TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Everyone, please read this
post before you post anything else

Dear Websleuths members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

For our new members: Welcome to websleuths!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the internet. If you are used to forums like topix then you are going to find out quickly websleuths is not topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-the-rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bevers. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*if you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy's husband personally.

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

i am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what i taught her to do. I want to publicly thank sparky for her hard work and dedication.

Ok newbies and old time Websleuths members, go forth and discuss!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
owner/Websleuths.com
ps. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as i write.

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

I note it's about 7am Central time. I hope that the new day brings new information or new breakthroughs in the case. Even some confirmation that some people have been ruled out would be a start.

I wasn't able to check in much yesterday. Can someone fill me in on anything I missed?

Anyone with any knowledge on police forensics have any idea why the bloody shirt DNA results are taking so long? Did they send to FBI HQ back east? Could it be there was a positive hit on human blood and they are double checking? This seems weird however as I implied by asking the question I have zero knowledge on how long this typically takes.

Anyone with any knowledge on police forensics have any idea why the bloody shirt DNA results are taking so long? Did they send to FBI HQ back east? Could it be there was a positive hit on human blood and they are double checking? This seems weird however as I implied by asking the question I have zero knowledge on how long this typically takes.

It is possible they have them back but aren't sharing. They don't seem to like sharing.

It could be because they believe the dog blood story to be true and therefore did not request priority status for the testing.

They might have determined it wasn't human blood - therefore, no need for DNA testing.

That being said, I doubt they would announce whatever results they may have obtained either way.

Good morning y'all! :seeya:

I woke up this morning feeling super hopeful that today might be the day we hear something! Gosh I hope I'm right for once!!

I still have nothing to add ATM. I am still thinking that the perp isn't anyone we've ever heard of before......so I am waiting on more information or HOPEFULLY an arrest!! I can't help but feel that we are all on the wrong track here in the thread and we are just going in circles. IMHO, LE knows who the perp is and they are close to making an arrest. I have complete faith in them!!

A HUGE welcome to all the new members!! :) I really hope y'all will take some time to go back and read through the previous threads while there's a break. I know it's overwhelming but many of the things being brought up have been discussed at length and there is a lot of information there. It's still possible to get caught up so that we will all be on the same page when there is an arrest. ;) Anyway--I'm glad y'all are here!!

I am SO ready for justice to come for Missy.

Y'all play nice! :blowkiss:

It appears that LE is using the tactic of holding information close to the vest in order to cause the perp more anxiety.

The person has no idea what they know, and neither do we. I feel they are very close to an arrest! JMO

It appears that LE is using the tactic of holding information close to the vest in order to .....

Actually, that's the normal procedure for pretty much every police department in every high profile case in every decent-sized-or-bigger city everywhere. They feel no need to tell the public the details of what they discover, as they discover it, and act in that vein. So if we're smart, we're not reading something into the lack of known-by-us information on each test, each lead, each POI, and so on, because that lack of public information is nothing more than "regular life" in the way these things are most likely to be handled.

I've been reading through as fast as I can.....and kind of skipping the repetitive stuff....

Someone asked about FBI, DEA, ATF, Other PD's being spotted in the area, I haven't seen any in Midlo. And I drive pass the MPD every morning and afternoon, and in the evenings all around Midlo for my kids activities/sports. Could be working during the day while I'm at work in Dallas?

Someone asked about camper that found MB identity, no it has not been made public and no they are not on the WS/phone target list, I know because I know who the camper is.

I'm going back and forth on the POI....from it being as another person stated "juvenile" unknown person to MB to it possibly being someone close to MB circle.

I feel that....a gun was not involved.....but I could be wrong. I know that one of the campers that found MB stated that "she was all cut up".....no mention of gun wounds but maybe the other wounds could have possibly covered up the gun wound IF there were any. JMO

As I've stated before....call us crazy but some of us locals are not scared or worried about it being a serial killer on the loose and teens/high school kids are still hanging out at night, people are still jogging out in the open...carrying on with our everyday lives.

It didn't appear LE was going to be holding info about a week ago with the info on warrants, target numbers, etc, so that's been a bit frustrating.

I was just sitting here thinking about the perp's height. If LE is correct that height is 5'-8" or 5'-9", and if the prevailing view is correct that gender is female, then that does help to narrow things down. That height is above average for females. And for that matter, it's below average for males.

If this was a targeted killing in which the perp had some connection to MB either directly or indirectly, there just won't be many people in the potential pool who are that height. If it was a random killing with no prior connection, then that makes things harder. But I'll be shocked if it was random.Everything about this case screams "planned" and "crime of passion".

But it's important that LE gets the estimated height on the nose. Shouldn't be hard to do - they dress someone in similar outfit and have them re-create the perp's movements for the church cameras, then compare the footage until they get a close match. But maybe that's why they called in experts to help review footage; maybe they're checking and double-checking the height estimate.

I think the testing is a lot more difficult than people are assuming. The receipt says that they attempted to treat the stain before bringing it to the drycleaners. It might have just been rinsed, hydrogen peroxide, a stain stick might have been used, etc. I don't think it was just a shirt covered in fresh blood that could easily be stuck under a microscope.

There seemed to be a lot of focus that it was someone directly or indirectly connected through CG, though MB stopping going to the gym a couple weeks prior is a curveball.

Such a radical change in her routine HAS to be pertinent to the murder, you'd have to think. But Nancy Grace and her guests only went down ONE track of why that change in routine might have occurred.

Yes, it could have been that someone at the gym was making her uncomfortable. But... it could also be that she didn't go to the gym because there was someplace else that she would rather go instead. I know this is speculation. I don't want to violate TOS being a newbie and all, and I am not wanting to blame Missy. She is the victim here no matter what. But is it possible that not being at the gym allowed her to be somewhere else while those close to her would have been none the wiser, thinking that her whereabouts were always accounted for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan