Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

General MSM Tweets

Also, check here for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: Mark Smich returns to testify
CBC News Posted: May 12, 2016

bosma-trial-sketch.JPG

This artist's rendering shows the Mark Smich in the witness box (right) being questioned by lawyer Thomas Dungey (middle) with Dellen Millard (right) looking on. (Pam Davies/CBC)

After Wednesday's dramatic testimony accused murderer Mark Smich returns to testify at the Tim Bosma trial in Hamilton.

Yesterday Smich told the jury that co-accused, Dellen Millard shot Bosma and, in the moments after, "looked like a lunatic."

​Smich said he wasn't in Bosma's truck when the shooting happened. He told the jury he was following the vehicle in Millard's Yukon that the two had driven to the Bosma home in the Hamilton suburb of Ancaster.

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Court is now in session. No jury in just yet.
by Adam Carter 9:59 AM

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:02 AM

Thanks in advance for all those who are able to update with the tweets today. It's hugely appreciated. :)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
The jury is being called back in. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s57 seconds ago
#Bosma jury is coming in. Smich is wearing a yellow shirt today, with jeans.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 38s38 seconds ago
Jury called in. Mark smich back on the stand. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
We are back. Smich on the stand. Dungey back up. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Jury is in the courtroom and Mark Smich is back on the stand. Thomas Dungey on his feet to continue exam in chief. Asking about gun.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s22 seconds ago
He starts off clarifying a Q he asked yesterday--he asks if he's correct that Smich saw 2 photos of the same gun. He agrees, yes. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 21s22 seconds ago
Jury is in at the #TimBosma murder trial. Mark Smich continues his testimony this morning under questioning by his lawyer Tom Dungey.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
Dungey says there was some confusion yesterday about the "guns" question. There were two photos of a gun. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Smich says he saw two photos of the same gun...When he told Marlena "I ****ed up" what did he mean? "Going for the test drive."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
Dungey asks Smich what he meant when he told his girlfriend after Millard's arrest that he "****ed up." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 33s34 seconds ago
He told gf Meneses "I F'd up, I f'd up." Why? "I went on the test drive." Meneses had warned him not to.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 33s34 seconds ago
Smich says when he told Marlena "I ****ed up" he meant he went with Millard on the test drive against her advice. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 26s27 seconds ago
Smich asked to clarify pictures of guns. And what she meant when he said he 'f--d up" he says because he went w Dell. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s22 seconds ago
He said he was referring to going on the test drive with Dell--because his gf Marlena Meneses had told him not to. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s50 seconds ago
Now toolbox and Brandan Daly. "It would have started one day after the toolbox would have been dropped off."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s31 seconds ago
Dungey now asks him about the toolbox. Smich recalls telling his friend Brendan Daly he wished he'd had him get the box... #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 28s29 seconds ago
Now talking about what Smich told Brendan Daly about the toolbox. Smich had said he wished Daly had moved it. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 25s26 seconds ago Mississauga, Ontario
Mark Smich is back on the stand. He's telling the jury about moving the toolbox. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
Smich told Daly he wished he'd moved it instead of Arthur, whose mother "came screaming at me in Russian."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 42s43 seconds ago
Talking about moving the toolbox that held the gun. His friend Arthur's mother was screaming in Russian, Smich didn't really understand

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s43 seconds ago
...instead of his friend Arthur. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 32s33 seconds ago Mississauga, Ontario
Smich tells the jury there was a conversation. There was a gun in the toolbox. #Bosma #HamOnt

Thomas Dungey now continuing his examination of Mark Smich.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

Smich talking about a discussion he had with friend Brendan Daly about the toolbox he was given. Smich says he told Daly he wished Daly had moved it instead of his other friend Arthur.
by Adam Carter 10:06 AM

"I told him there was a gun in the toolbox, that was unexpected," Smich says. A few days later, they talked about selling the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:07 AM

"I was expecting some drugs, and there was a toolbox with a gun in it."
by Adam Carter 10:07 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16s17 seconds ago
Arthur picked up the toolbox for Smich. Smich told another friend he wished he had moved the toolbox instead because of Arthur's mom.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
"That would have been the conversation. That there was a gun in the toolbox." Told Daly gun "was unexpected."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s30 seconds ago
Smich told Daly there was a gun in the toolbox that was "unexpected." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19s20 seconds ago
"A few days after that, I would have had a conversation with him about selling the gun." Smich is talking about friend Brendan Daly

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
He says he had been expecting drugs. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13s14 seconds ago
"A few days after that I would have had a conversation with him about selling the gun." Smich says he was expecting drugs to be dropped off.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Smich says the gun in the toolbox was unexpected. He was expecting drugs instead. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 46s46 seconds ago Mississauga, Ontario
Smich: 'I told him things got dropped off. I was expecting drugs, and there was a toolbox with a gun in it.'

