Found Deceased MN - David Miller, 20, Minneapolis, 10 May 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
MISSING: Univ. of Minnesota student David Miller, 20
missing-umn_1463073731365_1300828_ver1.0.jpg

Miller, 20, was last seen leaving Wilkins Hall on the University of Minnesota campus around 9 p.m. on Tuesday, May 10.
http://www.fox9.com/news/140340304-story

According to Fox9:
He is 6'1" and 175#, green eyes; last seen in dark pants/jacket
Sophomore from St. Peter, MN
No cell phone
again...last seen Tues May 10th @ 9 pm at Wilkins Hall
did not report to class on Wed May 11th

IMO I have a kid that goes there and it's a big school. It is finals week and very stressful.
I'm not sure if Wilkins Hall (dorm) is his dorm but it is located next to a river and a bridge...I hate to even type that.
Lets think positive and he needed an off campus break.

so almost 48 hours since he was last seen...20 year old guy without a wallet AND his phone that is unheard of these days. final week.
His roomies didn't notice anything wrong.
Unfortunately the U and BAC know the drill with males missing at the U.

On Thursday afternoon, police boats and drones were searching the Mississippi River near the Washington Avenue Bridge, close to campus. Police say Miller did not have his cell phone when he left, although they do not suspect foul play.
minnesota.cbslocal.com

A darker facet of the Washington Avenue Bridge's history is its association with suicide. Poet and university professor John Berryman is the most famous person to have killed himself at the site, when he jumped from the bridge in 1972. About a half-dozen others have also died by landing in the river or on the flats area.
Wiki

I live in MN and didn't even know about this. It is not being talked about at all here.

I live in MN and didn't even know about this. It is not being talked about at all here.
It just came out today and was on most of the tv networks. My son that goes there didn't hear about it either - no alert system except for students MYu online - missing person banner. It isn't a normal week on campus since it is finals week until Saturday.
The alert is state wide too.

David Michael Miller, 20, a third-year bioscience major from St. Peter, Minn., was last seen walking out of Wilkins Hall, a student dormitory in the northwest corner of campus, near Dinkytown, about 9 p.m. on Tuesday. Surveillance footage appeared to show him walking west, in the direction of Interstate 35W.

Miller's roommates, concerned that he never came home that night and then didn't show up for a final exam the following morning, reported his disappearance to campus authorities.

Before his disappearance, Miller's roommates reportedly didn't notice anything amiss.

http://www.startribune.com/authorities-seek-help-in-search-for-missing-u-student/379231941/

13173133_10154256889863701_4584329856792918646_o.jpg

That is a pretty densely populated area. There are always people or cars on those bridges in the evening. I feel like most of the people who disappeared before in that area, it was much later at night- like 2 AM after bar close. If he was walking west on University, there would have been a lot of people walking and driving at 9 pm. They are tons of cameras in that area though, I am sure they will find more footage.

[h=1]Search resumes for missing U of M student[/h]http://www.kare11.com/news/search-resumes-for-missing-u-of-m-student/187262568
"This just doesn't make sense. He went for a workout session with a long time friend. Somebody we know from St. Peter. Everything seemed well. His roommates said he was in good spirits," said James Miller, David's father.

An extensive search was launched Thursday that included police, sheriff's deputies, K-9s and water patrol crews. U of M Police say that search will resume on campus at 1 or 1:30 p.m.

[h=1]Grid search' conducted in effort to find missing U student[/h]http://www.startribune.com/grid-sea...n-effort-to-find-missing-u-student/379410391/
As many as 70 officers from seven law enforcement agencies walked block by block Friday afternoon around Dinkytown and the surrounding area...
about 9 p.m. Tuesday. Surveillance footage appeared to show him walking west, in the direction of Interstate 35W,...
But so far there has been no sign of Miller, ...
“That’s the unusual thing: They didn’t say anything about him having emotional issues,” Clark said.
Miller left behind his phone, Clark said, complicating the task of finding him. And so far, he said, U police haven’t been able to track his movements on the campus network of approximately 2,000 surveillance cameras....
As hours pass, “everybody is concerned,” Clark said. “We don’t have a ton of good information. We are hoping for a positive resolution.”

still no sign of him...search continues
school is now out for the summer

still missing
I'm sure the police are still reviewing all the videos.
I'll be on campus this weekend and will snoop around a bit

My first thought was similar to others here---worried about the bridge and the river.

But it seems like his friends would know if he was flunking out or had a bad break up or was severely depressed. It doesn't seem like he had any issues like that----?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back