NH - Police Beat Suspect On Live TV After Multi-State Chase

KaaBoom

`·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·
Reaction score
Massachusetts state police to investigate video of officers beating driver after chase

NASHUA, N.H. – Helicopter video of a high-speed police pursuit from Massachusetts to New Hampshire shows a driver stepping slowly out of his truck, kneeling and putting his hands on the ground before several officers rush him and start pummeling him.

The driver was taken into custody by local police on Wednesday, but Massachusetts state police, who were involved in the pursuit, said they'll review whether the force used was appropriate.

Massachusetts state police to investigate video of officers beating driver after chase

[video=youtube;X7mXcRoMLBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7mXcRoMLBo[/video]

The use of force might be appropriate? Anything can be justified if one wants it to be so.

Problem is imo - one cops punch is another cops bullet. Where does it end? Where is the line drawn?

The use of force might be appropriate? Anything can be justified if one wants it to be so.

Problem is imo - one cops punch is another cops bullet. Where does it end? Where is the line drawn?

That&#8217;s the society we are living in. The cops don&#8217;t even care who sees them. They are proud of it. Even with helicopters overhead filming them, they will still viciously assault a suspect like a pack of wild animals, and their supervisors will have to evaluate if that use of force might have been appropriate.:facepalm:

What I&#8217;d like to know is where are all these good cops, we keep hearing about? They are supposed to be the vast majority, but not one of them ever shows up in these videos, to stop the assault.

New Hampshire State Police Director Robert Quinn told reporters one of his troopers was "immediately relieved from duty without pay" for his alleged involvement in the "disturbing" incident. His agency will conduct an internal investigation and cooperate with a criminal probe by the state attorney general.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/us/high-speed-chase-officers-review/index.html

Could be a lot of smoke - could be well meaning. Time will tell.

You guys haven't figured it out yet? This is called street justice. It is now an acceptable method of policing if you catch a suspect who really pissed you off.

New Hampshire State Police Director Robert Quinn told reporters one of his troopers was "immediately relieved from duty without pay" for his alleged involvement in the "disturbing" incident. His agency will conduct an internal investigation and cooperate with a criminal probe by the state attorney general.

It&#8217;s smoke. If it was any thing more, then every one of those cops at the scene would have already been arrested and charged with assault and battery, just like any ordinary citizens would have been for doing the same thing. Probably charges of gang-related activity too.

You guys haven't figured it out yet? This is called street justice. It is now an acceptable method of policing if you catch a suspect who really pissed you off.

Yep, the #1 worst crime in America is not murder or child molestation, it&#8217;s disrespecting a LEO. The only crime that can get you instant street justice, with no trial.

"Internal investigation"...excuse me while I leave the room to vomit.

Internal investigation means a meeting to figure out if they should pay the family and if they do how much his life was worth.

Mass. Trooper Is Suspended With Pay Following Beating Caught On Video

BOSTON A Massachusetts State Police trooper was suspended with pay Friday after video captured him and other officers beating up an apparently surrendering suspect following a wild car chase into New Hampshire.

The suspension will be in effect until an investigation into Wednesday&#8217;s chase is complete, police spokesman David Procopio said. He declined to elaborate on the decision or say how long the investigation might take.

Mass. Trooper Is Suspended With Pay Following Beating Caught On Video

NH Police Beating: Trooper to Plead Guilty

A former New Hampshire state trooper caught on camera beating a chase suspect in Nashua in May is expected to plead guilty to assault charges. Andrew Monaco, 31, was caught on camera May 11 repeatedly punching a suspect who was down on the ground surrendering. Attorney General Joseph Foster said it was a case of excessive force.

Monaco is expected to plead guilty to three assault charges during a hearing Thursday in Nashua District Court. Flynn was also charged with assault; his case is still pending. Their charges carry a more severe penalty because they were on duty at the time, Foster said.

Didn't look that bad to me. Not like they beat him mercilessly with a rubber hose for hours in some cell. I counted about 16 blows. Guy endangers the public for an hour resisting arrest in a car chase. Had an assault with a deadly weapon and larceny charge warrants. I'd have punched that dude too. IMO more people need to have a beating every now and then.

Didn't look that bad to me. Not like they beat him mercilessly with a rubber hose for hours in some cell. I counted about 16 blows. Guy endangers the public for an hour resisting arrest in a car chase. Had an assault with a deadly weapon and larceny charge warrants. I'd have punched that dude too. IMO more people need to have a beating every now and then.

You bumped a year old thread to say that? They didn't "punch" him they laid a beating on him out of anger. Thats not what cops are supposed to do!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back