A few days later Smich says they had another conversation about the toolbox, this time about selling the gun. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"As days went on, the conversations obviously grew, around the toolbox." Smich. "Conversation about trying to sell the gun."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 59s59 seconds ago
"I didn't want to be anywhere around it," Smich says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Mississauga, Ontario
Smich says 'there was a conversation about selling the gun in the toolbox. I didn't want to be anywhere around it.' #Bosma #HamOnt

"I didn't want to be anywhere around it," Smich says about the gun. He says they talked about selling it. "I asked him if he knew anybody who would be able to buy it, because I needed the money for a lawyer."
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

Smich says Daly tried to broker a deal with his friend, but he didn't have enough money.
by Adam Carter 10:08 AM

Smich says a bunch of people were pressuring him to get rid of the gun. Says his sister told him CityTV called the house, and she was telling him to get rid of what was in the house.
by Adam Carter 10:09 AM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich says he told Daly he wanted to sell the gun, he didn't want to be around it #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s58 seconds ago
"I asked him if he knew anybody that'd be able to buy it. Because I needed money for a lawyer," he says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
"I didn't want to be anywhere around it. And I asked him if he knew anyone who would buy it, because I needed a lawyer." Smich

Smich says Daly did call a friend who came over, but he didn't have enough money. Bought a bit of weed and left. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
The gun in the toolbox was a surprise, says Smich. "I didn't want to be anywhere around it...

Smich wanted Daly to help him sell it so he could get money for a lawyer. #Bosma

Was it ever confirmed yesterday that the gun in the toolbox was the same gun MS testified to seeing DM put in his satchel after he got out of TB's truck?

ETA: I know it sounds like a stupid question but yesterday MS testified he didn't know where the gun went after that night (or words to that affect) and that he'd seen guns (plural) at DM's place before.

...and I asked him if he knew anybody who'd be able to buy it because I needed money for a lawyer." #bosma

"After that the conversation went to, wanting to get rid of it. Everyone wanted me to get rid of the gun." Asked Brendan to help.

Smich says at this point "everyone was pressuring me to get rid of the gun." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Mississauga, Ontario
Smich on the gun 'Everyone was pressuring me to get rid of it.' Specifically his girlfriend, Marlena. #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich says everyone was pressuring him to get rid of the gun. Marlena and his sister pushed him after media called the house. #TimBosma

He says CityTV had called his mom's house and his sister freaked out and told him to "get rid of everything." #Bosma

Smich says Daly gave him the idea to bury the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:10 AM

Smich says he never told Daly that the gun in the toolbox was his.
by Adam Carter 10:10 AM

"When I received the gun, I thought that Dell was trying to frame me by dropping this off on me. I did not ask for it," Smich says he told Daly.
by Adam Carter 10:11 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 57s57 seconds ago
Sister told Smich to get everything out of the house. She got a call from reporters. She could smell the marijuana in the bag

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Talking about the gun. And he needed help from Brendan daly. Help sell it to a friend. Needed $ for a lawyer. @AM900CHML

He doesn't think she knew exactly what he had but knew stuff had been dropped off. #Bosma

Marlena pressuring Smich to get rid of gun. Sister wanted him to get rid of it, was "inside the washing machine in my mother's garage."

Smich says the drugs and gun were hidden in the washing machine in his mother's garage.

After the gun sale fell through, Smich says Daly gave him the idea to bury the gun. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
The gun was in the garage Smich says, but he couldn't find a buyer. #TimBosma

Daly gave him idea to "go out and bury the gun somewhere because I couldn't sell it and everybody was pressuring me to get rid of it."

Smich says it was daly who gave him the idea to bury the gun since he couldn't sell it. #TimBosma

Dungey asks Smich if he ever told Daly the gun in the toolbox was his gun. He says no, he didn't. #Bosma

Daly told Smich he should bury the gun. So that's what he ended up doing. Never told Daly it was his gun. #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he never told Daly it was his gun. #TimBosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members