 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) — Detroit police are questioning a woman after her five-year old granddaughter apparently shot and killed herself with a gun. It happened overnight at a home on Oakfield, near Pembroke and the Southfield Freeway on the city’s west side.

The child, identified by relatives as Mariah Davis, apparently found the gun under her grandmother’s pillow.

Detroit police Sgt. Michael Woody says in an email that police responded around midnight Tuesday...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/05/...it-kills-self/

Why was a 5-year-old still awake at midnight?

My heart is absolutely shattered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Mariah Davis

#RIPMariah

Source:
    http://cbsloc.al/1VULY1p

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Absolutely tragic. And avoidable. :-(

Seriously a loaded gun under the pillow with 3 children in the house?
    Uhm... questions... Won't elaborate now because reading this made me so enraged that i would probably break all TOS.
    RIP little one

Sent from my NOS NOVU using Tapatalk
    …man differs from the animal by the fact that he is a killer; he the only primate that kills and tortures members of his own species without any reason, either biological or economic, and who feels satisfaction in doing so.
    Erich Fromm (Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

Grandparents charged with involuntary manslaughter after Detroit girl shoots self

Mariah Davis, 5, found gun under pillow in grandparents' home, prosecutor says

By Halston Herrera - Digital news editor

Posted: 9:55 AM, May 25, 2016
    Updated: 11:37 AM, May 25, 2016

DETROIT - The grandparents of a 5-year-old Detroit girl who died after shooting herself in the neck with a gun she found at their home have been charged with involuntary manslaughter, child abuse and other gun charges.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Frederick Davis and Patricia McNeal, both 65, are expected to turn themselves in Thursday.

Mariah Davis was being watched May 11 by her grandparents in their home on Oakfield Avenue when she found the gun under a pillow, Worthy said.

In the last 17 months, Wayne County has had 8 children either killed or hurt by guns that they were handling, Worthy said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...lving-children

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ings/84901650/

Grandparents of 5-year-old Detroit girl who fatally shot herself will go to trial

Mariah Davis shot herself with gun found in grandmother's bedroom

By Rod Meloni - Reporter, CFP ®

Posted: 5:59 PM, June 10, 2016
    Updated: 6:10 PM, June 10, 2016

DETROIT - Mariah Davis, 5, went into her grandmother's bedroom about midnight May 11 along with her 3-year-old brother and a 1-year-old neighbor and found a handgun under a pillow.

Mariah shot herself in the neck and died from the wounds days later.

Her grandmother, 65-year-old Patricia McNeal, and grandfather, 65-year-old Frederick Davis, both face involuntary manslaughter charges, three counts of child abuse and felony firearms charges. Davis has a prior drug conviction, which is why he is facing an additional charge of felon in possession...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/g...ll-go-to-trial

More from BetteDavisEyes' link:

[...]
    Judge Holmes ordered McNeal and Davis to trial.

"At least a week and a half before the shooting the gun was under the pillow. The night before the gun was under the pillow, the night of that baby's shooting she was seen going into that room where that gun had been under the pillow and nobody did anything to secure that gun," the judge said.
    [...]
    http://fw.to/uHs2i6X

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Something's fishy about this..

Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post

Personally, I don't think I'd say 'fishy'. Tragic, avoidable, infuriating -- sure. But you might be surprised at how often young children in the US shoot themselves and others.

MI - Mariah Davis, 5, dies after finding loaded gun, Detroit, 11 May 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Personally, I don't think I'd say 'fishy'. Tragic, avoidable, infuriating -- sure. But you might be surprised at how often young children in the US shoot themselves and others.
    Wait, what? I wouldn't be surprised at all, as a matter of fact. Why would I be surprised? I read newspapers and watch the news. "Fishy" (IMO) and all of the words you used are indeed valid. They are not mutually exclusive.

Well, then why 'fishy', if we're talking about something that is not terribly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Well, then why 'fishy', if we're talking about something that is not terribly uncommon?
    For one, I'm not going to engage with you, and for two, it's against TOS. It's no big deal, we all have different takes on situations.

Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post

What do you mean? Do you think someone is lying?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast