IL IL - Kianna Galvin, 17, South Elgin, 6 May 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
South Elgin teen girl reported missing
AR-160519671.jpg&updated=201605111620&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

A 17-year-old girl from South Elgin has been missing since Friday, and her mother and police are asking the public to help find her.
Kianna Galvin, 17, left her house around 12:30 p.m. Friday when she told her sister she was going to Concord Park in South Elgin and would be back in a couple of hours, her mother Fiona Galvin said.
She left her purse, wallet, phone charger and makeup at home, all things she would take if she expected to be gone long, her mother said.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160511/news/160519671/

Slightly different version is being reported here:

Kianna Galvin was last seen when she told a sister she was going to a friend's house that day, said South Elgin Police Sgt. Mike Flaningam.

Her family reported her as missing on Sunday evening.

Flaningam said police have spoken to friends and family of the girl, and even contacted Streamwood police in regards to the arrest of a man who was suspected of being with the girl. No information was found, he added.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...lgin-missing-girl-st-0512-20160511-story.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...is-teen-kianna-galvin-s-disappearance-n574726

Concern Growing Over Illinois Teen Kianna Galvin's Disappearance
by RACHAEL TROST

On Mother's Day, Fionna Galvin had to make the call no mother wants to make; she reported her teenage daughter Kianna missing.

Kianna Galvin Fionna Galvin
"My mind is racing so fast. I never thought my daughter would be in danger, but that's what has happened, I think," Fionna told Dateline. "She never would not contact me on Mother's Day if she was OK."

Kianna, 17, left her home in South Elgin, Illinois around 12:30 p.m. Friday, May 6, telling her younger sister she was headed to a nearby park to meet a friend and would return in a few hours. When her mother returned home from work that afternoon and Kianna still hadn't returned, Fionna tried to call her cell.

"It went right to voicemail, which was odd," recalled Fionna. "But I thought maybe she was out with friends. She has so many, it wouldn't be strange."

Kianna failed to check in that evening or on Saturday, despite her mother's pleading texts. Sunday morning began with a call to the South Elgin Police Department to report the teen missing.

Police are investigating and following several leads, but little information has been released. Officials are not saying if they do, or do not, suspect foul play.

But Fionna is sure something sinister must have happened to Kianna. Fionna said that following a recent breakup, her daughter was pushing forward and looking forward to her 18th birthday this summer. "We were shopping for a car, and were going to take a trip to Atlanta to check out an art and design school down there she was interested in attending," Fionna said. Kianna had earned her GED and was interested in pursuing a career in interior design, according to her mother.

None of the teen's friends has any idea what may have happened, she says, and they don't know whom she went to meet that afternoon. Her usually-flooded social media accounts have gone silent.

One of the last postings Kianna made was on Facebook around noon the day she disappeared. It said, in part, that she got her courage from her father and her strength from her mother. "It's ironic, because now I really have to be strong when put in this situation. I just want Kianna home," Fionna told Dateline.

Kianna Galvin is described as 5'6" tall, weighing 145 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information regarding her whereabouts is urged to call the South Elgin Police Department at (841) 741-2151.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160623/news/160629544/

Seventeen-year-old Kianna Galvin of South Elgin vanished from home seven weeks ago, leaving her family distraught and authorities searching for clues...

Police have searched her mother's home in South Elgin, and the Rockford homes of her father and stepmother. They have conducted searches, including along Stearns Road and at Jim Hansen Park. Elgin police have assisted with searching at least two locations in town...

She didn't have a boyfriend. Her ex-boyfriend was arrested on unrelated charges in May, when police said they had no reason to believe he was involved with Kianna's disappearance.

I wish it were known why she was going to the park. Such a pretty girl. I pray she is ok, but I fear whomever she went to meet harmed her.

I wish it were known why she was going to the park. Such a pretty girl. I pray she is ok, but I fear whomever she went to meet harmed her.
The fb page indicates that she met up with an ex boyfriend at the park, he has been questioned several times...[emoji22]

still missing: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

It was Mother's Day this year when Kianna Galvin's mother Fiona had to report her 17-year-old daughter missing. Kianna was last seen around 12:30 p.m. on May 6, 2016, leaving her family's South Elgin, Illinois home. She told her younger sister she was headed to a nearby park to meet a friend and would return home in several hours. She never returned home, and her phone either was turned off or died later that afternoon. Authorities said the search continues to be active and ongoing, but few details are available to be released. A search warrant was executed in connection with the case several weeks after Kianna's disappearance on a property not far from the apartment complex where Kianna's family lives. Investigators were not able to release specifics on that development. Kianna's family continues to post on social media pleading for anyone with information to call police.

kianna_galvin_77552c32d767889204848fd44cb42785.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...lgin-missing-girl-st-1219-20161216-story.html

Investigators hope new billboards located throughout the Chicago area help create more leads into the disappearance of South Elgin teen Kianna Galvin...

"We have a pretty large team put together working on the case," Endean said. The team includes officers from Elgin, the Kane County Sheriff's office, Illinois State Police and the U.S. Marshals Service, he said.

There have been some promising leads that are being followed up on, Endean said. He could not comment further on those leads, he said. But, investigators are using all resources available, he said.

South Elgin police, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, conducted their latest search for Kianna on April 29 in several areas of the village, including along Route 31 and Stearns Road. "As of right now, nothing was found," Doty said.

She will hold a remembrance for Kianna from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday in her front yard at 72 Concord Ave., where she wants to plant a little garden and ask people to share favorite memories of her daughter.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...in-teenx2019s-mom-wants-to-know-what-happened

The fb page indicates that she met up with an ex boyfriend at the park, he has been questioned several times...[emoji22]

They since found out she never made it to the park but was seen going into a house on the way to the park.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back